Author Topic: MediaPortal Configuration for 0.912  (Read 38357 times)

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
Re: MediaPortal Configuration for 0.912
« Reply #75 on: January 04, 2012, 07:14:06 PM »
I think I mentioned this earlier: For some reason the first "select" command I make once MP is launched doesn't "stick" e.g.: Launch MP (MP opens), scroll up 1 (works), select (VC says "connecting" but nothing happens), select (works).
I think it is just that the first MPWIFIremote  command doesn't work because you are not connected yet.  This is because you launched VC first.  After you start MP (if VC is already running) you need to connect to MP.  If you try any mpwifi action in VC when you are not connected, VC will automatically try to connect.

the scroll commands are just using keyboard emulation, so they don't count.

If you start MP first and then start VC,  VC will automatically try to connect on startup.

jamesst

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 07, 2012, 06:00:30 AM »
Hi,

I recently purchased voxcommando and had so much fun with.
It's such a great toy. I use it with Mediaportal and all of its great plugins and Eventhghost ( controling my devices with Tellstick Duo).
Now I am able to control my lights and multimedia just the way I want ( well almost - open mic that could filter only mic out from multimedia that is playing would be it, but)
So my question is: how can I  set an action so that when I ask what song/movie is playing, computer answers with the name of the song/movie. I have TTS speak on second set of speakers just for that.

Onece more thanks for the great aplicaton and your support for the mediaportal.

James

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #77 on: January 07, 2012, 09:21:51 AM »
retrieving now-playing info will be available in the next release 0.936

soooooon.....  :bignod

edit:  oh, and hello and welcome to VC!  Thanks for supporting the development of the program by buying.  ;D
« Last Edit: January 07, 2012, 09:30:08 AM by jitterjames »

bodiroga

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 07, 2012, 12:28:52 PM »
retrieving now-playing info will be available in the next release 0.936

soooooon.....  :bignod

edit:  oh, and hello and welcome to VC!  Thanks for supporting the development of the program by buying.  ;D

Can't wait to try it James, many many many thanks for your work and support!

:clap :clap :clap

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #79 on: January 16, 2012, 07:12:17 PM »
Hi,

I recently purchased voxcommando and had so much fun with.
It's such a great toy. I use it with Mediaportal and all of its great plugins and Eventhghost ( controling my devices with Tellstick Duo).
Now I am able to control my lights and multimedia just the way I want ( well almost - open mic that could filter only mic out from multimedia that is playing would be it, but)
So my question is: how can I  set an action so that when I ask what song/movie is playing, computer answers with the name of the song/movie. I have TTS speak on second set of speakers just for that.

Onece more thanks for the great aplicaton and your support for the mediaportal.

James
Welcome Jamesst.  Sorry I forgot to respond to this sooner.  Thank you very much for your kind words.  ;D

Tell your friends!  :biglaugh

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #80 on: January 16, 2012, 07:16:14 PM »
Sure thing:

The Setup: MediaPortal client (HP Touchsmart 600 Series, W7, onboard Realtek High Definition Audio). VC is installed on this computer and is being used to control it. Navigation (skin) sounds are turned off in MP.

What happens: Open MP with VC. If I play recorded TV or any other video file in MP the sound from the file being played is fine. If I play music I get no sound (I have tried MP3 & Windows Media files) I can set the volume level using VC or manually using the remote but I still don't get any sound even though I can see that the file is playing.

Here is the log info from MP:

Had a look at this - I don't have any option other than "Microsoft - Anna - English" & I have selected "use preferred audio output device"

Looking at the logs it seems as though there is something going on there (but I don't know what!)

Hi Bleazle, try the new version on your htpc, and let me know if it works now.  I changed a few things with sound and tts in version 0.937
http://voxcommando.com/forum/index.php?topic=704.msg5249#msg5249

just make sure you don't have any sound or TTS coming from VoxCommando just before starting MediaPortal of the ASIO won't initialize.  This is true for any program and windows system sounds because Asio is picky.

Bleazle

• $upporter
  • Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 16, 2012, 07:29:13 PM »
Hi Bleazle, try the new version on your htpc, and let me know if it works now.  I changed a few things with sound and tts in version 0.937
http://voxcommando.com/forum/index.php?topic=704.msg5249#msg5249

just make sure you don't have any sound or TTS coming from VoxCommando just before starting MediaPortal of the ASIO won't initialize.  This is true for any program and windows system sounds because Asio is picky.

Cheers, will do - in fact I was just off to do it now  ;D I've been away for the last few days (wakeboarding, skiing, jetskiing etc with the kids - I love summer  ;D ) and have just spend the last hour trying to catch up what's been posted here - it's been busy!

Bleazle

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #82 on: January 16, 2012, 08:24:59 PM »
I was skiing today too, but my water was a bit colder...

Bleazle

• $upporter
  • Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 16, 2012, 11:46:05 PM »
Edit to my original post: Using 0.937 and things are looking good so far... trying to work out a command at the moment but don't want to "give in" and have to ask for help  ;D will keep trying.. it's not midnight yet after all  ;D

Testing of 0.936 hasn't gone too well for me  :-[... actually I can't get it to do anything because I get this message on startup of VC "No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 127.0.0.1:8080"

I clicked "allow" when the Windows Firewall message appeared... Any ideas? (WifiRemote: 0.6.0.0 installed)

Cheers

Bleazle
« Last Edit: January 17, 2012, 06:36:10 AM by Bleazle »

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #84 on: January 17, 2012, 08:47:52 AM »
I moved the question about time skipping to here:

http://voxcommando.com/forum/index.php?topic=714.0
« Last Edit: January 17, 2012, 05:41:53 PM by jitterjames »

Bleazle

• $upporter
  • Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 17, 2012, 05:44:29 PM »
well, that is not the approach that I would take.  It would probably be easiest if you just make 4 different commands and don't use any payloads or logic...

Yeah I figured that was the easiest way I just wanted to see if I could get "tricky" and learn a bit more about how commands work. Thanks for all of the pointers. I don't really like the "skip percent" command because 10% of a 2hr show isn't much but 10% of a 30min show is a lot!  ;D I'll have a go later at creating a command that jumps forward or back so many seconds... if I fail I'll ask you how to do it  ;D

As an aside, on your demo video you open a web page and do searches etc - I can launch firefox no problem but where are the commands from there? Do I have to activate another plugin?

@ Shango - I saved my custom commands to the bin file in V 0.912 - just copy them to the right hand side of the "Edit" window then save the Bin.xml file (I saved it as a new copy just in case I got something wrong). Then open the newer version of VC, go to "Edit", open the custom Bin file and copy and paste your custom commands over to the left hand side.

Bleazle

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #86 on: January 17, 2012, 06:04:32 PM »
Yeah I figured that was the easiest way I just wanted to see if I could get "tricky" and learn a bit more about how commands work. Thanks for all of the pointers. I don't really like the "skip percent" command because 10% of a 2hr show isn't much but 10% of a 30min show is a lot!  ;D I'll have a go later at creating a command that jumps forward or back so many seconds... if I fail I'll ask you how to do it  ;D

As an aside, on your demo video you open a web page and do searches etc - I can launch firefox no problem but where are the commands from there? Do I have to activate another plugin?
I think you missed the redirected topic, check out the command I uploaded there.

I think I included a web search in the latest configuration for MP, no?  Just say "web search apple pie"

or if you want to go directly to the first hit say "lucky search apple pie"

Bleazle

• $upporter
  • Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 17, 2012, 06:11:45 PM »
I think you missed the redirected topic, check out the command I uploaded there.

We were typing over each other again  :-\ - saw your post after I hit "post" - thanks - will go and have a look (and see if you did it the same way I would have - like I've got any idea  :biglaugh )  and give the web search a go

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #88 on: January 17, 2012, 06:15:42 PM »
part of the fun is that there is always more than one way to do it.

shango

• $upporter
  • No English flag :(
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 17, 2012, 06:23:56 PM »

@ Shango - I saved my custom commands to the bin file in V 0.912 - just copy them to the right hand side of the "Edit" window then save the Bin.xml file (I saved it as a new copy just in case I got something wrong). Then open the newer version of VC, go to "Edit", open the custom Bin file and copy and paste your custom commands over to the left hand side.

Bleazle

I'm trying this but VC crashes every time I try to copy one over, is there another way? that also seems a bit longwinded if you have lots of custom commands you want to copy over