Author Topic: LightwaveRF Wifi  (Read 8939 times)

driver02

• View Profile
LightwaveRF Wifi
« on: March 28, 2015, 12:08:28 PM »
Sorry & Thank you James , I was not sure and 1think am going for the link you mention, I saw those one on ebay as well , Sorry for asking the same Quest? I just found out about Voxcommando 3 weeks ago and I have learn some of your video tutorials , I`ve install  home automation with lightwaveRf  4 Years ago , Now how to control Lightwaverf threw Voxcommando is going to be mission for me, The only option I have right now  is to learn from the USB-UIRT remote  as you know lightwave is not compatible like home easy plug socket etc..  Also am going to try Voxwave as well Hope we success in Controlling Lightwaverf 
Thank you  :)

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
Re: LightwaveRF Wifi
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2015, 12:21:19 PM »
  as you know lightwave is not compatible like home easy plug socket etc..

Actually, I don't think I have ever even heard of Lightwave RF.  There are about 200 home automation "systems" out there.  It is pretty hard to keep track.  They all seem to have nearly identical Wordpress websites too.  :biglaugh

Anyway, good luck and have fun. :D
« Last Edit: March 28, 2015, 12:33:31 PM by jitterjames »

driver02

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2015, 11:49:25 AM »
Hello Again james, You might be thinking not this nightmare Again LOL , To be honest the day I found VC I don't want to know any other software (cool man)

:bonk I have been fighting hard to make VC to work with lightwaverf  wifi link  and I know is simple there is a way like for example to use eventghost as third party etc , There is some other folks make it work with Rasperi Pi here is his video demonstration  https://youtu.be/gZkwvSX0_Os    but for me it does not look neat (tidy) you know what I mean , The device can control with remote I can make it work threw USB-UIRT but I wanted to make it work threw IP like this guy did , because the lightwave have a wifi link and this automation is famous in LONDON and I was praying why cant super hero Jitterjames make a plugin for this device , Is just a wish James ,ok, I know a lots thing involve on that so am Trying , Once I get it running I will let you know Thank you

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2015, 12:49:34 PM »
  :bonk I have been fighting hard to make VC to work with lightwaverf  wifi link

What does this mean?  What things have you tried?

I don't understand how you would use a usb-uirt to control it.

It should be relatively easy to control lights etc using UDP.

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2015, 01:55:02 PM »
Maybe this website will help you a bit - go to the end to the website at point "Network" - there is described, how the format looks like to send it over UDP and also how you connect to your LightWaveRF.

http://www.openremote.org/display/docs/OpenRemote+2.0+How+To+-+LightwaveRF

I hope this help  ;)
***********  get excited and make things  **********

driver02

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2015, 02:28:12 PM »
No I haven't try UDP yet, And the remote control way USB-UIRT what I really mean was my Lightwaverf works with My Galaxy S4 mobile which I have an app install and it does send the link threw Local wifi or Internet Anywhere,  Now I also have a remote control it control threw the IR to the Switch No need WIFI LInk , So that's what I ment to get the code from that remote and create a command threw VC

But now am going to check if UDP works because so many I saw on google said  unsuccessful 

nime5ter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Getting Started with VoxCommando
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2015, 03:19:05 PM »
But now am going to check if UDP works because so many I saw on google said  unsuccessful

Maybe you have been reading different things than me. What I have read is that there is no real problem sending UDP messages to the LightwaveRF Wifi Link. The only problem people have reported is getting information back.

So, you may have trouble get status information about your devices, but if you want to SEND commands from VC to the Wifi Link to, for example, turn lights on and off, that should work as long as you get the syntax correct.

Kalle's link above looks like a great place to start. The documentation there describes how to construct the UDP commands.

In VoxCommando, you would need to enable the TCP plugin. The action for sending UDP messages is TCP.UDP.SendMixed. http://voxcommando.com/mediawiki/index.php?title=Plugin_TCP#UDP
TIPS: POST VC VERSION #. Explain what you want VC to do. Say what you've tried & what happened, or post a video demo. Attach VC log. Link to instructions followed.  Post your command (xml)

nime5ter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2015, 03:34:28 PM »
Example.

If on the LightWaveRF website or app you have defined your Kitchen as Room 1. Then Kitchen = R1

If in the kitchen there is one light defined as Device 1, then Kitchen Light = D1

Then one of the following commands would hopefully work to turn the kitchen light on.

Code: [Select]
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-16"?>
<!--VoxCommando 2.1.4.2-->
<commandGroup open="True" name="LightWavRF" enabled="True" prefix="" priority="0" requiredProcess="" description="">
  <command id="662" name="Turn kitchen light on" enabled="true" alwaysOn="False" confirm="False" requiredConfidence="0" loop="False" loopDelay="0" loopMax="0" description="Room 1 (R1) = imaginary kitchen (R1). Device 1 (D1) = kitchen light. F1 = On (F0 would be Off)">
    <action>
      <cmdType>TCP.UDP.SendMixed</cmdType>
      <params>
        <param>001,!R1D1F1|Kitchen Light|On</param>
        <param>9760</param>
      </params>
      <cmdRepeat>1</cmdRepeat>
    </action>
    <phrase>Test version 1</phrase>
  </command>
  <command id="664" name="Turn kitchen light on (carriage return at end of command)" enabled="true" alwaysOn="False" confirm="False" requiredConfidence="0" loop="False" loopDelay="0" loopMax="0" description="Room 1 (R1) = imaginary kitchen (R1). Device 1 (D1) = kitchen light. F1 = On (F0 would be Off)">
    <action>
      <cmdType>TCP.UDP.SendMixed</cmdType>
      <params>
        <param>001,!R1D1F1|Kitchen Light|On\x0D </param>
        <param>9760</param>
      </params>
      <cmdRepeat>1</cmdRepeat>
    </action>
    <phrase>Test version 2</phrase>
  </command>
</commandGroup>
« Last Edit: March 29, 2015, 03:59:40 PM by nime5ter »
TIPS: POST VC VERSION #. Explain what you want VC to do. Say what you've tried & what happened, or post a video demo. Attach VC log. Link to instructions followed.  Post your command (xml)

driver02

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2015, 04:16:00 PM »
Thank you nime5 and kel  I know you guys are trying to help me , The problem am having is the udp is not connecting may be am doing it wrong , I set the ip address of my Wifi example 192.168.0.8 and udp port on 9760 1st then 9761 but am not getting any respond so I cant go further ,,,am still trying though

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2015, 04:36:00 PM »
Is it possible that you need a username and password to connect normaly to the Lightwave?
***********  get excited and make things  **********

nime5ter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2015, 05:03:22 PM »
There's probably not much we can do to help, but you can:

1. Post the xml for the VoxCommando commands you are trying to use so that we can see exactly what you're trying. Maybe we can see mistakes.

2. While it may not have useful information, you can also enable VC logging, run the commands again (even though they are not working for you), and attach your voxlog.txt file as well.

3. If you do the above, please let us know how you are figuring out the correct room number and device number information.

driver02

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2015, 10:25:56 PM »
Thank you Nimster , To get the udp is not easy though , I have to open to register with openremote then Java Then locate my ip ,password ,port etc ,,Wow there a lot to learn , when I have time I will go threw this later but right now  ::zzz

nime5ter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2015, 10:31:51 PM »
I think there is some confusion here.

You would need to install Open Remote and Java only if you want to use Open Remote to control your LightWaveRF using UDP.

You don't want that. You want to use VC to send the UDP messages.

As I suggested earlier, I recommend that you post here the VC command that you are trying, so that we can see what it is you're trying.

To install Open Remote and Java etc. seems like a pretty big waste of time given your goal.

driver02

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2015, 09:40:22 AM »
Sorry Nime5ter, I`ve been a pain I know , ok may be I haven`t learn sending UDP message Properly only I did was running xbmc and text to speech so I though the rest would be easy

Ok here what I did , I forward my port in my router for the ip address of my wifi , My port forward was on UDP only not TCP/UDP  that's what I set it

Then I went on VC and I was looking to enable the  Plugin TCP so in my one I have two type TCP 2.2.0.1  and TCPMIC  0.1.6.1.  so I try TCP 2.2.0.1  I put my ip and port and restart so this is where am stuck cant see connection i think am trying wrong plug inn 

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2015, 10:15:10 AM »
Yes it is quite easy if you are somewhat familiar with VoxCommando.

Ok here what I did , I forward my port in my router for the ip address of my wifi , My port forward was on UDP only not TCP/UDP  that's what I set it
This is step is not necessary.  You should not need to forward any ports.  In general the only time you need to forward ports on your router is when you want to access something on your LAN from outside your home.  In some cases Windows firewall might interfere but generally you only need to enable one exception for networking in general, not for specific ports.

Then I went on VC and I was looking to enable the  Plugin TCP so in my one I have two type TCP 2.2.0.1  and TCPMIC  0.1.6.1.  so I try TCP 2.2.0.1  I put my ip and port and restart so this is where am stuck cant see connection i think am trying wrong plug inn
You do not "connect" with UDP.  UDP is just a message that gets sent out onto the network.  There is no "connection" involved.

TCP is the correct plugin.  You don't need to configure anything, only enable the plugin and then use the commands that nime5ter gave you.  You were provided with two test commands.  If you have a switch Device #1 in Room #1 then one of those two commands should work.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2015, 05:43:52 PM by jitterjames »