Author Topic: Fibaro Home Center 2  (Read 28808 times)

Stealth

• View Profile
Re: Fibaro Home Center 2
« Reply #45 on: February 05, 2015, 10:37:33 AM »
I have uploaded another log file.  As I am not sure the z-wave device was powered on.  This log was with it powred on.

nime5ter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Getting Started with VoxCommando
« Reply #46 on: February 05, 2015, 10:54:38 AM »
It's good to have the log documenting both states, thanks.

So, the following should hopefully work for you, as long as Fibaro and VC are properly communicating with one another.

Code: [Select]
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-16"?>
<!--VoxCommando 2.1.3.8-->
<command id="316" name="Get status of {1}" enabled="true" alwaysOn="False" confirm="False" requiredConfidence="0" loop="False" loopDelay="0" loopMax="0" description="">
  <action>
    <cmdType>Scrape.Get</cmdType>
    <params>
      <param>http://192.168.0.155/api/devices?id={1}</param>
      <param />
      <param />
      <param />
      <param />
      <param>Authorization: Basic YWRtaW46YWRtaW4=</param>
    </params>
    <cmdRepeat>1</cmdRepeat>
  </action>
  <action>
    <cmdType>Results.RegEx</cmdType>
    <params>
      <param>"value":"(\d)"</param>
    </params>
    <cmdRepeat>1</cmdRepeat>
  </action>
  <if ifBlockDisabled="False" ifNot="False">
    <ifType>(A)==(B)</ifType>
    <ifParams>{Match.1}&amp;&amp;0</ifParams>
    <then>
      <action>
        <cmdType>TTS.Speak</cmdType>
        <params>
          <param>The light is off.</param>
        </params>
        <cmdRepeat>1</cmdRepeat>
      </action>
    </then>
    <else>
      <action>
        <params>
          <param>The light is on.</param>
        </params>
        <cmdRepeat>1</cmdRepeat>
      </action>
    </else>
  </if>
  <phrase>Get status of the</phrase>
  <payloadFromXML phraseOnly="False" use2partPhrase="False" phraseConnector="by" Phrase2wildcard="anyone" optional="False">payloads\fibaro_dimmables.xml</payloadFromXML>
</command>

Test it out and let me know if it's working.

If you want to teach yourself a bit about regular expressions, over time you may be able to get more status information about your devices by expanding on this method.

It may take a while to learn it, but in the long you may find it worth it.

... wrt the Our Groceries problem, we should address that in a separate thread. So, try entering your login info as we discussed, save and close your tree, test the commands and post the log, and we'll see what we can learn.

TIPS: POST VC VERSION #. Explain what you want VC to do. Say what you've tried & what happened, or post a video demo. Attach VC log. Link to instructions followed.  Post your command (xml)

Stealth

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 05, 2015, 12:01:19 PM »
That's fantastic.  The get status code is working great.

Many thanks.

Ok I will open a new thread for the Our Grocery issue shortly.

nime5ter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 08, 2015, 02:14:01 PM »
Ha. OK. So, for any commands, you'll need to use Scrape.Get, with the special header parameter exactly as I provided in the example:

Authorization: Basic YWRtaW46YWRtaW4=
The weird string is your username and password encoded in Base64. (I used this tool to convert admin:admin to B64 http://www.motobit.com/util/base64-decoder-encoder.asp)

UPDATE FOR EVERYONE:

I spoke to James, and he says that the username and password parameters in the regular Scrape action are doing the same thing behind the scenes as the special gobbledy gook header solution I posted above for Stealth.

That is, if you look at our documentation for the Scrape action in VoxCommando, it includes optional parameters for a username and password. (The Scrape.Get action also includes these parameters, along with a few others.)

Rather than using a URL of the form:
http://username:password@yourFibaroIP/api/callAction?etc.
You can instead put your username and password in the specified fields:

<command id="425" name="Alternate test: Dim device 25 to 50 percent" enabled="true" alwaysOn="False" confirm="False" requiredConfidence="0" loop="False" loopDelay="0" loopMax="0" description="">
  <action>
    <cmdType>Scrape</cmdType>
    <params>
      <param>http://yourFibaroIPaddress/api/callAction?deviceID=25&amp;name=setValue&amp;arg1=50</param>
      <param>yourusername</param>
      <param>yourpassword</param>
    </params>
    <cmdRepeat>1</cmdRepeat>
  </action>
  <phrase>Dim device 25 to 50 percent</phrase>
</command>

So, the above is equivalent to using a Scrape.Get action with a special header Authorization: Basic gobbledygookbase64encodedusernamepassword ... but much more user friendly obviously!

Thanks also to user Stealth for verifying that this is the case.
TIPS: POST VC VERSION #. Explain what you want VC to do. Say what you've tried & what happened, or post a video demo. Attach VC log. Link to instructions followed.  Post your command (xml)

Stealth

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 19, 2015, 01:12:52 PM »
Thanks for all the help provided by nime5ter previously on this topic....

I have now completed the migration of my Z-Wave controller from Vera to Fibaro HC2. 

I have now come back to finish the Voxcommando xmls with device names, ID's and phrases.

Unfortunately I am having problems. For example If I say switch porch light on or off it works ok.  If I say switch Garage Light on Voxcommando recognizes it but the light does not switch on.  If I ask if the 'is the garage light is on' Voxcommando responds with the device is on?

I'm also not having any luck with phrases  like 'set porch light to 52%'. Voxcommando recognizes it but the command is not sent?

Attached is my xml and log file.  If anyone could cast their eyes over it and give me any pointers that would be appreciated.

Thanks

Steve

nime5ter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 19, 2015, 04:33:28 PM »
Unfortunately I am having problems. For example If I say switch porch light on or off it works ok.  If I say switch Garage Light on Voxcommando recognizes it but the light does not switch on.  If I ask if the 'is the garage light is on' Voxcommando responds with the device is on?

Your garage light seems to be some other kind of switch that requires a different syntax. The command you currently use sets a value of "0" for off and "1" for on. The garage light doesn't respond to that.

I have found another option online that may work for both. I can't promise anything, but in the revised commands below I have replaced your old "Switch x light on/off" with a new one. Give it a whirl.

For the same reason, you can't get the status of the garage light with the command I made for you previously. The garage light responds with very different information, and I honestly can't tell in what I'm reading what part of that is the status (if anything). It would be better for you to post your query on a Fibaro forum. (I'll write a follow-up post telling you what information you should give them.)

I'm also not having any luck with phrases  like 'set porch light to 52%'. Voxcommando recognizes it but the command is not sent?

You have been using the "hard-coded" command macro that I asked you to test earlier. That command specifically set one particular light with an ID value of 25 to 50 percent brightness. It was just a test command, in which I eliminated potentially problematic variables by making sure we were using a known device ID.

The Scrape action in that test command used as its URL:

http://192.168.0.155/api/callAction?deviceID=25&name=setValue&arg1=50
As you can see, there are no payload variables there. It clearly shows a device ID of "25", and the "arg1=50" is what specifies the brightness value.

I'm not sure whether you've had a chance to watch the videos I mentioned or look at the wiki entry about payloads?

In order for your command to make use of the 2 types of payloads that you have in your voice command (i.e. the payload XML file that contains all your device ID values, and the payload range of 1,100 %), you need to tell the command macro where those values go:

http://192.168.0.155/api/callAction?deviceID={1}&name=setValue&arg1={2}
That is what allows the command to use *any* device ID, and *any* brightness level between 1 and 100 (in this case).

It's important to distinguish between VC understanding what you are saying (the command trigger), and VC knowing what it is supposed to do when you say what you say.

--------
Anyhow, here is your command group cleaned up, including the one revised command that *may*(?) solve the problem with your garage light not turning on and off.

<commandGroup open="True" name="Fibaro Basic" enabled="True" prefix="" priority="0" requiredProcess="" description="">
  <command id="310" name="new - Switch{1} {2}" enabled="true" alwaysOn="False" confirm="False" requiredConfidence="0" loop="False" loopDelay="0" loopMax="0" description="{1} refers to payload 1, which you can see in the command tree is the payload list of your switchable devices.&#xD;&#xA;(2) refers to payload 2, which you can see in the command tree refers to the on_off payload xml file">
    <action>
      <params>
        <param>http://192.168.0.155/api/callAction?deviceID={1}&amp;name=turn{2}</param>
        <param>admin</param>
        <param>admin</param>
      </params>
      <cmdRepeat>1</cmdRepeat>
    </action>
    <action>
      <cmdType>OSD.ShowText</cmdType>
      <params>
        <param>Turning {PF.1} {2} </param>
      </params>
      <cmdRepeat>1</cmdRepeat>
    </action>
    <action>
      <cmdType>VC.Pause</cmdType>
      <params>
        <param>1000</param>
      </params>
      <cmdRepeat>1</cmdRepeat>
    </action>
    <action>
      <params>
        <param>Turning {PF.1} {2}</param>
      </params>
      <cmdRepeat>1</cmdRepeat>
    </action>
    <phrase>Turn, Switch</phrase>
    <payloadFromXML phraseOnly="False" use2partPhrase="False" phraseConnector="by" Phrase2wildcard="anyone" optional="False">Fibaro\switchable.xml</payloadFromXML>
    <payloadList>On,Off</payloadList>
  </command>
  <command id="316" name="Get status of {1}" enabled="true" alwaysOn="False" confirm="False" requiredConfidence="0" loop="False" loopDelay="0" loopMax="0" description="">
    <action>
      <params>
        <param>admin</param>
        <param>admin</param>
      </params>
      <cmdRepeat>1</cmdRepeat>
    </action>
    <action>
      <params>
        <param>"value":"(\d)"</param>
      </params>
      <cmdRepeat>1</cmdRepeat>
    </action>
      <ifType>(A)==(B)</ifType>
      <ifParams>{Match.1}&amp;&amp;0</ifParams>
      <then>
        <action>
          <params>
            <param>The device is off.</param>
          </params>
          <cmdRepeat>1</cmdRepeat>
        </action>
      </then>
      <else>
        <action>
          <params>
            <param>The device is on.</param>
          </params>
          <cmdRepeat>1</cmdRepeat>
        </action>
      </else>
    </if>
    <phrase>Are the, Is the, Get status of the</phrase>
    <payloadFromXML phraseOnly="False" use2partPhrase="False" phraseConnector="by" Phrase2wildcard="anyone" optional="False">Fibaro\switchable.xml</payloadFromXML>
    <phrase optional="true">on, off</phrase>
  </command>
  <command id="425" name="Set {1} to {2}" enabled="true" alwaysOn="False" confirm="False" requiredConfidence="0" loop="False" loopDelay="0" loopMax="0" description="">
    <action>
      <params>
        <param>http://192.168.0.155/api/callAction?deviceID={1}&amp;name=setValue&amp;arg1={2}</param>
        <param>admin</param>
        <param>admin</param>
      </params>
      <cmdRepeat>1</cmdRepeat>
    </action>
    <action>
      <params>
        <param>Setting {PF.1} to {2} %.</param>
      </params>
      <cmdRepeat>1</cmdRepeat>
    </action>
    <phrase>Dim, Brighten, Set</phrase>
    <payloadFromXML phraseOnly="False" use2partPhrase="False" phraseConnector="by" Phrase2wildcard="anyone" optional="False">Fibaro\Dimmable.xml</payloadFromXML>
    <phrase>to</phrase>
    <payloadRange>1,100</payloadRange>
    <phrase>Percent</phrase>
  </command>
</commandGroup>
« Last Edit: February 19, 2015, 06:06:12 PM by nime5ter »

nime5ter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 19, 2015, 04:46:35 PM »
Here is what I would say if I were seeking help on an appropriate Fibaro forum:

I have been querying the status of my garage light using a get request:http://user:pwd@myFibaroIPaddress/api/devices?id=22 (where ID 22 is my garage light).

I was hoping to use this query to find out if the light is on or off. I get the following information back:

{"id":22,"name":"Garage Light","roomID":10,"type":"com.fibaro.binarySwitch","baseType":"com.fibaro.actor","enabled":true,"visible":true,"isPlugin":false,"parentId":21,"remoteGatewayId":0,"interfaces":["zwave","zwaveProtection"],"properties":{"parameters":[],"associationSet":[{"devices":[1],"groupID":1}],"associationView":[{"devices":[1],"groupID":1}],"zwaveCompany":"","zwaveInfo":"6,3,42","zwaveVersion":"1.0","pollingTimeSec":0,"RFProtectionState":"0","RFProtectionSupport":"0","configured":"true","dead":"false","deviceControlType":"20","deviceIcon":"2","emailNotificationID":"0","emailNotificationType":"0","endPointId":"0","liliOffCommand":"","liliOnCommand":"","localProtectionState":"0","localProtectionSupport":"0","log":"","logTemp":"","manufacturer":"","markAsDead":"true","model":"","nodeId":"12","parametersTemplate":"0","productInfo":"1,84,17,0,0,1,1,0","protectionExclusiveControl":"0","protectionExclusiveControlSupport":"false","protectionState":"0","protectionTimeout":"0","protectionTimeoutSupport":"false","pushNotificationID":"0","pushNotificationType":"0","remoteGatewayId":"0","saveLogs":"true","smsNotificationID":"0","smsNotificationType":"0","useTemplate":"false","userDescription":"","value":"false"},"actions":{"reconfigure":0,"turnOff":0,"turnOn":0},"created":1424279322,"modified":1424279322,"sortOrder":23}

Does anyone know where the device state information is in the above? Nothing is jumping out at me. Or is there a better query I can use to figure out if the light is on or off?

Stealth

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 20, 2015, 07:36:15 AM »

You have been using the "hard-coded" command macro that I asked you to test. It was just a test command for a known device ID.

In order for your command to make use of the 2 types of payloads that you have in your voice command (i.e. the payload XML file that contains all your device ID values, and the payload range of 1,100 %), you need to tell the command macro where those values go:

http://192.168.0.155/api/callAction?deviceID={1}&name=setValue&arg1={2}
That is what allows the command to use *any* device ID, and *any* brightness level between 1 and 100 (in this case).

I have watched the tutorial video's but I think I need to look at them again. However think I understand now...

Anyhow, here is your command group cleaned up, including the one revised command that *may*(?) solve the problem with your garage light not turning on and off.

Thank you for the code.  Early testing is showing good results with switching all types of lights on and off ok. (i.e. dimming devices and relay devices on/off)

Just to confirm, as you already mentioned the garage (on/off type device) is still not working with the correct status when asked if its on or off.

I have posted the question as you have asked on the Fibaro forum and have fingers crossed for an answer.

http://forum.fibaro.com/index.php?/topic/17830-device-status-via-api/

Again many thanks for your help.

Edit 20/02/2015
We have just received a reply on the Fibaro forum -

"That would be the part that says "value":"false" at the end. True is on and false is off"
« Last Edit: February 20, 2015, 08:01:14 AM by nime5ter »

nime5ter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 20, 2015, 08:42:55 AM »
Perfect. That's what we needed. So, if you delete your current "Get status of {1} " command and replace it with the following, it should work with both types of switches.

<action>
    <params>
      <param>admin</param>
      <param>admin</param>
    </params>
    <cmdRepeat>1</cmdRepeat>
  </action>
  <action>
    <params>
      <param>"value":"(\w.*?)"</param>
    </params>
    <cmdRepeat>1</cmdRepeat>
  </action>
    <ifType>(A)Contains(B)</ifType>
    <ifParams>0,false&amp;&amp;{Match.1}</ifParams>
    <then>
      <action>
        <params>
          <param>The device is off.</param>
        </params>
        <cmdRepeat>1</cmdRepeat>
      </action>
    </then>
    <else>
      <action>
        <params>
          <param>The device is on.</param>
        </params>
        <cmdRepeat>1</cmdRepeat>
      </action>
    </else>
  </if>
  <phrase>Are the, Is the, Get status of the</phrase>
  <phrase optional="true">on, off</phrase>
</command>

I'll try to explain this command. The first thing we do is send an HTTP "get request" (the Scrape action) to the Fibaro asking it for information about a device.

If you look in your log file (or even roll over the Scrape action in the history window), you will see the information that the Fibaro responds with. That is the info you posted on the Fibaro forum. Fibaro's response is now our {LastResult}.

In the next line we use a regular expression to capture just the information we care about from our Result -- the light's on/off state -- within that giant pile of information.

Results.RegEx - "value":"(\d)"
scans the data for the string pattern "value":"digit" . By putting round brackets around \d I was telling it to capture that digit as a match. (So we can use it later.)

Then we use a simple If/Else logic block to say, if the match == 0 the device is off, otherwise the device is on.

Your other switches report a value of "1" if they are on and "0" if off. So my regular expression, which was based on previous logs you'd sent me, worked. But the garage light reports a value of "false" if off and "true" if on. Obviously looking for a digit will not work, so the logic block always evaluated to "The device is on".

In the new version of the command:

1. We need a more versatile regular expression that can capture a value of either 0 or false, or 1 or true.

Results.RegEx - "value":"(\w*?)"
Regular expressions use their own kind of representative language. \w means any word character including numbers. *? just tells it to keep grabbing subsequent word characters until, in this case, it hits a " . Again, putting this pattern in parentheses captures the pattern as a match.

2. So now our regular expression should capture anything that appears in quotations after the string "value": .

This means, however, that we need to change how we evaluate the match in our If/Else.

Instead of If {Match.1} == 0, device is off, we instead say, If this string A " 0,false " CONTAINS string B {Match.1}, then the device is off.

In other words, if {Match.1} is 0, the condition will be true, and if {Match.1} is false, the condition will also be true.

... Ideally we should also catch when the regular expression can't find any correct value at all, and have the command tell you that. I haven't done that here because I didn't want to complicate things. Hopefully this command will work for you most of the time.

« Last Edit: February 20, 2015, 05:43:08 PM by nime5ter »

nime5ter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 20, 2015, 09:24:40 AM »
P.S. Sorry to subject you to the snarky comments over on the Fibaro forum. :)

They're quite right, the correct problem-solving technique would have been to compare the feedback when the light was on and off (as we did with the other switch). I was trying to save myself some time, and also wanted to know if there was a different way to query the switch.

Stealth

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 20, 2015, 02:06:49 PM »
Thanks nime5ter,

Thats brilliant, the latest code reads the garage light just fine. I also appreciate your detailed explanations...

Don't worry about the comments on the Fibaro forum it's not a problem.  I appreciate they may get frustrated from time to time with what may seem like dumb questions.

I expect I'm pushing my luck now but I'm sure you won't blame me for asking.... It would be nice if the last two Vera xmls could also be ported for the Fibaro. That way Voxcommando then has support for both devices.  I have attached the XML's for your perusal/comments.

Kindest regards

Steve

nime5ter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 20, 2015, 02:32:44 PM »
I expect I'm pushing my luck now but I'm sure you won't blame me for asking.... It would be nice if the last two Vera xmls could also be ported for the Fibaro. That way Voxcommando then has support for both devices.  I have attached the XML's for your perusal/comments.

I don't really know what you mean by "ported for the Fibaro", or why you need VC to "support both devices", which implies you're still using the Vera as well as the Fibaro (??). If so, you can simply use your Vera commands to do those things.

In any case, for the Fibaro, if it's possible to do those things, they all involve changing the Vera.whatever actions in each command with the appropriate Scrape action. You should be able to use the commands I've already made for you as a starting point.

Experiment with the URL examples posted here: http://forum.fibaro.com/index.php?showtopic=12399 (which we linked to at the beginning of this thread).

That is all I would be doing anyhow. They are using slight shorthand, but it should be fairly obvious at this point.

e.g. when they give the example http:///api/callAction?deviceID=4&name=turnOff , they actually mean http://yourIPaddress/api/etc.

I do not have a Fibaro and it is not clear to me how you would be controlling Vera scenes with your Fibaro controller. I would have thought that you would need to create new Fibaro scenes.

To get your temperature, you probably do the same thing we did already with getting your light status. But you'd have to isolate the temperature info using a regular expression instead of looking for on/off state.

Stealth

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 20, 2015, 02:51:20 PM »
I don't really know what you mean by "ported for the Fibaro", or why you need VC to "support both devices", which implies you're still using the Vera as well as the Fibaro (??). If so, you can simply use your Vera commands to do those things.

I was using a Vera controller with Voxcommando but decided to move to the Fibaro (mainly for the better user interface for the rest of the family). However I wanted Voxcommando to work with the Fibaro controller as the Vera did.  My Vera has been removed from my setup now that the Fibaro is working.

Now if I can mimic the last two Vera xml's for use with the Fibaro controller, (Scenes and Temperatures) then Voxcommando will work with both controllers and Voxcommando users have a choice on Z-Wave controllers to use.

Thanks to all your coding efforts it's pretty much complete.  I will take a look at those videos again and try to workout the final xml's.

Kindest regards

Steve

nime5ter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 20, 2015, 03:26:33 PM »
Now if I can mimic the last two Vera xml's for use with the Fibaro controller, (Scenes and Temperatures) then Voxcommando will work with both controllers and Voxcommando users have a choice on Z-Wave controllers to use.

In fact, the great thing about VC is that users already do have a choice of Z-Wave controllers to use -- Vera, Fibaro, a system running Domoticz (http://voxcommando.com/forum/index.php?topic=1433), among others.

There's a reason we refer to VoxCommando as "a tinkerer's delight". It's basically the computer equivalent of a Meccano set with massive potential for play and expansion. For a token amount, non-programmers can avail themselves to a programmer's set of tools. Then, all that is needed is time and the inclination to learn new things. On the forum, we try to support that process.

Stealth

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 20, 2015, 04:14:03 PM »
I agree it's a superb program....

Steve