Author Topic: Skype plug in Audio commands  (Read 2855 times)

Haddood

• $upporter
    • View Profile
Skype plug in Audio commands
« on: August 25, 2014, 05:46:56 AM »
I read that Skype API support setting the audio devices ( from http://kirils.org/skype/stuff/pdf/2013/SkypeSDK.pdf  - page 81)

Are these implemented and undocumented ?  ;D ;D ;D ;D

AUDIO_IN
The GET command returns the current audio input device for Skype.
The SET command assigns a new audio input device for Skype.
Syntax
GET AUDIO_IN
SET AUDIO_IN <device_name>
Response
AUDIO_IN <device_name>
Version
Protocol 1
Note
Setting a device with an empty name selects the Windows default device.
Example
-> GET AUDIO_IN
<- AUDIO_IN SB Audigy 2 ZS Audio [DC00]
AUDIO_OUT
The GET command returns the current audio output device for Skype.
The SET command assigns a new audio output device for Skype.
Syntax
GET AUDIO_OUT
SET AUDIO_OUT <device_name>
Response
AUDIO_OUT <device_name>
Version
Protocol 1
Note
Setting a device with an empty name selects the Windows default device.
Example
-> GET AUDIO_OUT
<- AUDIO_OUT SB Audigy 2 ZS Audio [DC00]
« Last Edit: August 25, 2014, 01:47:33 PM by Haddood »
When Voice command gets tough, use hand gestures

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
Re: Skype plug in Audio commands
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2014, 01:05:21 PM »

Are these implemented and undocumented ?  ;D ;D ;D ;D

OK. ::club  There was just that one action that was undocumented, and that was from version 0.5 or something! 

This is probably possible.  Would you like to make a feature request?

Haddood

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2014, 05:11:36 PM »
 :yay :yay :yay ::bow ::bow ::bow

I wanted to make the request ... but I felt lately I have been making many of them  :bonk :bonk

anyway the feature is requested ...

James you are doing a wonderful job here ... You Have won a pitcher of beer when you visit montreal
« Last Edit: August 26, 2014, 05:40:58 PM by Haddood »
When Voice command gets tough, use hand gestures

Hiryu

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2014, 07:14:14 PM »
Had a question -- I set up Skype and VC as per the instructions (with Virtual Audio Cable), and am able to call in from outside to access VC!  That is amazing.  The one thing I was wondering if anyone can help me out with:

I want to set it up so that VC detects that VC is in a call with Skype and that when the VC recognition is low, that it will respond with a "I didn't quite get that" -- but only when in a Skype call.  The reason is, at home, I see VC on the screen and know what's going on, but on a Skype call, I need more of an auditory cue.  I don't want to set it up across the board for home use as well normally, because I would rather it didn't respond every time there's a low recognition event when I'm at my computer. (I'm using the CAD U7 in an open mic setup which is pretty good, but still registers relatively often with low recognition events).  There are probably things I can do better like the setup of the microphone and using prefixes and such, but was wondering if the scenario above is possible.  Thanks!

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2014, 08:53:44 PM »
When confidence is too low, an event is generated: VC.Reco.TooLow (in recent versions of VC).

The event also has two payloads attached.  The first is the speech that was recognized, and the second is the confidence.  The first payload could be used in your TTS if you want to say something like "I heard XYZ, but I'm not sure".

You could use this event to trigger a command that performs the TTS.  I assume you have figured out how to send TTS output to skype using VAC.  I haven't actually tried that myself.

If you want to enable/disable the command that is triggered by this event, just put it into a group by itself.  When you connect using Skype, enable the group, and when you disconnect from Skype disable the group so the event will no longer trigger the command which generates the TTS.

If you need more specific help doing this let us know which part you need help with.  I prefer not to always just do the work and provide the xml, not only because it takes time, but because people don't really learn how to do things if we just provide the final solution.

Hiryu

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2014, 09:53:56 PM »
That sounds like exactly what I want to do.  Thanks for providing the direction -- I could use a little help figuring out how to disable/enable a group only when Skype is on. 

Skype as a process is always on, so how would I distinguish between when it is connected to a call, and when it is not.  Thanks -- yeah, would be great to give me some hints, so that I can figure it out myself.  I'm all for learning as I go.

Thanks, jitterjames.

nime5ter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Getting Started with VoxCommando
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2014, 10:15:06 PM »
Have you watched the video for the Skype plugin yet? http://voxcommando.com/mediawiki/index.php?title=Control_Skype

It describes various events that are generated, such as when a contact sends a text message or when your VC computer receives a Skype call. I assume you're calling in to the VC computer? That call should generate a specific event that you can then use to enable/disable a command group.

http://voxcommando.com/mediawiki/index.php?title=Actions#Group

And hopefully another event is generated when you end the call, but I'm not sure about that. (Edit: just watched the end of the tutorial video and there's definitely another event generated when a call is finished.)
« Last Edit: October 08, 2014, 10:19:20 PM by nime5ter »
TIPS: POST VC VERSION #. Explain what you want VC to do. Say what you've tried & what happened, or post a video demo. Attach VC log. Link to instructions followed.  Post your command (xml)