Author Topic: Auto Login To Web Site  (Read 1808 times)

pmdaniels73

• $upporter
    • View Profile
Auto Login To Web Site
« on: April 10, 2014, 10:38:36 PM »
As you guys know I am kind of new o VC. I recently was able to set VC to automatically log into certain web sites. However I can only do it with sites that already have the user name and log in fields displayed. I am not able to figure out how to log into a page that you must actually click "log in" first then enter your user name and password. Any place I can find this information?

nime5ter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Getting Started with VoxCommando
Re: Auto Login To Web Site
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2014, 07:38:57 AM »
Since you use Firefox, you can try the mouseless browsing addon: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-us/firefox/addon/mouseless-browsing/
TIPS: POST VC VERSION #. Explain what you want VC to do. Say what you've tried & what happened, or post a video demo. Attach VC log. Link to instructions followed.  Post your command (xml)

xtermin8r

• $upporter
  • Crunchie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2014, 02:02:28 PM »
take a look here also for some hints

logging into a web page using vox.
http://voxcommando.com/forum/index.php?topic=895.msg7378#msg7378
Neural Net Based Artificial Intelligence.

pmdaniels73

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2014, 02:49:44 AM »
I got it figured out. Was actually very very simple. Thanks for the help folks. Much appreciated as usual.

nime5ter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2014, 08:22:11 AM »
Hi pm,

Would you mind sharing what method you used to solve your problem? This can be helpful information for other users.

See last "When you ask" bullet point. http://voxcommando.com/mediawiki/index.php?title=Getting_support#When_You_Ask
TIPS: POST VC VERSION #. Explain what you want VC to do. Say what you've tried & what happened, or post a video demo. Attach VC log. Link to instructions followed.  Post your command (xml)

pmdaniels73

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2014, 04:11:17 AM »
I can try, Naomi. I am pretty horrible at trying to explain things. Here goes though.

When going to a site that requires me to actually click "log in" or "sign in" I press the tab key as many times as it takes to be able to select the "log in" or "sign in" on the page. I count how many tab presses it takes. Then I start building my commands and events in VC. First of course we use Launch.OpenURL to access the site. My next action is VC.Pause to give the site time to load. Then I use InputKeys.Send {TAB} and have this repeated to the number of tab presses it takes to get to the "log in" or "sign in" part of the page. After that I use InputKeys.TextEntry to enter my log in information. Then I add another short pause then use InputKeys.Send {ENTER}. That is it. It may not work on all sites but the few that I use it works like a charm.

Sorry if the explaining was not very clear.

nime5ter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2014, 07:55:45 AM »
So many sorries in your posts, sometimes I think you must be a fellow Canadian.  :biglaugh

Thanks, pmdaniels. That's exactly what we were wondering. In the thread, a variety of solutions were suggested, so it's helpful for other new users to know what option worked for you.

If I have some time I will also post more information on how to use the Firefox plugin, as that may help for some of the more troublesome login pages.