Author Topic: Mediaportal Support  (Read 33043 times)

alexdepalma

• View Profile
Re: Mediaportal Support
« Reply #45 on: January 18, 2012, 12:29:11 PM »
Helo! I'm just new in Voxcommando. I have just discovered this wonderful program and I couldn't wait to make deeper test and quickly buy a licence just few hours later.
I'm impressed about the program. I use it in Spanish and overall performance is very nice.

I must admit, that VoxCommand has pushed my house to a new future... I can control demotics (lights, pool...) just with the voice, create relaxing soft light ambients just by calling them. And start my favorite music with my voice.... Wow... just Sify.

I'll shortly try to install a multimicrofone installation in the house and so on.

Mediaportal support is essential to me, so big thanks!!!

I'm just wondering if I can "ask" the system to inform about the currently played song or media  (artist, title, album...) as seen in XBMC, also call tv channels just with the voice and other fantastic feaures already included in other MCE soft.

One more thing. Can you please provide a post with Mediaportal VoxCommand.xml config file to import in the program. I get crazy traying to control MP but the downloaded version didn't include it. Also updates could be included and we can post translations to other languages.

Has some body develop a plugin or setting to have small conversations (iphone SIRI like) with the computer,a sk open questions and thinks like that?

Well, that's all for now.. My computer is waiting a deep conversation... :bonk :bonk

Thanks
Alex

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #46 on: January 18, 2012, 01:10:51 PM »
Helo! I'm just new in Voxcommando. I have just discovered this wonderful program and I couldn't wait to make deeper test and quickly buy a licence just few hours later.
I'm impressed about the program. I use it in Spanish and overall performance is very nice.

I must admit, that VoxCommand has pushed my house to a new future... I can control demotics (lights, pool...) just with the voice, create relaxing soft light ambients just by calling them. And start my favorite music with my voice.... Wow... just Sify.

I'll shortly try to install a multimicrofone installation in the house and so on.

I'm just wondering if I can "ask" the system to inform about the currently played song or media  (artist, title, album...) as seen in XBMC, also call tv channels just with the voice and other fantastic feaures already included in other MCE soft.

One more thing. Can you please provide a post with Mediaportal VoxCommand.xml config file to import in the program. I get crazy traying to control MP but the downloaded version didn't include it. Also updates could be included and we can post translations to other languages.

Has some body develop a plugin or setting to have small conversations (iphone SIRI like) with the computer,a sk open questions and thinks like that?

Well, that's all for now.. My computer is waiting a deep conversation... :bonk :bonk

Thanks
Alex

Hi Alex.  Thanks for your comments and questions, and welcome to the forum.

the latest version (0.937) does include a default configuration for MediaPortal, and it includes commands to ask about what is currently playing.
http://voxcommando.com/forum/index.php?topic=704.msg5249#msg5249

If you just want the voicecommands.xml file you can look in the subfolder ...\Resources\configs in the zip file for mediaPortal

There is also support for changing the channel but I do not have a TV tuner so I cannot test this myself.  If there is a user who speaks some english (or french) I can connect to their computer using TeamViewer and help test / configure the channel commands, and share the results on the forum.

if you want to chat with your computer you can use pandorabots.  Open the VC command editor, click the blue planet icon (over the bin) and then drag the group "pandorabot" from the bin to your command tree.  There is currently an english bot and a german bot (zotac).  You can create your own pandorabot in spanish, (or maybe there is one already).  For help creating a pandorabot please go to http://www.pandorabots.com/botmaster/en/home  This is only access by voxCommando, we do not host the bots or provide support for this, but if you get stuck on something you can of course ask here.

There is an area of the forum for XML uploads.  It would be wonderful if you would share your spanish configurations there.  YOu can upload your voicecommands.xml file there and if you want your options.xml

If you only want to share one group of commands you can right-click a group in the editor tree to export it to an xml file.

If you can one day make a video showing multiple microphone setup controlling lights music, etc. and in Spanish that would be really fantastic!

bodiroga

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 18, 2012, 02:53:50 PM »

I'm just wondering if I can "ask" the system to inform about the currently played song or media  (artist, title, album...) as seen in XBMC, also call tv channels just with the voice and other fantastic feaures already included in other MCE soft.

Thanks
Alex

Hi Alex!

It's great to see more spanish people around here ;-) (Although I know you from MediaPortal's forum)

I've attached to my post the configuration I'm using in my VoxCommando installation, you can have a look at it if you want. I have also uploaded a MpTVChannels.xml file (I place it in MpPayloads folder) that contains a table with my TV Channels and their numbers, that I use to change to specific channels using the command "Sintonizar Canal X".

If you have any other question don't hesitate to write it here or send me a PM, I will do my best to help you.

Best regards,

Aitor

PS: What microphone are you using?
« Last Edit: January 18, 2012, 02:57:22 PM by bodiroga »

alexdepalma

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 18, 2012, 05:44:11 PM »
Hi Alex.  Thanks for your comments and questions, and welcome to the forum.

the latest version (0.937) does include a default configuration for MediaPortal, and it includes commands to ask about what is currently playing.
http://voxcommando.com/forum/index.php?topic=704.msg5249#msg5249

If you just want the voicecommands.xml file you can look in the subfolder ...\Resources\configs in the zip file for mediaPortal

There is also support for changing the channel but I do not have a TV tuner so I cannot test this myself.  If there is a user who speaks some english (or french) I can connect to their computer using TeamViewer and help test / configure the channel commands, and share the results on the forum.

if you want to chat with your computer you can use pandorabots.  Open the VC command editor, click the blue planet icon (over the bin) and then drag the group "pandorabot" from the bin to your command tree.  There is currently an english bot and a german bot (zotac).  You can create your own pandorabot in spanish, (or maybe there is one already).  For help creating a pandorabot please go to http://www.pandorabots.com/botmaster/en/home  This is only access by voxCommando, we do not host the bots or provide support for this, but if you get stuck on something you can of course ask here.

There is an area of the forum for XML uploads.  It would be wonderful if you would share your spanish configurations there.  YOu can upload your voicecommands.xml file there and if you want your options.xml

If you only want to share one group of commands you can right-click a group in the editor tree to export it to an xml file.

If you can one day make a video showing multiple microphone setup controlling lights music, etc. and in Spanish that would be really fantastic!

Thanks for your warm receivement. Updating version to 0.937 and translating.
 ;D ;D

alexdepalma

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 18, 2012, 05:55:46 PM »
Hi Alex!

It's great to see more spanish people around here ;-) (Although I know you from MediaPortal's forum)

I've attached to my post the configuration I'm using in my VoxCommando installation, you can have a look at it if you want. I have also uploaded a MpTVChannels.xml file (I place it in MpPayloads folder) that contains a table with my TV Channels and their numbers, that I use to change to specific channels using the command "Sintonizar Canal X".

If you have any other question don't hesitate to write it here or send me a PM, I will do my best to help you.

Best regards,

Hola Aitor!! estás en todas partes!! jajaja

Thanks for your xml they are great, I see you also have some X10 devices!!! lol
One day we have to meet...

I'm using the integrated Logitech webcam microphone on top of my TV but isn't giving perfect results. I need a more complex installation. Any recommendation about this?

I'm testing your config, but I'm unable to load the Tv channels xml. It shows multiple unknown parameters with unknown content (A big list).  :-[    How can I install them? This is an important matter to me. I've seen the content and I can adapt to my Sat and TV needs. ::)

Thanks to you also for your welcome and files.

Agur!!
Alex

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #50 on: January 18, 2012, 06:22:14 PM »

I'm testing your config, but I'm unable to load the Tv channels xml. It shows multiple unknown parameters with unknown content (A big list).  :-[    How can I install them? This is an important matter to me. I've seen the content and I can adapt to my Sat and TV needs. ::)

MpTVChannels.xml  is a payloadXml file so you don't "load" it.  You need to put this file in your MpPayloads folder (as bodiroga mentioned).  Then the voice command will use it to build payloads for you TV channels, mapping the words you say to the correct channel number.

I hope the image helps a bit...
« Last Edit: January 18, 2012, 06:39:34 PM by jitterjames »

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 18, 2012, 06:37:18 PM »
Hola Aitor!! estás en todas partes!! jajaja

Thanks for your xml they are great, I see you also have some X10 devices!!! lol
One day we have to meet...

I'm using the integrated Logitech webcam microphone on top of my TV but isn't giving perfect results. I need a more complex installation. Any recommendation about this?

I'm testing your config, but I'm unable to load the Tv channels xml. It shows multiple unknown parameters with unknown content (A big list).  :-[    How can I install them? This is an important matter to me. I've seen the content and I can adapt to my Sat and TV needs. ::)

Thanks to you also for your welcome and files.

Agur!!
Alex
Hi Alex, welcome in VC forum, something about microphones you can find in our Wiki tutorial. Click on Wiki button on the top of forumpage.

Greetings Kalle
***********  get excited and make things  **********

alexdepalma

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 18, 2012, 06:50:10 PM »
MpTVChannels.xml  is a payloadXml file so you don't "load" it.  You need to put this file in your MpPayloads folder (as bodiroga mentioned).  Then the voice command will use it to build payloads for you TV channels, mapping the words you say to the correct channel number.

I hope the image helps a bit...

WOW! excellent support... again Big Thanks
Just perfect!

bodiroga

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 18, 2012, 10:03:21 PM »

I suppose that with James images you are able to get it working, but if you have any problem I can send you a more detailed explanation ;-) It would be great if James could add the option to build the file automatically reading the data from TVServer's database file  ^-^

Sorry, I can't recommend you any microphone because my current solution is even worst than yours. I'm using a PS2 (usb) microphone that my girlfriend bought to play Ultrastar Deluxe (an open source SingStar game for PC)!!!! :D :D :D :D It is, somehow, working, but I had to reduce the required confidence to 60% because in a completely silent room -2 a.m.- at a distance of 20 cm I was not able to get more than a 70% of confidence. I'm thinking of buying one of the following mics:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001TGTDFM/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?ie=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER
http://www.amazon.com/CAD-U7-Desktop-Condenser-Recording/dp/B001AIQGTK/ref=pd_sim_MI_17

My favorite is the first one but, including shipping and taxes, it costs 100€ ($128) so I'm not sure to spend so much money in something that I don't know how well will it works. I've read here that the microphone is very good, but who knows, it has to be really good to worth that money. James, do you know any other open air microphone that works great for that money (and no, I'm not going to buy the amulet remote :D)? Alex, what level of confidence do you get with the webcam microphone?

Many thanks for your help and welcome again to this community Alex, I'm sure that you are going to love VoxCommando!

Best regards,

Aitor