Author Topic: Home Easy Remote Door Lock Unlocking Voice Controlled Smart Door Lock Demo Video  (Read 2298 times)

Simeon Tuitt

• Contributor
    • View Profile
    • Simeon Tuitt Home Automation

Here is  demo of some integration I have been working on to control an electronic door lock with vox, it forms part of my custom built security system. I wanted the ability to lock all the doors in the house when I leave so if someone did break in they wouldn't just be able to roam from room to room.

It also serves as a good way to control which rooms handy men get access too when they come out to fix things like the washing machine, usually I would have to stay in and although I have CCTV if I wanted to nip out the house they would still have access to doors downstairs.

They might even finish repairing the machine while I am out and leave, so being able to lock the kitchen door with an electric lock means controlling the access to that and the extension.

Now I am not using an off the shelf electric door lock like many WiFi and Bluetooth connected ones you may have seen, they have become hack targets and the security for them is usually pretty weak, plus I am not using my electric locks on the main front house door, only doors inside.

If you live in the UK or EU you can copy what I have done by getting a Home Easy door lock which is remote controlled by RF frequency, you will need a tellstick and eventghost.

The video above is the voice control demo, I have got the doorlock unlocking using Bluetooth and NFC, I have NFC tags on the door and frame and if I touch my phone to it the door unlocks.

If I enter Bluetooth range the door unlocks, the great thing about this door lock is you can pick one up with the remote control unit for £20 on eBay, an off the shelf electric door lock like the August costs £220!

So using vox and some Home Easy Door Locks you could voice control every door in your house for half the price of an off the shelf smart door lock.

I hope this has given you guys some integration ideas for smart door locks you voice control with vox.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2015, 01:05:24 AM by Simeon Tuitt »
Simeon Tuitt Is An Information Product Creator From The UK Who Took His Skills From Online Business Automation And Applied It To Automating A Smart Home.

nime5ter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Getting Started with VoxCommando
If you live in the UK or EU you can copy what I have done by getting a Home Easy door lock which is remote controlled by RF frequency, you will need a tellstick and eventghost.

For those of you who wish to use Tellstick for your home automation solutions, if you're not already using Eventghost it's important to know that generally Eventghost is not needed (depending on the aim).

VoxCommando can directly communicate with the Tellstick via command line actions. See, for example, this thread: http://voxcommando.com/forum/index.php?topic=1450.15

The tdtool.exe command line utility is installed as part of the standard Telldus Command Center installation. Interacting directly with command line utilities is a basic function of VC, using the standard Launch.Hidden and Launch.Capture actions.
TIPS: POST VC VERSION #. Explain what you want VC to do. Say what you've tried & what happened, or post a video demo. Attach VC log. Link to instructions followed.  Post your command (xml)

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
Of course if you are already using EventGhost anyway, there is no harm in doing it that way. Whatever works for you in the easiest, most reliable way.

Simeon Tuitt

• Contributor
    • View Profile
    • Simeon Tuitt Home Automation
I use both methods for controlling Tellstick, I started out with eventghost so I started using that but then learned about the code here for controlling the Tellstick, both are good, just the eventghost option allows me more command options, the other option requires me to use the name I added in the Telldus Center software for things.

I have both in play for when eventghost fails to load on a reboot or goes a bit funny.  8)
Simeon Tuitt Is An Information Product Creator From The UK Who Took His Skills From Online Business Automation And Applied It To Automating A Smart Home.