Author Topic: "Google Now" Integration  (Read 2039 times)

IKROWNI

• $upporter
    • View Profile
"Google Now" Integration
« on: November 17, 2012, 02:13:58 PM »
would it be possible to use something like google now on the pc alongside with vc?

http://www.google.com/landing/now/

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
Re: "Google Now" Integration
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2012, 05:01:03 PM »
Isn't "Google Now" only for Android?  Is it even a real thing yet?
« Last Edit: November 17, 2012, 07:24:00 PM by jitterjames »

IKROWNI

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2012, 08:08:28 PM »
yea im pretty sure its available now but yes its also only available on android, is there anything else i could use with pc that would be like google now? or is there a way to port it to the pc from android?

SeanCRS1

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2014, 06:05:57 PM »
IKROWNI,
I know this is well years late, but have successfully integrated into Google Now services using the Robo Browser and Jame's help.  The attached Macro should give you a simple Google now command.  I am still playing with the Google Now feature's and figuring out what all I could read/write to it, but it does have some nice features!

Code: [Select]
<macro>
<action actiontype="RoboB.Select" repeat="1" logic="False"><paramstring>GoogleNow</paramstring></action>
<action actiontype="RoboB.Navigate" repeat="1" logic="False"><paramstring>https://www.google.com/#q=Remind+ME+to+Walk+The+Cat+at+5PM&amp;safe=off</paramstring></action>
<action actiontype="RoboB.Wait" repeat="1" logic="False"><paramstring></paramstring></action>
<action actiontype="RoboB.Show" repeat="1" logic="False"><paramstring></paramstring></action>
<action actiontype="RoboB.ElementByID" repeat="1" logic="False"><paramstring>act-rmd-send</paramstring></action>
<action actiontype="RoboB.Click" repeat="1" logic="False"><paramstring></paramstring></action>
</macro>

I will post a bunch of samples soon as I sort some things out.  Of course be sure that your default browser is logged into google so that it can recognize you and signed in as same account as your android phone.  I have confirmed on my Galaxy S3 just now I was told to walk my Cat... the Cat however did not agree  :bigno
“We’re all stories, in the end. Just make it a good one, eh?”
— The Doctor, Season 5, Episode 13

nime5ter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Getting Started with VoxCommando
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2014, 06:28:02 PM »
Hi Sean,

It looks like you tried to grab your command XML from within the LCB window, rather than from the command tree.

Can you perhaps edit your post above to correct that? It's difficult for other users to try out your XML as it is currently.

Just find your Google Now command in your actual command tree, right-click on the command and "copy". Paste that into your forum post code box.

http://voxcommando.com/mediawiki/index.php?title=XML_on_the_forum#Posting_Your_Code_to_the_Forum

Thanks!
TIPS: POST VC VERSION #. Explain what you want VC to do. Say what you've tried & what happened, or post a video demo. Attach VC log. Link to instructions followed.  Post your command (xml)