Author Topic: Open 1channel Search  (Read 13281 times)

tyebeach

• View Profile
Re: Open 1channel Search
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2015, 01:00:07 PM »
Awesome! That works great. Thanks!

Darthvuder2

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2016, 01:15:52 AM »
Hello,
I've been trying to refine this for Exodus but keep on getting a parsing error. The attached kodi log is after I've typed "simpsons" into search page and pushed 'done'.
Any help is appreciated.

My code is:

Code: [Select]
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-16"?>
<!--VoxCommando 2.1.3.8-->
<command id="595" name="search 1channel  tv shows" enabled="true" alwaysOn="False" confirm="False" requiredConfidence="0" loop="False" loopDelay="0" loopMax="0" description="">
  <action>
    <cmdType>XJson.Raw</cmdType>
    <params>
      <param>GUI.ActivateWindow</param>
      <param>"window": "video", "parameters": ["plugin://plugin.video.exodus/action=tvshowPage&url=http%3A%2F%2Fapiv2launch.trakt.tv%2Fsearch%3Ftype%3Dshow%26limit%3D20%26page%3D1%26query%3Dsimpsons"]</param>
    </params>
    <cmdRepeat>1</cmdRepeat>
  </action>
  <phrase>search 1channel  tv shows</phrase>
</command>
« Last Edit: December 31, 2016, 08:30:46 AM by jitterjames »

Darthvuder2

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2016, 01:27:51 AM »
The parsing error happens when Voxcommando starts (line 18, position 97 corresponds with an &)

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2016, 08:42:10 AM »
Please post your XML again, and this time put it in a code box.  When I try to paste your xml into VC I get an error.  It has something to do with the long parameter.

Don't open the XML or edit it in any other program, just copy and paste directly from VC to a code box on the forum.

Alternatively you can copy and paste the actual contents of the parameter into a code box.

Thanks.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2016, 08:57:57 AM »
The parsing error happens when Voxcommando starts (line 18, position 97 corresponds with an &)

Line 18?  Really?  I think you sent the wrong log file.

I can't find any parsing error, nor any mention of trakt or simpsons in the log and on line 18 Kodi is still loading.

Darthvuder2

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 31, 2016, 12:49:31 PM »
Sorry for the confusion. I had to copy my kodi log with each individual step done to make sure I understood where the parameter was coming from. I thought it was in the third log but actually in the 4th.

The parsing error happens when I start Voxcommando. I did a test run using the code for 1channel listed in the previous comments and it ran beautifully. I replaced the parameter "plugin..." with that found in the log below and when I start voxcommando gives me a popup box stating "error (re)loading groups:An error occurred while parsing EntityName. LIne 18, position 97".

I assumed this referenced the voxcommando voicecommands.xml file line 18, which corresponds to the line with the new parameter pasted in.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #21 on: December 31, 2016, 01:06:03 PM »
Are you trying to edit the VoxCommando voicecommands.xml  XML file by hand?

If so, please stop doing that.  Click "Edit" in VoxCommando and then edit your tree and commands the normal way.

It looks like you have corrupted your voicecommands.xml file by entering invalid XML when editing it.

Cautionary reminder to everyone on the forum:

The commands in your command tree are stored "behind the scenes" as XML.
You should never edit the XML directly; this is what the Command Tree Editor is for. ...

http://voxcommando.com/mediawiki/index.php?title=XML_on_the_forum
http://voxcommando.com/mediawiki/index.php?title=How_to_use_VoxCommando#The_Basics
« Last Edit: December 31, 2016, 01:18:57 PM by nime5ter »

nime5ter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Getting Started with VoxCommando
« Reply #22 on: December 31, 2016, 01:30:15 PM »
Hi,

I have cleaned up your voicecommands.xml file and re-created the command that corrupted the original file. See attached.

I don't know whether the new command will do what you want, but it is proper xml now.

As James mentions above, stick to using the Command Tree Editor to avoid these kinds of issues in the future.

cheers.
TIPS: POST VC VERSION #. Explain what you want VC to do. Say what you've tried & what happened, or post a video demo. Attach VC log. Link to instructions followed.  Post your command (xml)

Darthvuder2

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 31, 2016, 06:29:13 PM »
okay so it worked with your new voicecommands file beautifully. You guys are geniuses, thanks a bunch