Author Topic: Command to launch alternatives  (Read 1280 times)

method007

• View Profile
Command to launch alternatives
« on: November 12, 2015, 03:29:59 PM »
I now have my whole system setup with VoxCommando and Kodi, and it works amazingly well.  The only issue I have is trying to launch alternates.  If I say something like "Play movie Bad Boys", it will come up with two alternates, one for Bad Boys and one for Bad Boys II.  I will then say "Option 1" (which was the only command I could find when searching for how to launch alternates) and nothing happens.  I see the command pop up in the corner of Kodi and say "Option 1".  It also registers with VoxCommando.  Is there a new command to launch alternates?

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
Re: Command to launch alternatives
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2015, 04:07:29 PM »
When there are alternates Option 1 is executed automatically under normal circumstances so it only really makes sense to say "Option 2" or "Option 3" etc.  It should work.  Nothing has changed recently for this command.

The only time VC won't do the first option automatically as soon as it hears your voice command would be if you edited your options and put a check mark where it says "don't execute if # Alternates >= ".

If you did this and also set the number to the right of that to a very low number, it might has the problem that when you say "option x" there are alternates that are preventing it from doing the option.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2015, 04:19:59 PM by nime5ter »

method007

• View Profile
Re: Command to launch alternatives
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2015, 07:11:13 PM »
Well, that solved my problem.  I had that box check marked.  Well, it all works great now!  Now i'm off to buy it!
Thanks for all of your help!