Author Topic: xbmc cinema experience  (Read 13609 times)

ryz4eva

• Chasing The Tech Dragon
    • View Profile
xbmc cinema experience
« on: January 10, 2014, 03:01:20 PM »
hi. was hoping somebody could help me set up the cinema experience addon for xbmc. i want it so that i can say "play film *ABC* in cinema mode" and it runs however im struggling because of alll the coding throughout the information.

cheers
Rocking:
Lenovo Ideapad Z580
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1
LG Nexus 4
Voxcommando
Eventghost
XBMC Frodo
Vera Lite

View my site to see what im up to with vox...

ryz4eva

• View Profile
Re: xbmc cinema experience
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2014, 03:22:13 PM »
can i add that i was hoping to use the xperience1080 skin, which isnt supported in the compatible list
Rocking:
Lenovo Ideapad Z580
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1
LG Nexus 4
Voxcommando
Eventghost
XBMC Frodo
Vera Lite

nime5ter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Getting Started with VoxCommando
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2014, 04:10:52 PM »
Sorry, are you asking VC users how to install the CE add-on in XBMC Frodo?

Or do you already have the add-on installed and you're asking how to build a voice command in VoxCommando to play a film with a CE intro?

Or something else?
TIPS: POST VC VERSION #. Explain what you want VC to do. Say what you've tried & what happened, or post a video demo. Attach VC log. Link to instructions followed.  Post your command (xml)

ryz4eva

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2014, 04:13:49 PM »
I already have the CE add on, I was wondering how to build a comand with the CE intro
Rocking:
Lenovo Ideapad Z580
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1
LG Nexus 4
Voxcommando
Eventghost
XBMC Frodo
Vera Lite

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2014, 04:35:18 PM »
Is CE already working correctly for you in your current setup, and with your current skin?

ryz4eva

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2014, 04:39:58 PM »
CE works currently by using the replace play experimental feature however I want to be able to ask vox to run it, instead of forcing it every time.

It is not compatible with my current skin as far as I am aware (no ability to get "cinema" subheadings option
Rocking:
Lenovo Ideapad Z580
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1
LG Nexus 4
Voxcommando
Eventghost
XBMC Frodo
Vera Lite

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2014, 04:51:38 PM »
Hopefully the skin won't matter since VC can initiate it.

Here is a command that works for me.  The way to say the command will be "take me out to watch Avatar.

Code: [Select]
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-16"?>
<command id="404" name="Take me out to watch {1}" enabled="true" alwaysOn="False" confirm="False" requiredConfidence="0" loop="False" loopDelay="0" loopMax="0" description="">
  <action>
    <cmdType>TTS.Speak</cmdType>
    <cmdString>Enjoy watching: {PF.1}</cmdString>
    <cmdRepeat>1</cmdRepeat>
  </action>
  <action>
    <cmdType>XJson.Raw</cmdType>
    <cmdString>Addons.ExecuteAddon&amp;&amp; "wait": false, "addonid": "script.cinema.experience", "params": [ "movieid={1}" ]</cmdString>
    <cmdRepeat>1</cmdRepeat>
  </action>
  <phrase>Take me out to watch</phrase>
  <payloadFromXML phraseOnly="False" use2partPhrase="False" phraseConnector="by" Phrase2wildcard="anyone" optional="False">XbmcPayloads\xbmcMovieIDs.xml</payloadFromXML>
</command>

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2014, 04:56:28 PM »
Here is the command for double feature.

Be advised that if you have a lot of movies you won't want to have 3 different commands that are all using the same payloadXML for your movies.

Code: [Select]
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-16"?>
<commandGroup open="True" name="ce double feature" enabled="True" prefix="" priority="0" requiredProcess="" description="">
  <command id="430" name="double feature {1} and {2}" enabled="true" alwaysOn="False" confirm="False" requiredConfidence="0" loop="False" loopDelay="0" loopMax="0" description="">
    <action>
      <cmdType>TTS.Speak</cmdType>
      <cmdString>Enjoy watching: {PF.1}, followed by {PF.2}</cmdString>
      <cmdRepeat>1</cmdRepeat>
    </action>
    <action>
      <cmdType>XJson.Raw</cmdType>
      <cmdString>Addons.ExecuteAddon&amp;&amp; "wait": false, "addonid": "script.cinema.experience", "params": [ "movieid={1};{2}" ]</cmdString>
      <cmdRepeat>1</cmdRepeat>
    </action>
    <phrase>double feature</phrase>
    <payloadFromXML phraseOnly="False" use2partPhrase="False" phraseConnector="by" Phrase2wildcard="anyone" optional="False">XbmcPayloads\xbmcMovieIDs.xml</payloadFromXML>
    <phrase>and</phrase>
  </command>
</commandGroup>

nime5ter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Getting Started with VoxCommando
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2014, 05:35:44 PM »
For future reference, if you look carefully at the documentation for the CE addon and compare it to the command that jitterjames shared above, it should help you to figure out how to build commands from scratch in the future.

You wanted to know how to start the addon script using a voice command, so the part of the CE documentation you need to look at is: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Add-on:Cinema_Experience#Script_Starting_Methods (in particular, section 5.3.1.2 - Movie ID).

It's not really a lot of code, but just one line. As you can see by looking at the command jitterjames provided, in VC this is implemented via the XJson.Raw action.

A helpful place to start is to look for similar commands that came in your VC configuration when you installed it.

There is, for example, a command group called "XBMC Addons", in which there is already a command -- "download subtitles" -- that uses very similar syntax to that specified in the documentation for the Cinema Experience Addon. That would have made a good starting point. After that, the only VC-specific aspect one needs to understand is how to use payloads.

jitterjames is a wizard at providing us with custom commands at short notice, but in the long run that can make it difficult to understand what's happening. :)
TIPS: POST VC VERSION #. Explain what you want VC to do. Say what you've tried & what happened, or post a video demo. Attach VC log. Link to instructions followed.  Post your command (xml)

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2014, 06:48:08 PM »
im struggling because of alll the coding throughout the information.

What does that mean anyway?

lja

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2014, 12:32:27 AM »
I am trying the code in Reply #6 above. It works however if I stop the movie and then try to play another movie XBMC freezes. I then have to restart the PC to be able to open XBMC again. When not using "Take me out to watch" there is no problem. Could this be related to Cinema Experience? If so I would then also post on their site.  Any help would be appreciated. If more info is required please advise.

XBMC Gotham 13.1
VC 2.000RC1

Tried on Confluence and Aeon MQ5

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2014, 09:01:43 AM »
Cinema experience seems to have a variety of problems running on Gotham.  It has nothing to do with VoxCommando.

I found that I could not use CE at all without making XBMC instantly lock up, unless I played a movie normally before trying to use CE.  I also found that it often would skip the trailer, which is pretty much the only reason I (personally) would use CE anyway.

Hopefully Giftie is still working on it and will fix the problems.  I suggest you report your problems on the CE thread of the XBMC forum and monitor that forum for updates.

By the way, if a program freezes, instead of rebooting your PC you can usually use Windows Task Manager to kill the process.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2014, 09:41:12 AM by nime5ter »

lja

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2014, 10:16:21 AM »
Thanks. Will do.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2014, 10:29:46 AM by jitterjames »

lja

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2014, 11:20:41 AM »
Cinema experience seems to have a variety of problems running on Gotham.  It has nothing to do with VoxCommando.

I found that I could not use CE at all without making XBMC instantly lock up, unless I played a movie normally before trying to use CE.  I also found that it often would skip the trailer, which is pretty much the only reason I (personally) would use CE anyway.

Hopefully Giftie is still working on it and will fix the problems.  I suggest you report your problems on the CE thread of the XBMC forum and monitor that forum for updates.

By the way, if a program freezes, instead of rebooting your PC you can usually use Windows Task Manager to kill the process.

Found this V 4.0.13. So far it's working.

https://github.com/Giftie/script.cinema.experience

For Gotham, click arrow on top.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2014, 11:22:50 AM by lja »

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2014, 12:25:43 PM »
Better, but still crashing for me.