Author Topic: Weather Underground - WUnder Plugin  (Read 16755 times)

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
Re: Weather Underground - WUnder Plugin
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2014, 01:57:23 PM »
You can copy and paste this command from here direct in a group at you VC command tree.

Thats all ;)
***********  get excited and make things  **********

Indy

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2014, 03:10:16 PM »
Sorry, I must be missing something here.  This is just sample code of how a regex replace would work for what I want to it to do and I would not use the entire code for the WUnder plugin.  I just don't understand how I would use it in the Plugin.  Do I insert the RegExReplace in the Vox GUI for the command?  Do I have to insert this directly into the Wunder command xml at a certain point?  Obviously programming is not my strong suit so I apologize for asking really dumb questions that probably have very simple answers but a little hand holding at the beginning will really help me.

Just let me know if I'm way in over my head, I will wrap my head around the whole thing eventually, I was just hoping for a good push in the right direction.

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2014, 03:54:22 PM »
Sorry I missunderstand your question  :bonk

You can use this example, perhaps it makes it more clear for you (you must have the WUnder plugin in VC enabled) - the RegExReplace replaced the C from the {LastResult} with the word degrees

Code: [Select]
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-16"?>
<commandGroup open="False" name="weather" enabled="True" prefix="" priority="0" requiredProcess="" description="">
  <command id="636" name="sample regex replace" enabled="true" alwaysOn="False" confirm="False" requiredConfidence="0" loop="False" loopDelay="0" loopMax="0" description="">
    <action>
      <cmdType>WUnder.GetCurrent</cmdType>
      <cmdString />
      <cmdRepeat>1</cmdRepeat>
    </action>
    <action>
      <cmdType>Results.SetLastResult</cmdType>
      <cmdString>{LastResult}</cmdString>
      <cmdRepeat>1</cmdRepeat>
    </action>
    <action>
      <cmdType>Results.RegExReplace</cmdType>
      <cmdString>(\d)C&amp;&amp;$1 degrees</cmdString>
      <cmdRepeat>1</cmdRepeat>
    </action>
    <action>
      <cmdType>OSD.ShowText</cmdType>
      <cmdString>{LastResult}</cmdString>
      <cmdRepeat>1</cmdRepeat>
    </action>
  </command>
</commandGroup>

I hope this will push you in the right direction  ;)
« Last Edit: February 06, 2014, 03:58:37 PM by Kalle »

Indy

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2014, 04:09:14 PM »
Thanks Kalle, that looks more logical and usable to me, let me play with it and I think I will get it.  Appreciate the patience with me.

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2014, 04:14:45 PM »
You are welcome  ;)
« Last Edit: February 06, 2014, 04:25:04 PM by Kalle »

nime5ter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Getting Started with VoxCommando
« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2014, 08:36:57 AM »
Bumping James's link to the Wunder tutorial video, as it's rather buried both on youtube and here on the forum:

I notice that a user recently deleted his post in which he asked for help with a Wunder error, after a response had been provided.

One purpose of the forum is to try to be more time efficient: when user questions are answered publicly it theoretically provides answers helpful to other users (assuming people can find them), so that we don't have to keep answering the same questions over and over. This is necessary because we are a very small team, as mentioned in the forum guidelines.

Please don't delete your questions just because the answer seems obvious after the fact.

This is a complex program with many different features. Sometimes even the obvious escapes us. Do, of course, make reasonable effort to find the information on your own before posting, but once you've posted feel assured that you are probably not the only one who had that question, and the answer will be useful to others.

Problems with getting weather from the Wunder plugin are most commonly due to Weather Underground not understanding your location. autoip only works in some locations. James's video gives detailed instructions on all the various options for providing location info to WU, depending on where you live.

TIPS: POST VC VERSION #. Explain what you want VC to do. Say what you've tried & what happened, or post a video demo. Attach VC log. Link to instructions followed.  Post your command (xml)

AgileHumor

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2014, 02:13:21 PM »
I have a small but with the Weather plugin that the rest of the metric world didn't notice...imperial option doesn't save.

It will only stick until you restart the VC, which case it will default back to metric (and not list a language).

The "weekly weather" requires the Imperial/Metric set correctly...and can't be changed using the variables in the plugin text.

No big deal, just an FYI.  Luckily, my fiance is Canadian and can translate Celcisus to cold/warm/hot...and French too :)

nime5ter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2014, 02:31:09 PM »
Hi Agile,

Can you verify whether you're actually using imperial variables and not metric variables? I haven't been able to duplicate your problem so far.

e.g., Can you check whether your Current Weather Format field uses variables such as (imperial):
Weather for {T0.title} {T0.fcttext}.{T1.title} {T1.fcttext}
or metric:
Weather for {T0.title} {T0.fcttext_metric}.{T1.title} {T1.fcttext_metric}
?

Although I notice that the radio button does seem to revert back to Metric when I restart VC, it doesn't seem to impact that actual output as long as I've selected and saved imperial variables rather than metric variables.
TIPS: POST VC VERSION #. Explain what you want VC to do. Say what you've tried & what happened, or post a video demo. Attach VC log. Link to instructions followed.  Post your command (xml)

nime5ter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 27, 2014, 03:28:43 PM »
Wiki documentation for the WUnder plugin is poor. I will try, when I can find some time, to improve it.

AgileHumor

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 27, 2014, 03:37:27 PM »
Lets stick with the F3 line only as I'm not having problems where I can change the variable names:
Highs this week, {D0.weekday} {D0.high} {D0.conditions}, {D1.weekday} {D1.high} {D1.conditions}, {D2.weekday} {D2.high} {D2.conditions}, {D3.weekday} {D3.high} {D3.conditions}, {D4.weekday} {D4.high} {D4.conditions}.

Repro:
* Set imperial
* Save plugin options
* Test F3 and it will use imperial (expected)
* Full Restart VC (or restart computer)
* Test F3 and it will use metricl (unexpected)

Imperial doesn't "stick" past VC restarting.

nime5ter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 27, 2014, 03:43:09 PM »
Ah. Yes, now I see what you're saying. :)

Amazing no one has mentioned this after so many years.

Thanks for clarifying. Bug ticket is in the bank.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #26 on: February 27, 2014, 03:54:44 PM »
Thanks.  I FIX!

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #27 on: February 27, 2014, 04:41:35 PM »
Here's version 0.2.0.1 of the Wunder plugin.  I will include it in the next update but in case you can't wait, replace the WUnder.dll file in vc\plugins\Wunder with the attached.

.dll removed.  Install the latest version of VC instead
« Last Edit: September 20, 2016, 12:17:45 PM by jitterjames »

AgileHumor

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 28, 2014, 03:25:18 AM »
Thank you!!!! Working as expected.

Haddood

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 26, 2014, 02:05:42 AM »
I am not sure if I should post the question here or in general help ...
I am trying to build a command that retrieve weather for few cities ... When I do Wunder.Refresh, passing it city name to change location, I get an error:
wunder.dll: unkown action

any suggestions
When Voice command gets tough, use hand gestures