Author Topic: Mele F10 PRO compatible with VoxCommando?  (Read 14955 times)

nime5ter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Getting Started with VoxCommando
Re: Mele F10 PRO compatible with VoxCommando?
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2014, 09:55:21 AM »
Absolutely. Just say no to redundant gadgetry. (Maybe I'm in a minority on that one.)

If you're not already using Eventghost, then you might want to give VC's Hook plugin a whirl: http://voxcommando.com/mediawiki/index.php?title=Plugin_Hook. Use custom key presses to trigger VC.On and VC.Off events.

Actually, with a whole keyboard at your fingertips, I imagine you could do quite a lot with the Hook plugin.

TIPS: POST VC VERSION #. Explain what you want VC to do. Say what you've tried & what happened, or post a video demo. Attach VC log. Link to instructions followed.  Post your command (xml)

MrWolf

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2014, 05:50:22 AM »
Just found one of these at my mates house. I immediately hit up Amazon. 16 quid! Total bargain regardless of the mic functionality.

It will be made use of whatever the case, but if the mic works well I can see it could be awesome for Skype as well as Vox.

Eventghost for ducking will work well. My mate is already using Eventghost with it to do a couple simple things in XBMC.

Looking forward to it arriving!

-P

Home automation guides for idiots like me by an idiot (me)...
https://www.youtube.com/user/wolfsweb

MrWolf

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2014, 07:11:58 PM »
Plugged this in today.

I am stunned. 97% accuracy every time and 0 delay.

Everybody should get one of these. If it wasn't for the fact I like speaking to Alexander without picking anything up I would honestly use this as my primary mic.

This will definitely come in handy when me and Neesha get our own place. I still can't get over the price for such a capable device.

Hope you are all well. I shall do a youtube video to demonstrate it soon.

Xxx

LilFonky

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2014, 11:35:02 PM »
Mr. Wolf- how do you activate the mic on the F10 Pro? Is it a push-and-hold-to-talk situation, or do you press a button to un-mute the mic and leave it open until you're done talking? Can the mic be left open for prolonged periods of time?  I'm interested in this device for myself potentially, so I'd be excited to hear more about how it works...

MrWolf

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2014, 06:31:03 AM »
Hello mate, I need more testing with it.  I keep meaning to getting around to plugging it back in.

It seemed as though the mic was always on once you'd pressed the button, but I think Windows was putting it to sleep after a while and then I was struggling to get it to respond again.  I need to have a play with it. Might take a look later if I get everything done today that I'm hoping.

-P

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2014, 07:04:25 AM »
Hi Paul, if you have problems to wake up the mic, you can test the reinitialize mic timer setting in the VC Options ->Advanced tab. If the "Mele F10 PRO" has no tilt function like the amulet remote and the mic is always on, you can use the "Sound.MicMute" and "Sound.MicUnmute" action associated with a keyboard button to mute and unmute the mic.

Sorry I forgot to say that you can use the hook plugin to associate a keyboard button by creating a event.   ;)
So when you press a specific button which is set in the hook plugin it will create a event which trigger the mute/unmute mic function.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2014, 01:01:58 PM by Kalle »
***********  get excited and make things  **********

MrWolf

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2014, 07:46:10 PM »
Nice one Kalle :)

Didn't get round to playing with it tonight.  I shall hopefully get round to it soon, either way it is worth its price just for the remote.

-P

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 29, 2014, 07:33:48 AM »
I've testet the unmute/mute function with the VoxCommando hook-plugin and it works perfect.
How it works in my example:
When I press the "zirkumflex" button on the keyboard, VC generate the event "Hook.Oem5" and unmute the mic input to speak my command. When I release the button it generate the event "Hook.Oem5.Up" which mute the mic input.

Here the description:

1. enable the hook plugin in VC (VC Option menu -> plugins tab -> set checkmark at the hook plugin and restart VC to save the settings)
2. open the hook plugin and set a checkmark at "Key Hook Enabled", "Generate Named Events", "Specific Keys" and "Log Keys"
3. press for my example the "zirkumflex" button (see attached picture) on your keyboard (if everthing setting up correct, it will show you "Oem5" in the plugin  log-window at the left)
4. select in the log-window the Oem5 entry and then click on "Add Selected". After that, you will see the "Oem5" on the right window in the plugin.
5. as next unmark the "Log Keys" in the plugin and click on "Save all" to store your settings and close the plugin.

6. insert the following commandgroup code in your VC commandtree

Code: [Select]
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-16"?>
<!--VoxCommando 2.1.0.3-->
<commandGroup open="True" name="automute mic with hook plugin" enabled="True" prefix="" priority="0" requiredProcess="" description="">
  <command id="897" name="automute mic" enabled="true" alwaysOn="False" confirm="False" requiredConfidence="0" loop="False" loopDelay="0" loopMax="0" description="">
    <if ifBlockDisabled="False" ifNot="False">
      <ifType>(A)==(B)</ifType>
      <ifParams>{LastEvent}&amp;&amp;Hook.Oem5</ifParams>
      <then>
        <action>
          <cmdType>Sound.MicUnmute</cmdType>
          <params />
          <cmdRepeat>1</cmdRepeat>
        </action>
      </then>
      <else />
    </if>
    <if ifBlockDisabled="False" ifNot="False">
      <ifType>(A)==(B)</ifType>
      <ifParams>{LastEvent}&amp;&amp;Hook.Oem5.Up</ifParams>
      <then>
        <action>
          <cmdType>Sound.MicMute</cmdType>
          <params />
          <cmdRepeat>1</cmdRepeat>
        </action>
      </then>
      <else />
    </if>
    <event>Hook.Oem5*</event>
  </command>
</commandGroup>

I hope this is helpful  ::)
***********  get excited and make things  **********

nime5ter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Getting Started with VoxCommando
« Reply #23 on: December 26, 2014, 09:40:19 AM »
I just noticed that Paul (aka Mr. Wolf) posted a video demo for the Mele on YouTube back in October. Looks promising.

TIPS: POST VC VERSION #. Explain what you want VC to do. Say what you've tried & what happened, or post a video demo. Attach VC log. Link to instructions followed.  Post your command (xml)