Author Topic: how create special payloads  (Read 9148 times)

mclough6

• $upporter
    • View Profile
Re: how create special payloads
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2011, 02:20:30 PM »
The rating solution seems to make the most sense for me.  I only have a few songs that are duplicated across multiple albums so the fix would be easy.  If you would be willing to modify the command structure to allow a rating filter but still allow songs to be selected regardless of rating, that would be very helpful.
Regards,

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2011, 02:44:58 PM »
It could not be much easier.  Just modify your play song command so that the command MM.LoadBySQL has the following parameter:

SongTitle Like '{1}'  order by Rating Desc

that's it!

the other way (if you don't rate songs) would be

SongTitle Like '{1}'  order by PlayCounter Desc

mclough6

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2011, 11:00:08 PM »
Apparently not simple enough for me.  I double clicked on the play command which put me into the command editor.  I found the command you referenced and changed it to read "SongTitle Like '{1}'  order by Rating Desc"  I then saved and exited and restarted Vox.  What I got was a WARNING errors during build and now I have no media monkey commands at all in the command tree. 

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2011, 04:28:53 AM »
Apparently not simple enough for me.  I double clicked on the play command which put me into the command editor.  I found the command you referenced and changed it to read "SongTitle Like '{1}'  order by Rating Desc"  I then saved and exited and restarted Vox.  What I got was a WARNING errors during build and now I have no media monkey commands at all in the command tree. 

take the command in a own group and test one more. Make sure that you have not ever used the phrase in a other command.

Kalle
***********  get excited and make things  **********

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2011, 09:05:35 AM »

sorry this post is not making much sense to me.  First of all you click "Edit" to go into the command editor.  I don't know what you mean by double click play.

saying "I found the command you referenced" leaves too much room for error.  Maybe I referenced the wrong command, maybe you misunderstood and actually editing something else.  What command did you edit?  It sounds like you edited the "play" command, but that doesn't make sense to me.

saying that you "got errors" doesn't help much.  what error, where? what was the error?

When you say "no media monkey commands at all in the command tree", is that what you actually mean?  If you click "edit" to go to the command tree, are all your groups there, except all the mediamonkey groups?  This seems very close to impossible to me.

Is VC accepting and performing other voice commands?

what version of VC are you using?

do you have a backup you can restore?

http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/bugs.html

probably the only way I can maybe figure out what is going on is if you send me a zip of your whole VC folder.

mclough6

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2011, 12:08:32 PM »
Obviously I am not well versed in altering the program.  I am including a zip because it would be impossible (for me anyway) to remember every step I took and every command I inserted.  I have started several attempts of explaination but I figure the best thing is to give the file.  There is actually no problem because i have not altered this version at all previously and I can simply download it again.  Although you might be interested in how some dumba** can screw up your program.  :bonk
« Last Edit: November 22, 2014, 02:20:11 PM by jitterjames »

mclough6

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 30, 2011, 02:21:19 PM »
I followed the link you gave me.  I don't think your program has a bug, I just used the incorrect keying sequence. 

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #22 on: April 30, 2011, 02:38:31 PM »
The voicecommands.xml file seems to have been truncated.  The second 1/2 of the file is missing.

I have never seen that and I can't imagine what would have caused it.

I'm not sure why it is so hard for you to describe what you did.  It is only a few steps.

mclough6

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 30, 2011, 03:05:18 PM »
Ok I tried to modify the play command again with the same result.  I will try and recreate my actions as best I can.

Opened Vox Commando
Don't know if it made a difference, but Media Monkey was open as well.
Clilcked on Edit
opened "MM Music by Name"
Highlighted "Play Song"
clicked Modify at top of screen, nothing happened
clicked modify at top of screen, after highlighting the payload under play song, nothing happened.
I then double clicked the command play song and the command builder came up
I highlighted MMloadbySQL, clicked on the command "Song title like...."
and changed order by random() limit 200
to order by rating desc.
clicked ok and save and execute
and then I got the error message "WARNING errors during build"
When I clicked on the edit button, nothing was on the right hand side of the screen.

I hope that is detailed enough.

mclough6

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 30, 2011, 03:16:53 PM »
sorry, I meant to say nothing was on the left hand side of the screen

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #25 on: April 30, 2011, 04:43:27 PM »
weird-o-rama.  Thank-you for the detailed report.  You should be able to restore by deleting the file "voicecommands.xml" and then renaming the one called "voicecommands.bak" to "voicecommands.xml"

what happens if you just open the editor and then click "Save all and close"

it seems to be having trouble saving for some reason, but I don't know why and I'm wondering if it's related to the command you are editing or if it just happens no matter what when you save.

also what version of VoxCommando are you using?  0.887b?

are you running windows in "English US" display language?

by the way the word "modify" is just a label, not a button.  I guess it needs a colon after it... :-[

mclough6

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 30, 2011, 05:04:18 PM »
I am using the English version and 887b.  Were you able to recreate the problem?

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #27 on: April 30, 2011, 05:29:20 PM »
no, I have no idea what is going on.

also your steps

-clicked ok and save and execute
-and then I got the error message "WARNING errors during build"

are not possible.

if you click OK then the command builder should disappear immediately and then you cannot click "save and execute".

I would imagine that you meant

- clicked OK (window closes)
- clicked "Save all and close"

then you would still not get the error message until you either closed the program and then ran it again, or clicked one of the restart options on the file menu.

so I'm still trying to imagine what you did, even if I know exactly what you did, I'm not sure if I can recreate it.

I can send you the updated voicecommands.xml file, but next time you want to edit something you'll still have the problem.

mclough6

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 30, 2011, 07:28:28 PM »
You are correct the error message did not happen until I restarted.

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 01, 2011, 02:13:32 AM »
You are correct the error message did not happen until I restarted.

Hi mclough6,

take a look in this manual ((from Page14)  http://voxcommando.com/forum/index.php?topic=353.msg1843#msg1843 ), it is in german, but useful pictures to figured out something.

Greetings Kalle
***********  get excited and make things  **********