Author Topic: How did you discover Vox Commando  (Read 8944 times)

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
Re: How did you discover Vox Commando
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2011, 08:46:15 AM »
Hey guys,
I just bought VoxCommando and figured I'd check out the forums. I actually had ordered the Amulet Remote before this software. I was using XBMC but figured I'd switch over to windows media center since that was all the remote supported. I really didn't like switching over from XBMC though so I did a google search for amulet and xbmc and came up with this. So far it is working great and I am very pleased to still be using my XBMC  :)

Hi Zimbawan, good news for us to hear it all worked well. Only now is a good tool at your amulet for your entertainment. Tell any question for use the Voxcommando in this forum, and you get many answers from the nice people here.  ;)

Greetings Kalle
« Last Edit: September 20, 2013, 08:01:01 AM by Kalle »
***********  get excited and make things  **********

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2011, 04:10:52 PM »
Hi Zimbawan and welcome to the forum.  Thanks for letting us know how to discovered VoxCommando. It is nice to know that we are getting new users through our connection with Amulet.  I assume that you know how to use the AmuletUSB.exe to turn VC on and off?  It is important to use it because Amulet makes a bit of a noise whenever it turns on and it is better if VC is not listening to that.

If you need help setting up the AmuletUSB or if you have any questions that aren't already answered here feel free to ask.  Have fun.

mclough6

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2011, 08:01:25 PM »
I was experimenting with windows 7 voice recognition and wondered if anyone had done voice recognitiion with XBMC.  I found out about
Vox there.  Great software, it is only surpassed by your excellent support.

Zimbawan

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2011, 06:52:44 AM »
Hi Zimbawan and welcome to the forum.  Thanks for letting us know how to discovered VoxCommando. It is nice to know that we are getting new users through our connection with Amulet.  I assume that you know how to use the AmuletUSB.exe to turn VC on and off?  It is important to use it because Amulet makes a bit of a noise whenever it turns on and it is better if VC is not listening to that.

If you need help setting up the AmuletUSB or if you have any questions that aren't already answered here feel free to ask.  Have fun.

Hey, I actually did notice the executable file called AmuletUSB in the directory but I had no idea what it was for. I haven't run into any trouble so far but would be happy to prevent any future issues if you would be willing to explain it to me :P. I noticed when I open it, it says connected okay under link status and nothing under mic status. Not sure what the port is for. Thanks

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2011, 08:38:54 AM »
Hey, I actually did notice the executable file called AmuletUSB in the directory but I had no idea what it was for. I haven't run into any trouble so far but would be happy to prevent any future issues if you would be willing to explain it to me :P. I noticed when I open it, it says connected okay under link status and nothing under mic status. Not sure what the port is for. Thanks

The AmuletUSB.exe turn auto. ON/OFF Voxcommando, when you lift your amulet. Run the AmuletUSB.exe and VC (hide the AmuletUSB.exe if you want but don't close). When you lift your amulet, VC turn in ON-Mode (green), when you lie down the amulet, VC turn in OFF-Mode (red).
The port is for that VC can communicate with amuletUSB.exe

Kalle
« Last Edit: March 13, 2011, 09:11:28 AM by Kalle »
***********  get excited and make things  **********

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2011, 10:42:04 AM »
Lifting and lowering the Amulet remote when AmuletUSB is running will send events to VC as long as the port matches the "Listen Port" in VC options.  The default for both is 33000 so you don't need to change anything.

You need to drag the Amulet events that are showing up in the history window onto to your command tree.  Drag the Amulet.On event onto your Listen command and the Amulet.Off event onto your Vox Off command.

For help with events watch this:

Zimbawan

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2011, 10:05:31 PM »
Oh I see what you're saying now. Thanks for explaining that. I'll get it set up when I get back home tonight.

j1mmy

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 16, 2011, 03:37:05 PM »
I found Vox commando when I was on youtube looking at xbmc and the Aeon skin.

I found Aeon MQ and Vox Commando at the same time.  Scored big time with both and has made an impressive addition to my home theater.  I have a friend building a custom movie intro for my xbmc setup and all of this is taking my home theater to a whole new level.  Thanks for your work on this and progressively moving this software forward.  Thanks to the forum members for their belief and contributions to this software and it's potential as well.  I have three co-workers that have jumped on the xbmc / apple TV path and I'm sharing my VC progress with them.

j1mmy
LIAN LI PC-Q08B=>GIGABYTE GA-H55N-USB3 LGA 1156=>Intel i3=>8GB RAM=>3.5TB=>Win7 & VMWare 7 desktop=>XBMC=>Aeon MQ=>VoxCommando
Denon 3808=>Paradigm 7.1=>Epson 6500UB=>97.1” Carada
AppleTV Gen1 Crystal HD=>XBMC=>46” Sharp Aquos

tria

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 25, 2012, 09:07:29 AM »
^^^

Just like Jimmy, I learned about it from Youtube by accident while watching a totally unrelated thing (but was about XBMC). The video was not about VC, but one of the comments mentioned it, which made me google it out of interest.

You should use Youtube more to promote this great product. Some people don't see the need for such thing until they see a use case for it.

nime5ter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Getting Started with VoxCommando
« Reply #24 on: February 25, 2012, 11:32:19 AM »
^^^

You should use Youtube more to promote this great product. Some people don't see the need for such thing until they see a use case for it.

Hi tria.

I'm curious what you mean by "use Youtube more". There are over 20 VoxCommando videos on Youtube. James has put a lot of information on youtube, and a couple users have posted videos of their own VC setups. What kinds of "promotion" do you think would help more people to find those videos?
TIPS: POST VC VERSION #. Explain what you want VC to do. Say what you've tried & what happened, or post a video demo. Attach VC log. Link to instructions followed.  Post your command (xml)

tria

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2012, 03:39:29 AM »
What I meant was to focus on Youtube. I didn't say there are no videos there, as I saw many of them (but only once I found about VC). It is just a suggestion to focus on it.

For example, most of the videos either explain the program itself (as a tutorial), or are videos done by people showing case their setups without mentioning VoxCommando in the description or the comments. There should be use cases of setups for all the supported application by VC to show how the application can be useful and practicle (and not how cool it is). The title shouldn't be related to VC, rather to the functionality of VC (voice commanding..., hand free control..., automation by voice using...), but the description need to mention VC.

There is nothing wrong with what was made, it is just that you should focus on promoting it there based on the functionality to get the attention of interested users.