Author Topic: New Here And Need Some Guidance.  (Read 5651 times)

eugekiller

• View Profile
New Here And Need Some Guidance.
« on: January 05, 2016, 09:36:49 PM »
Hi Everyone.

Need some guidance so i seen a cool video on how a guy controls kodi through voice control with VOX. So i got remote had KODI 15.1 installed on pc connected to tv. Downloaded VOX and chose version 15 and so on. Added these plug ins. xjson, xmysql, xsql. Now trying to control kodi.

Ohh ye VOX is 2.2.0.9

So when xjson generates all i get error for all.
when xmysql i get cannont connect to any mysql.
when xsql scans it gets it all.

So i dont have movie library or music library on my pc. I mostly use addodns for kodi (Genessis, channel1, navix, icefilms, and some others.)

So far i cant get any of those to even open :( Not even talking how to control them.
If anyone has some ideas or can point me in the right direction please.

Also live tv so xsql found all my PVR channels. Now how do i use it through commands? I is there something i will need?

also i see a bunch of people using swl ot even json, which is better?
Please post some liks that you think might be of use to me.

Thanks You All.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
Re: New Here And Need Some Guidance.
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2016, 09:51:59 PM »
The first step is to follow all of the steps detailed in the installation guide in order to get VoxCommando correctly connected to Kodi.

http://voxcommando.com/mediawiki/index.php?title=Installation_XBMC_Frodo

Each plugin for Kodi is its own experiment when it comes to trying to control it from VoxCommando.  VoxCommando comes ready to control all of the core functionality of Kodi (music, TV, Movies, and navigation) but each plugin is different and many do not really lend themselves to remote control.

also i see a bunch of people using swl ot even json, which is better?
Sorry, I don't know what "swl" is.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2016, 09:54:47 PM by jitterjames »

eugekiller

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2016, 10:02:39 PM »
Thank you.

I have done all of that. :)

eugekiller

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2016, 11:06:45 PM »
I am trying to learn how to make commands and so on but having a lot of problems since all tutorials and videos are for the old version it seems like it. Or am i just missing something. Some one please help.

Like the tree building thing and so on. My json keeps giving me errors cant connect to kodi.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2016, 11:31:06 PM by eugekiller »

PegLegTV

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2016, 12:46:30 AM »
follow this video

the only difference is the look of Voxcommando and the version of Kodi you will choose

make sure you follow all of the steps

So i dont have movie library or music library on my pc. I mostly use addodns for kodi (Genessis, channel1, navix, icefilms, and some others.)

do you have a MySql server, if not then you don't need to use the MySql Plugin, its only needed if you are running a MySql Server
(MySql sever is used when sharing your library with other Kodi's on the same network)

eugekiller

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2016, 07:50:14 AM »
I did the whole set up and cheked it twice lol.. Even renamed username to xbmc just to be on the safe side . Since it says kodi now a days. The only thing is the ip for json didnt see anything about that. But kodi and vox are on the same machine. So i guess json it is then :). One issue solved.

So when i go in to plug in json and generate all i get error for all :(.
ERROR: (xbmcArtists.xml) Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
same for all the rest. :(

I will take a wild guess and say i need to direct json to the correct folders to scan it. I seen people doing it on the furms but i cant find how.

James i guess first i would like to some how control the live tv channels (PVR). With xsql it scans all the channels and throws the results in to XbmcPayloads (folder), xbmcTvChannels.xml. So i am guessing i should be able to control them?
« Last Edit: January 06, 2016, 08:27:28 AM by eugekiller »

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2016, 09:21:01 AM »
We have been through this many times before. Something is configured wrong so now we have to start guessing what it is without knowing what you did.  It would be easier if you could record a video showing all the steps you are taking and what all your settings are. Then I can almost certainly tell you what you did wrong.

Possible problems other than obvious things like missing a step are that your firewall is blocking you or that you are using the wrong ports or if using the correct ports they are already in use so you could try something other than 8080 looks 8081 or 8082 etc. Make sure they match in kodi settings and the xJson plugin settings.

What message do you get when you click "test http connection" in xJson plugin settings?

eugekiller

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2016, 09:29:34 AM »
When i did the test it said

Success! Received response from XBMC:
{"id":"0","jsonrpc":"2.0","result":"pong"}

REMEMBER TO SAVE YOU SETTINGS

Could it be because i dont have any movies songs and all that stuff on my pc? so it has nothing to generate?
I only use it for add-ons and live tv. Dont have any of my libraries.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2016, 09:32:31 AM »
Well if you get that message and save your settings then there is no conceivable reason why the "go home" command would not work.

eugekiller

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2016, 09:39:47 AM »
Sorry james the go home command works. I think i edited it in post, my mistake. All seems to be good. With the set up. two things i want to try to do.

1. I have dual monitors. One is me pc and the other is the tv. So when i open kodi some times i need it to swich from monitor to monitor. On key board is ctrl + window+right errow. I would like to have a comand switch screen.

2. I would like to know how to control PVR channels in live tv. If that is even possible.

Which ever one is easiest i guess start with that one :)

Also i see a lot of different codes for different things, the question i have is how do i add them to existing codes? or do i make new one and where do i put it? Just a bit confused.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2016, 09:49:52 AM by eugekiller »

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2016, 10:23:46 AM »
If you were randomly editing commands without knowing what you were doing, then the first thing you should do to correct that is to go back to an unmodified standard configuration.  You can do that from the file menu >> "apply standard configuration".  In the future, it would be really helpful to all of us if you did not report that a command was not working after having edited it.  If you have edited a command and it is not working then you should at least tell us that you have edited it and preferably let us know what you did.  It will save everyone a lot of time because we can't correctly diagnose problems when given misleading information.

Here is the command (in a group) for live TV.  It should really be part of the default configuration but I don't have Live TV here so I keep forgetting to include it (and I can't test it but I'm pretty sure it works fine).

First thing you will need to do is to read and fully comprehend how to use XML on the forum.  All the information is here:

http://voxcommando.com/mediawiki/index.php?title=XML_on_the_forum

Then you will know what to do with the following xml to get it into your configuration:

Code: [Select]
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-16"?>
<!--VoxCommando 2.2.1.4-->
<commandGroup open="True" name="Kodi Live TV" enabled="True" prefix="" priority="0" requiredProcess="" description="">
  <command id="711" name="Switch to channel {1}" enabled="true" alwaysOn="False" confirm="False" requiredConfidence="0" loop="False" loopDelay="0" loopMax="0" description="">
    <action>
      <cmdType>XJson.Raw</cmdType>
      <params>
        <param>Player.Open</param>
        <param>"item" : {"channelid" : {1}}</param>
      </params>
      <cmdRepeat>1</cmdRepeat>
    </action>
    <phrase>Switch to, Go to, Start</phrase>
    <phrase>Channel</phrase>
    <payloadFromXML phraseOnly="False" use2partPhrase="False" phraseConnector="by" Phrase2wildcard="anyone" optional="False">XbmcPayloads\xbmcTvChannels.xml</payloadFromXML>
  </command>
</commandGroup>

In order to do key combinations the best place to start is usually with the InputKeys action.  I will see if I can come up with something for you.

If you want to be able to create your own commands you should start with the tutorial videos VoxCommando Tutorial 1A and 1B:

and of course taking a good look at the wiki:
 http://voxcommando.com/mediawiki/index.php?title=Getting_Started
« Last Edit: January 06, 2016, 10:26:50 AM by jitterjames »

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2016, 10:33:47 AM »
1. I have dual monitors. One is me pc and the other is the tv. So when i open kodi some times i need it to swich from monitor to monitor. On key board is ctrl + window+right errow. I would like to have a comand switch screen.

Are you sure you want:

Ctrl-Windows-Right

and not

Shift-Windows-Right

?

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2016, 10:54:40 AM »
The standard key combination in MS Windows to move a window to the next monitor is

Shift-Windows-Right

For some reason this does not seem to work using the InputKeys action so we must use the DxInput plugin instead.

Here is the command.  You will need to enable the DxInput plugin in order for it to work.
Code: [Select]
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-16"?>
<!--VoxCommando 2.2.1.5-->
<command id="351" name="Switch monitors" enabled="true" alwaysOn="False" confirm="False" requiredConfidence="0" loop="False" loopDelay="0" loopMax="0" description="">
  <action>
    <cmdType>DxInput.KeyCombo</cmdType>
    <params>
      <param>{shift}{leftwindows}</param>
      <param>{right}</param>
    </params>
    <cmdRepeat>1</cmdRepeat>
  </action>
  <phrase>Switch monitors</phrase>
</command>
« Last Edit: January 06, 2016, 11:24:04 AM by jitterjames »

eugekiller

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2016, 12:20:55 PM »
James you are the man. Thank you now it is all making sence a bit :).
One more question would like to make a command to open genesis addon?
i see that it is possible to open pandora. Wondering if possible to open other addons.

nime5ter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Getting Started with VoxCommando
« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2016, 01:08:09 PM »
There are some commands for Genesis on the forum.

Sometimes you have to search the forum and poke around a bit.

http://voxcommando.com/forum/index.php?topic=2412.msg20785#msg20785
TIPS: POST VC VERSION #. Explain what you want VC to do. Say what you've tried & what happened, or post a video demo. Attach VC log. Link to instructions followed.  Post your command (xml)