Author Topic: Opening up PVR in Kodi/XBMC using Vox  (Read 4318 times)

HomieTheClown

• View Profile
Opening up PVR in Kodi/XBMC using Vox
« on: January 10, 2016, 12:08:23 PM »
Hey James, Nimestar,

I am trying to use my amulet remote to open and start my pvr client in kodi with the touch of a button. For example, I want to use the "live tv" button on the amulet to do this. I added one of my channels to my favorites so I could see what it looked like. Here it is.

<favourite thumb="C:\Users\TV\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\Thumbnails\Icons\CBS.png" name="CBS">PlayMedia("pvr://channels/tv/All channels/pvr.nextpvr_7158.pvr")</favourite>

I just need your help adding this as a command to the voicecommands.xml file. I was messing around with Json.Raw but didn't know what parameters to use.  Thanks for your time.

Also on an unrelated note, did they ever realease a patch or firmware to make the battery in the amulet remote last longer?It has a terrible battery life.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
Re: Opening up PVR in Kodi/XBMC using Vox
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2016, 01:22:47 PM »
I don't have any PVR here to test with so I cannot help you.  Maybe someone else here can.

Also on an unrelated note, did they ever realease a patch or firmware to make the battery in the amulet remote last longer?It has a terrible battery life.

No they did not.  I have more than one Amulet and they are all fine. Even my original one which is very old and has the original firmware on it has good battery life.  What do you mean when you say "it has terrible battery life".  That is a very subjective statement.  It could mean anything to you.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2016, 01:58:11 PM by jitterjames »

HomieTheClown

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2016, 01:44:19 PM »
I don't have any PVR here to test with so I cannot help you.  Maybe someone else here can.

No they did not.  I have more than one Amulet and even my original one which is very old and has the original firmware on it and they all have good battery life.  What do you mean when you say "it has terrible battery life".  That is a very subjective statement.  It could mean anything to you.

True. I get a little over a week of use before I have to recharge. The biggest problem with it is the button lights that light up when it senses the least vibration.  I wish there was a way to turn that feature off.

As far as the pvr problem goes. Here's where I am at. Even if you dont' have a pvr, I'm sure you have some good ideas on what I could do. In my LCB box I have " GUI.ActivateWindow&&"window": "video", "parameters": [ "pvr://channels/tv/All channels/pvr.nextpvr_7158.pvr" ]"

This will brng me to a window with all of my channels.(see pic) Surely there is a way for Vox to pick one of the channels. I am searching the forums here for an answer. I just need to figure out what to add to my parameters so it will pick one of the channels and not just open up the list.  Any thoughts?

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2016, 02:02:21 PM »
Does this help?

http://voxcommando.com/forum/index.php?topic=2456.msg21140#msg21140

If not, try searching the forum a bit for things like Kodi, PVR, Live TV, channels. 

HomieTheClown

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2016, 02:19:26 PM »
I added that text to my voicecommands.xml file and when I try to run it, I get a parse error file. I am not a programmer but I know parse errors have something to do with syntax errors. Trying to figure that out. 

These are the two parameters

Player.Open

"item" : {"channelid" : {1}}

I'm not sure where the parse error is.

EDIT:  Ok got it to work. Thank you sir. I had to take out the {1} part and replace it with 11.  For me 11 is the Channel ID number  for CBS. In my case I wanted to be able to press a button on the remote and have it change to this particular channel.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2016, 02:30:42 PM by HomieTheClown »

HomieTheClown

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2016, 02:39:42 PM »
Thank again. I'm checking out that other forum to see how I can get Vox to change channels wither by a channel number or channel name. I looked at the tvchannel.xml payload file but it was empty. Time for more research...

EDIT: I decided to just use a payload with the channel id's. Its simple to do except that channel id part. Channel id 5 is PBS while channel id 11 is CBS. On my guide they are right next to each other so I don't get how Kodi labels or identifies each channel.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2016, 03:11:29 PM by HomieTheClown »

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2016, 03:17:32 PM »
The xSql plugin should generate that payloadXML file for you automatically when you Generate XML but you must make sure that you have the path set to the correct and most recent database file.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2016, 03:26:17 PM »
True. I get a little over a week of use before I have to recharge.

Sounds pretty good to me.  I can't imagine why you would call that "terrible".

nime5ter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Getting Started with VoxCommando
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2016, 04:10:06 PM »
The xSql plugin should generate that payloadXML file for you automatically when you Generate XML but you must make sure that you have the path set to the correct and most recent database file.

Also: if the xSql plugin is for sure pointing to the correct TV database, but the XbmcTvChannels.xml payload xml file isn't automatically being generated, check your xSql plugin settings to make sure that the query that generates that file is in the list.

See the image here: http://voxcommando.com/forum/index.php?topic=1074.msg10353#msg10353

If the query circled in green is not in your query table, you can add it to the "Output (XML Payload Files)" table yourself. The syntax is shown in the image, and is also listed in "step 5" of that post.
TIPS: POST VC VERSION #. Explain what you want VC to do. Say what you've tried & what happened, or post a video demo. Attach VC log. Link to instructions followed.  Post your command (xml)

HomieTheClown

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2016, 05:09:29 PM »
Thank fellas. I remembered how to generate these important database xml files but I couldn't remember which directory XMBC/Kodi stored them. I'm and up and running. Do you guys run an open mic system?  I just found out bout the VoxWav for android program and plan to try it out.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2016, 05:20:36 PM »
Do you guys run an open mic system?  I just found out bout the VoxWav for android program and plan to try it out.

No we don't.  We mostly use the Amulet and VoxWav. Mostly because we don't have a good microphone for open air but I don't think it would suit me.  I like to have certain control over when it is listening to me.