Author Topic: Need help, newbie!  (Read 10575 times)

ElbeCoder

• View Profile
Re: Need help, newbie!
« Reply #45 on: March 04, 2016, 04:57:50 PM »
Yes :D

nime5ter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Getting Started with VoxCommando
TIPS: POST VC VERSION #. Explain what you want VC to do. Say what you've tried & what happened, or post a video demo. Attach VC log. Link to instructions followed.  Post your command (xml)

ElbeCoder

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 05, 2016, 04:26:48 AM »
What do i have to do, if i want that when i say play song .... it will say. now playing <song name>

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando

DexDeadly

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 26, 2016, 04:08:31 PM »
Hello,

So I wanted to see what you did to fix the issue where it was unable to open the databases.  I also found that if I went and copied the file locally I can get it to work.  However it does not work when trying to load from the share.  I have gone ahead and even chmod the databases on the Pi to be 0777 and I still am unable to open the database files.  Is there anything else here in play that I am missing.  This is a Raspberry Pi 3 running OpenElec.  Any input would be greatly appreciated. 

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #50 on: March 26, 2016, 06:21:34 PM »
Does the pi support samba? Sorry I don't have one so I probably won't be much help.

mr.niki

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 27, 2016, 07:32:50 AM »
maybe it will help someone.
Sorry for the translation Google.
I installed xbmc on a raspberry 2.
Servers and synology and qnap.
To access the library through smb
it is necessary to enable the guest account (it is possible to set the password)
Only after that xbmc on raspberries will receive access to your library

vulcanjedi

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 27, 2016, 02:05:16 PM »
OpenElecs by default typically install Samba as well as the RPi build, but it can be disabled or declined during the initial wizard. Within the OE system panel it can quickly be toggled/installed again.
Or switch to the more preferred networked MySQL database implementation with kodi :)
« Last Edit: March 27, 2016, 02:08:15 PM by vulcanjedi »

DexDeadly

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 28, 2016, 03:05:29 PM »
Ok so it is not necessary to enable guest accounts.  I have an active directory setup at my home as well.  The OpenElec system has samba enabled and I can reach the databases just through my basic explorer.  I also use Emby to handle my library, however it does sync with the Kodi local library.  Again as I had mentioned copying the library works it just does not like connecting.  I used to use the MySQL setup but I"ve switched to Emby for syncing multiple users across the web.  The Pi does support Samba and I can reach the files and they play fine.  It just only seems to be an issue when trying to access the database from voxcommando.  I do have another computer running windows though that is also synced so maybe I'll just point to that instance of the databases and call it a day. 

ElbeCoder

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 01, 2016, 04:19:30 PM »
Hello,

So I wanted to see what you did to fix the issue where it was unable to open the databases.  I also found that if I went and copied the file locally I can get it to work.  However it does not work when trying to load from the share.  I have gone ahead and even chmod the databases on the Pi to be 0777 and I still am unable to open the database files.  Is there anything else here in play that I am missing.  This is a Raspberry Pi 3 running OpenElec.  Any input would be greatly appreciated.

ahhm. I copied the database to my PC and opened it there. And always let it open it when starting carefully.