Author Topic: HDMI matrix switch help  (Read 1639 times)

mdsh

• $upporter
    • View Profile
HDMI matrix switch help
« on: November 09, 2013, 09:42:41 PM »
Hi all. I cant help but feel I am missing something really dumb but I have been trying to resolve this error for some time now but just cant seem to work it out.

I recently got a hdmi matrix switch. 4in (1-4) and 2 out (A and B) marked like tis on the remote as well. So input 1 I have as RASPBMC and 2 as OPENELEC. Output 1 TV Main and 2 as Office TV.

I user USB UIRT learn to learn codes A1-4 and B1-4 and they are all tested and working. I then proceeded to export my uu_switch as an xml (attached) to directly under my VC folder. Then I tried to create a rule that would allow me to say "office source openelec" as example and it would sent the corresponding IR value from the phrase OPENELEC from my uu switch.xml file. But nothing happens :(

Any help would be much appreciated. Seems I just cant get these to work right :(

In my code below as a test I have change source raspbmc (this is my attempt to get the rule to use payload {1} from uu switch.xml
The second one change source openelec was for me to test if my IR codes were working and they in fact do USB UIRT lights up and changes to B2 with the current code in it

Code: [Select]
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-16"?>
<commandGroup open="True" name="Office TV source" enabled="True" prefix="" priority="0" requiredProcess="" description="">
  <command id="404" name="change source raspbmc" enabled="true" alwaysOn="False" confirm="False" requiredConfidence="0" loop="False" loopDelay="0" loopMax="0" description="">
    <action>
      <cmdType>UsbUIRT.Send</cmdType>
      <cmdString>{1}</cmdString>
      <cmdRepeat>1</cmdRepeat>
    </action>
    <phrase>offce source</phrase>
    <payloadFromXML phraseOnly="False" use2partPhrase="False" phraseConnector="by" Phrase2wildcard="anyone" optional="False">uu switch.xml</payloadFromXML>
  </command>
  <command id="419" name="change source openelec" enabled="true" alwaysOn="False" confirm="False" requiredConfidence="0" loop="False" loopDelay="0" loopMax="0" description="">
    <action>
      <cmdType>UsbUIRT.Send</cmdType>
      <cmdString>F41R030D815780AB1615161516151615161516151615161516401640164016401640164016401640161516401615164016151615161516151640161516401615164016401640164016|075B81575516</cmdString>
      <cmdRepeat>1</cmdRepeat>
    </action>
    <phrase>offce openelec</phrase>
  </command>
</commandGroup>

Thanks all

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
Re: HDMI matrix switch help
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2013, 08:12:07 AM »
What do you really mean by "nothing happens"?

It doesn't recognise what you are saying?

nime5ter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Getting Started with VoxCommando
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2013, 11:30:45 AM »
The following is basically reiterating what James asked, but phrased differently just to make sure I'm covering everything:   :biglaugh

Are you saying that you have tried issuing voice commands using both of the commands in your command group, and

1) When you say to Vox, "offce openelec" (i.e., the second command that doesn't use the payloadXml file), it properly switches on your OpenElec machine.

2) When you say to Vox, "offce source raspbmc" then:

a) Vox indicates it understood the phrase, but your Raspbmc machine doesn't switch on? (if this is the case, is there an indication of a usbuirt error in the history panel or no sign of a problem?)
b) Vox indicates it doesn't understand your phrase?
c) Vox indicates that it understands "offce source" but nothing after that?

3) Also, when you tested the "change source raspbmc" command that uses the payloadXML file, did you only try saying "offce source raspbmc" or did you also try issuing the voice command "offce source openelec" (since you know for sure that the openelec code works)?

... In other words, could you clarify the exact approach you took to testing the commands and the exact symptoms experienced, including what the history panel log indicates?

Thanks!
« Last Edit: November 10, 2013, 11:38:42 AM by nime5ter »
TIPS: POST VC VERSION #. Explain what you want VC to do. Say what you've tried & what happened, or post a video demo. Attach VC log. Link to instructions followed.  Post your command (xml)

mdsh

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2013, 02:22:29 AM »
Ok WOW... reading your replies (Thank you by the way) I saw that I made a spelling error and hence why in my testing when I used TellVox it would send any command.

I have now rectified OFFICE (was offce) and just did a quick test and it all seems to be working. I will test completely asap and give any new feedback. Sorry for this but I do appreciate all the effort from the both of you to take the time to ask questions.

Thanks again