Author Topic: VoxWav First Demo  (Read 15886 times)

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
Re: VoxWav First Demo
« Reply #45 on: July 29, 2012, 03:41:52 PM »
I just uploaded VW 1.2b

I think it works pretty well with 0958.  I've only tested quickly though.

I hope it works well for the rest of you.

bodiroga

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 29, 2012, 04:05:49 PM »
I just uploaded VW 1.2b

I think it works pretty well with 0958.  I've only tested quickly though.

I hope it works well for the rest of you.

I can't make it work here, using VC 0.9.5.8 and the VoxWav.apk file that you have submitted to google code some minutes ago :-(

I think that my problem is that VoxCommando is trying to read the wav file so fast that the file transfer is not even completed. What does the android app do, wait until the recording is completed and then transmit the file or start sending the file as soon as you tilt the phone? Here is the event history that I can see in VC:

Event&&AV.Resuming
AV.Resuming
Event&AV.Mic.On
AV.Mic.On
Event&&AV.SmbTransfer.Begin
AV.SmbTransfer.Begin
Event&&AV.Mic.Off
AV.Mic.Off
Wav.FailedRead
Event&&AV.SmbTransfer.End
AV.SmbTransfer.End

Is VoxCommando trying to open the wav file before it is transferred? In my shared "wavwatch" folder I can see many android*_*_**.wav files, and if I move them to any other folder and move them again to the shared folder then VC loads them properly and the command is triggered properly.

Am I the only one with this problem?

Many thanks for your work James, the app looks great for a beta version!

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 29, 2012, 04:14:59 PM »
No you not the only one, I had the problem with "VoxWav 1.2".
If you have a program on your android device that can clearing the cache you can do this or restart your android device and test VoxWav again.

Kalle
***********  get excited and make things  **********

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #48 on: July 29, 2012, 05:37:00 PM »
I can't make it work here, using VC 0.9.5.8 and the VoxWav.apk file that you have submitted to google code some minutes ago :-(

I think that my problem is that VoxCommando is trying to read the wav file so fast that the file transfer is not even completed. What does the android app do, wait until the recording is completed and then transmit the file or start sending the file as soon as you tilt the phone? Here is the event history that I can see in VC:

that was happening in previous versions, and in some cases there was a conflict where VC would start trying to read the file before the transfer was complete.

Here is what actually happens if you have VW 1.2b and VC 0.958

VW saves the WAV locally (into your sdcard folder) while you are recording.  It then initiates a transfer to the samba share, saving the file as filname.tmp.  VC should be ignoring this file because it is not interested in any files that do not end with .wav.  When the transfer is complete, VW will rename the file to have a .wav extension.  Now VC should see the file, open it, and perform it's analysis.  I have it working perfectly here with two different androids (2.2 and 4.0.3) and several computers. 

If you guys really have the latest version, I don't know what could be going wrong, but maybe you could try to uninstall VW completely and then install the latest version that is currently on the google code site.

Then you need to reenter the samba info to be able to connect.  If you watch the folder when VC is off, and you send a nice long file you should be able to see the file appearing as a .tmp file and then changing to .wav
« Last Edit: July 29, 2012, 05:43:18 PM by jitterjames »

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #49 on: July 29, 2012, 05:48:55 PM »
I'll upload a new version of VC later tonight, or first thing in the morning.  Just to be safe, I'll get VC to wait a short period before trying to open the wav incase it is interfering with the file rename.

We have guests right now so I can't do it at the moment.

nime5ter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Getting Started with VoxCommando
« Reply #50 on: July 29, 2012, 09:02:55 PM »
I've been struggling to get VC to recognize my commands through my $70 Android phone using 2.2 Froyo, while James was having much better luck, though still not perfect; it was pretty frustrating! This was made worse because my phone will pick up any ambient sound in the room -- it seemed way too sensitive. Music playing in the background was not an issue, since the auto-mute function was working, but if anyone started talking in the background while I was trying to issue a command, VC would not understand my command.

Today we decided to create a new untrained profile to compare. *Instantly* I started getting 98% - 99% recognition from Vox, and James is getting the same accuracy results using his tablet on the same untrained profile. I've had no problems since then, unless someone is talking in the background. That seems to be the nature of my phone. I don't know that this solution will work for non-native English speakers giving commands in English, but for me, changing to a new profile not "tuned" to James made all the difference, and the profile still works for James as well.
TIPS: POST VC VERSION #. Explain what you want VC to do. Say what you've tried & what happened, or post a video demo. Attach VC log. Link to instructions followed.  Post your command (xml)

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #51 on: July 29, 2012, 10:15:25 PM »
OK, I'm really not sure why it's not working for some of you, but hopefully this version will help some of you.  Or at least the history window might provide a better clue of what it going on.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1i6zcteg1z4yjzh/VC%20Setup%200959.exe

claymic

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 30, 2012, 08:08:23 AM »

Event&&AV.Resuming
AV.Resuming
Event&AV.Mic.On
AV.Mic.On
Event&&AV.SmbTransfer.Begin
AV.SmbTransfer.Begin
Event&&AV.Mic.Off
AV.Mic.Off
Wav.FailedRead
Event&&AV.SmbTransfer.End
AV.SmbTransfer.End

Is VoxCommando trying to open the wav file before it is transferred? In my shared "wavwatch" folder I can see many android*_*_**.wav files, and if I move them to any other folder and move them again to the shared folder then VC loads them properly and the command is triggered properly.

Many thanks for your work James, the app looks great for a beta version!
I had the same problem, but this is not because voxcommando is traying to read the file very fast.
The problem is if you have a mic enable in the pc VoxCommando cant read the .wav files, so...disable the mic in pc and everything will work well (version 0.958).
I test for now with two devices :
1 - Motorolla Atrix with android 3.2, works but its very sensitive, sometimes i have to put the cellphone 50cm way, its not a good device for this app.
2- Galaxy Tab S G70, works perfectly. I get 94% or more of accuracy. Very well job James.
Sometimes the app crash, happens when the VoxCommando dont recognize the command and the app try to get the feedback udp, if voxcommando dont send the feedback the app crash (at least i think so.)
Congratulaion James and thanks.
Clayton

claymic

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 30, 2012, 09:10:59 AM »
Sometimes the app crash, happens when the VoxCommando dont recognize the command and the app try to get the feedback udp, if voxcommando dont send the feedback the app crash (at least i think so.)
My bad, i was using the version 1.2, now i install the version 1.2b and the crashing stop. Very thanks for your support (email) James.
I am very happy with this app. Works very nice.
Clayton
« Last Edit: July 30, 2012, 09:18:44 AM by claymic »

bodiroga

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 30, 2012, 09:48:43 AM »
Ok, with the last version of VC 0.9.5.9 VoxWav is working fine in my Samsung Galaxy S2 (CM9), but now my setup using VAC with a USB mic and PocketAudio (I repeat both sounds into Line 1 and I have configured Line 1 as my standard device in windows recording settings -similar setup to the one that Kalle described here: http://voxcommando.com/forum/index.php?topic=825.msg6877#msg6877-) is no working :( :( WTF! If I use the default record program that comes with windows everything works fine, Line 1 is recognized as the record device and I can here my voice in the wma file, but VC doesn't hear anything in Line 1 (the bottom green line doesn't move). Yesterday with 0.9.5.8 the setup was working fine, but after upgrading to 0.9.5.9 I can't make it work (and installing a different version of VC, 0.9.5.6 for example, doesn't help).

James (or Kalle), do you know what's happening here???

Many thanks for your help!

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #55 on: July 30, 2012, 10:19:02 AM »
Sorry, if going back to a previous version doesn't work, then I have no idea, but it must only be a coincidence that it happened when you installed 0.959

claymic

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 30, 2012, 10:29:07 AM »
James
Only for undertand how this work.
After the .wav files  recorded and salved in the shared folder, how VoxCommando read it ? There is a way to manage the volume or booster of this recorded audios ?
I test in two pcs. In the first pc my Galaxy G70 works perfectly, i have to put the galaxy very close to my mouth and there is no interference of the surround sound.
But in the second pc was diferent, i have to put the G70 30cm from my mouth and now i get a lot of surround sound interference. I dont understand why.
I try to cover the mic but dont work very well.
Thanks James
Clayton

bodiroga

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 30, 2012, 11:11:47 AM »
Sorry, if going back to a previous version doesn't work, then I have no idea, but it must only be a coincidence that it happened when you installed 0.959

James, I don't know if this says something to you, but if I enable the option "Check the mic state every x seconds" I can see lots of "time since mic event...", "trying to reset" and "mic reset" events in the history tab, so it's clear that VC can't see my "Line 1" mic (remember that the mic is working fine in Windows, tested with the build in recording program").

Ohhh, fuck, I have opened the log file and this is the error I'm getting:

30/07/2012 16:03:50   237   focused: VoxCommando
30/07/2012 16:03:51   742   unable to reset speech engine: System.InvalidOperationException: No se puede realizar esta operación mientras el reconocedor está realizando el reconocimiento.
   en System.Speech.Recognition.RecognizerBase.SetInputToDefaultAudioDevice()
   en System.Speech.Recognition.SpeechRecognitionEngine.SetInputToDefaultAudioDevice()
   en VoxCommando.MainWindow.setModeReset()
30/07/2012 16:04:01   755   unable to reset speech engine: System.InvalidOperationException: No se puede realizar esta operación mientras el reconocedor está realizando el reconocimiento.
   en System.Speech.Recognition.SpeechRecognitionEngine.SetInputToDefaultAudioDevice()
30/07/2012 16:04:10   837   focused: Idle
30/07/2012 16:04:26   802   unable to reset speech engine: System.InvalidOperationException: No se puede realizar esta operación mientras el reconocedor está realizando el reconocimiento.
30/07/2012 16:04:51   835   unable to reset speech engine: System.InvalidOperationException: No se puede realizar esta operación mientras el reconocedor está realizando el reconocimiento.
30/07/2012 16:04:52   985   focused: VoxCommando
30/07/2012 16:04:54   55   error opening options.xml
30/07/2012 16:05:08   40   focused: Idle
30/07/2012 16:05:16   875   unable to reset speech engine: System.InvalidOperationException: No se puede realizar esta operación mientras el reconocedor está realizando el reconocimiento.
30/07/2012 16:05:26   882   unable to reset speech engine: System.InvalidOperationException: No se puede realizar esta operación mientras el reconocedor está realizando el reconocimiento.
30/07/2012 16:05:35   140   focused: VoxCommando
30/07/2012 16:05:36   903   unable to reset speech engine: System.InvalidOperationException: No se puede realizar esta operación mientras el reconocedor está realizando el reconocimiento.
30/07/2012 16:05:56   210   focused: explorer
30/07/2012 16:05:56   934   unable to reset speech engine: System.InvalidOperationException: No se puede realizar esta operación mientras el reconocedor está realizando el reconocimiento.

Does this say anything to you?

Many thanks for your help as always James, you know how much I admire your work ;)

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #58 on: July 30, 2012, 11:16:25 AM »
James, I don't know if this says something to you, but if I enable the option "Check the mic state every x seconds" I can see lots of "time since mic event...", "trying to reset" and "mic reset" events in the history tab, so it's clear that VC can't see my "Line 1" mic (remember that the mic is working fine in Windows, tested with the build in recording program").

don't enable  "Check the mic state every x seconds".  Set it to 0

Also, reboot.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2012, 11:22:37 AM by jitterjames »

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #59 on: July 30, 2012, 11:20:56 AM »
James
Only for undertand how this work.
After the .wav files  recorded and salved in the shared folder, how VoxCommando read it ? There is a way to manage the volume or booster of this recorded audios ?
I test in two pcs. In the first pc my Galaxy G70 works perfectly, i have to put the galaxy very close to my mouth and there is no interference of the surround sound.
But in the second pc was diferent, i have to put the G70 30cm from my mouth and now i get a lot of surround sound interference. I dont understand why.
I try to cover the mic but dont work very well.
Thanks James
Clayton

I don't understand the question:  "how VoxCommando read it"
It opens it like any other file.  What can I say about it?

If you are using the same wav file from the same android phone, and getting better results with one PC than the other, then the difference must be in the way you have trained your speech profile.  Perhaps one machine learned using a louder microphone, so now it is better able to understand when the wav is loud.