Author Topic: Some assistance on GGCal and migrating to VC Standard (Non-SP)  (Read 1953 times)

Hiryu

• Contributor
    • View Profile
Some assistance on GGCal and migrating to VC Standard (Non-SP)
« on: February 10, 2015, 09:16:07 PM »
Hi -- I saw that VC got updated with GGCal plugin 3 integration.  I had used GGCal before it broke on VC (SP) to pull any friends' birthdays as part of a morning update as a reminder.  It worked beautifully for a while, but obviously stopped working once google changed the way things work.

Now I'm trying to get it to work again.  I took the latest stable version of VC.  Put the installer file in my VC folder (after having backed it up), and then proceeded to install the update.  The GGcal 3 plugin shows up, activated it, granted google access to VC and then checked to make sure all my feeds were there.  When I click on Get Events button, it does indeed pull up the birthdays for the day on the calendar.  But then when I go to my logical command builder, and issue the command GcCal.GetToday Friends' Birthdays, the history window shows no events.

Wanted to see if anyone else has played around with the new plugin and encountered the same issues.

Also, if I wanted to migrate my SP to the standard VC (so that I can get dictation), how would I do it?  Would I make a copy of the VC SP folder, then just install the latest stable, but select SAPI instead of MS Platform 11?  Will that allow me to keep all my commands but installed into a standard VC installation?

I tried doing that very quickly just as a test, and it seems VC (standard) was picking up all manner of noises on the mic and interpreting them as commands (like a tap on the table became launch kodi, no vocal commands issued).  It seems I'm missing something here with regards to Speech Recognition sensitivity, as on the SP version, it does not do this. 

In any case, would really appreciate any help!  Thanks.

PegLegTV

• $upporter
    • View Profile
Re: Some assistance on GGCal and migrating to VC Standard (Non-SP)
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2015, 11:19:51 PM »
Hi -- I saw that VC got updated with GGCal plugin 3 integration.  I had used GGCal before it broke on VC (SP) to pull any friends' birthdays as part of a morning update as a reminder.  It worked beautifully for a while, but obviously stopped working once google changed the way things work.

Now I'm trying to get it to work again.  I took the latest stable version of VC.  Put the installer file in my VC folder (after having backed it up), and then proceeded to install the update.  The GGcal 3 plugin shows up, activated it, granted google access to VC and then checked to make sure all my feeds were there.  When I click on Get Events button, it does indeed pull up the birthdays for the day on the calendar.  But then when I go to my logical command builder, and issue the command GcCal.GetToday Friends' Birthdays, the history window shows no events.

Wanted to see if anyone else has played around with the new plugin and encountered the same issues.

with the GgCal plugin I don't use it, but when I tested the action GgCal.GetToday and put my calendar name in, it worked for me and showed all my events in the history window,

you could double check the spelling of your calendar, and make sure you have that calendar selected in the GgCal plugin, and make sure you save your GgCal Plugin setup

and double check that you have every thing setup correctly http://voxcommando.com/mediawiki/index.php?title=Plugin_GgCal_Guide

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2015, 12:41:14 PM »
The GgCal.GetToday action is working normally and has not changed from the previous version as far as I know.  Make sure you do not have two calendars named "Birthdays" and that you are spelling everything correctly.  Feel free to post your command xml in case you want us to check to see if you made a mistake.

I think I figured out your problem though.  GgCal.GetToday will get calendar events for the rest of the day.  It will not return "all day events", which is what a birthday would be.  In order to get all-day events you can use GgCal.GetDay with a param of 0 for Day.

To switch to the desktop regular sapi version of VoxCommando you only need to run the VoxCommando.exe instead of running the VoxCommandoSP.exe.  However, I recommend that you copy your VC folder and keep one folder for running the SP version and one folder for running the non-SP version.  That way you will run into less confusion.

Also after you switch to the other version it is probably a good idea to use the File Menu option "purge cache" and then restart VC.

Hiryu

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2015, 10:51:55 AM »
Thanks both!

I actually thought about it and arrived at the same exact solution for the GGCal -- I tested it and it worked.  I came back to the forum to say that I got it working, of course Jitterjames had already pinpointed the solution exactly.

Haven't yet tried transferring over to SAPI -- will do so soon.  Thanks!

Now I'm moving on to trying to understand RegEx better, I'm slowly going through the tutorials and reading up on the forums and videos.  As a first try, I copied the "local movies" (http://voxcommando.com/forum/index.php?topic=1140.0) code into my VC, but it doesn't seem to run -- is that because imdb has changed the way they lay out their xml?  It's returning no results. =(

nime5ter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Getting Started with VoxCommando
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2015, 11:16:06 AM »
Now I'm moving on to trying to understand RegEx better, I'm slowly going through the tutorials and reading up on the forums and videos.  As a first try, I copied the "local movies" (http://voxcommando.com/forum/index.php?topic=1140.0) code into my VC, but it doesn't seem to run -- is that because imdb has changed the way they lay out their xml?  It's returning no results. =(

That's right. The pattern James tries to match in the posted command XML (http://voxcommando.com/forum/index.php?topic=1140.msg9577#msg9577) is no longer valid.

The page that's being scraped isn't using XML, to my knowledge -- just the usual HTML tags.

It's a good opportunity to put the tips from the video tutorials to the test. If you open the IMDB web page in a regular browser window you can see the kind of info displayed. In VC, use the RegEx tool to find the pattern of interest.

For example, use the search bar in the RegEx tool to look for the first movie title displayed on that web page.

Try to copy and paste that string pattern as James does in his video, and look for matches.
TIPS: POST VC VERSION #. Explain what you want VC to do. Say what you've tried & what happened, or post a video demo. Attach VC log. Link to instructions followed.  Post your command (xml)

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2015, 12:21:02 PM »

I'm pretty sure this has nothing to do with the topic "Some assistance on GGCal and migrating to VC Standard (Non-SP)"

In the future please try to keep to the topic, or find an existing thread that is already discussing the topic, or start a new thread.  I'm not trying to be picky, but I want the forum to be a resource that other people can actually find information in.

Hiryu

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2015, 01:01:24 PM »
Sorry, James -- I thought of it the minute I hit enter on the post, that I should have started a new post or added this in the relevant thread.  Will do going forward.  Thanks!