Author Topic: Skype Plugin  (Read 1878 times)

bobsbrewery

• View Profile
Skype Plugin
« on: October 12, 2015, 04:46:08 PM »
Has anyone else had a problem with the Skype plugin lately? Everything was working fine, then all of a sudden I can no longer make calls. Plugin shows that I am connected, but when I try to make a call it shows "Skype: clsCancelled" in the plugin window. I'm running VC 2.2.0.7...

nime5ter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Getting Started with VoxCommando
Re: Skype Plugin
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2015, 06:00:03 PM »
Sorry, no. I just tested making a call with Skype version 7.8.0.102 and did not run into any problems.

Is it all calls, or just some of the time?
TIPS: POST VC VERSION #. Explain what you want VC to do. Say what you've tried & what happened, or post a video demo. Attach VC log. Link to instructions followed.  Post your command (xml)

nime5ter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2015, 06:06:57 PM »
I'm seeing two recent posts online where other people in non-VC environments are experiencing the same problem that you're experiencing with recent versions of Skype.

http://community.skype.com/t5/Windows-desktop-client/Skype-API-PlaceCall-is-broken-in-latest-versions/td-p/4153163

and

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/32946704/skype-api-call-always-cancelled

They do not seem to agree on which version caused the problem, but it sounds like you may need to revert to a previous Skype version if possible.
TIPS: POST VC VERSION #. Explain what you want VC to do. Say what you've tried & what happened, or post a video demo. Attach VC log. Link to instructions followed.  Post your command (xml)

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2015, 09:51:01 AM »
I just upgraded and tested with Skype version 7.12.80.101 and calling the Skype call testing service.  No problems here.  Works normally.

nime5ter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2015, 10:03:46 AM »
Well, some people out there do appear to be having issues. Unfortunately, no one is specifying which version of Windows they're using.

... My test was on a W7 machine.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2015, 10:30:36 AM »
I was just confirming that it appears to be an issue with Skype or specific installs of Skype, but that the VC plugin for Skype continues to work fine even with the latest versions.

I also tested on Win7 x64.