Author Topic: Mediaportal Support  (Read 33045 times)

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
Re: Mediaportal Support
« Reply #30 on: October 19, 2011, 07:43:14 PM »
Ok, will have a look at training on the weekend ;)
The only thing from the help that didn't work as I expect it to is "finde ungesehene episoden von x" (find unwatched episodes of x). This always takes me to the series overview, but not to the details of a series ...

Hi Shukuyen, ich habe die Befehle mit einem ASUS HS1000W Headset getestet und habe bis auf ein paar Ausnahmen immer 80%+
Erkennungsrate. Im Deutschen funktionieren Phrasen aus mehreren Worten am besten, versuche mal die Phrasen noch etwas anzupassen.

Gruß Kalle
***********  get excited and make things  **********

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #31 on: October 19, 2011, 11:06:05 PM »
Ok, will have a look at training on the weekend ;)
The only thing from the help that didn't work as I expect it to is "finde ungesehene episoden von x" (find unwatched episodes of x). This always takes me to the series overview, but not to the details of a series ...

Are you running MediaPortal and VC on the same machine?  did you create the "Vox" view in MPTVSeries as described here?

http://voxcommando.com/forum/index.php?topic=614.msg4440#msg4440

shango

• $upporter
  • No English flag :(
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 26, 2011, 08:28:50 AM »
Hi, new member, been playing around with VC on Mediaportal and I think it's great so far, was just wondering if you will be maintaining the Mediaportal support though as I've seen you mention there has not been much interest so far, I'd like to purchase a license but as I will use it only with Mediaportal it would not be worth it to me if it is not maintained and I find a couple months down the line it doesn't work with a new version of mediaportal or one of it's plugins.

Also seen mentioned that it has not really been promoted to the mediaportal comunity, I myself have not seen a mention of it on the forums over there, I think this would definately boost it's MP users.

Thanks
Shane

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #33 on: December 26, 2011, 09:18:53 AM »
Hi Shane,

Welcome to the forum.  I am pleased to see more interest in from a MediaPortal user.

I will maintain support for the existing MP features in VC, and in any case I think it's very unlikely that anything will change in MediaPortal 1 drastically enough to introduce any real problems for us.  I can't make any promises at the moment for MediaPortal 2.  I don't know anything about MediaPortal 2 but I suspect it is a radical change from MediaPortal 1.  The first thing that would have to be done is the MpWifi plugin would need to be updated, and although it is open source, it will make more sense to let the original developers adapt it to mp2 if they are willing.

In any case, although the alpha of MediaPortal 2 seems to be out it will probably be a long time before it is really a good idea to switch over.

If you are aware of any areas that I need to fix or improve please let me know.  I am happy to get feedback.  I am aware of the current limitations interfacing with TV-Series, but I"m not sure what to do about that without support from the developers of that plugin.

In the new year I will try to take another look at MediaPortal, maybe clean some things up and post some information on the MP forums.  Feel free to blow our horn for us though, since the more people you can bring over the more MP improvements you can expect to get.

shango

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 26, 2011, 09:47:38 AM »
Hi, thanks for reply

I think mediaportal 2 is a long way off yet, but i'm sure the devs of the wifi plugin will be developing it for MP2 as it is required for the aMPdroid remote for android and I believe this is something the are putting a lot of time into.

I was going to ask about the TV Series interfacing as I am having problems with that, from what you said this is due to VC needing an update to the MPTVSeries plugin?

If so I will make a request in their forums for VC support. They may require a certain amount of requests though to implement it depending on the complexity of adding it I guess.

Once I've played around with it a bit more I will make a thread on the MP forums so people can see VC and hopefully get some more interest.

In ref to the TV series compatability, presumably you would need help from the devs of any other plugins for similar compatability, MvCentral (music videos) etc for these to work with VC?

MP set up does have it's problems but with the right plugins and some decent hours configuring it is very powerfull Media center. I did try XBMC for the 1st time though the other day and was impressed by it's out of the box abilities.

Cheers Shane

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #35 on: December 26, 2011, 10:05:50 AM »
this is the basic feature we are looking for, so please vote for it, and maybe leave a comment.

http://code.google.com/p/mptvseries/issues/detail?id=526&colspec=ID%20Type%20Status%20Priority%20Stars%20Milestone%20Owner%20Summary

shango

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 26, 2011, 10:08:06 AM »
Yeah just noticed it in the other thread and cast my vote.

shango

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 30, 2011, 04:48:57 PM »
This has now been bumped to high priority.

Milestone 3.2.0

Current version 3.1.3

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #38 on: December 30, 2011, 05:43:47 PM »
This has now been bumped to high priority.

Milestone 3.2.0

Current version 3.1.3

Excellent news!  Once they add this to the TVSeries plugin I will definitely revisit the plugin, get that functionality wired up and do some more testing.  So the future for MP / VC users looks bright!

shango

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 02, 2012, 08:08:02 AM »
Great news on the TV plugin update.

Another plugin I use is MVCentral for music videos.

This is based on the code from tvseries and moving pictures plugins, would this need additional features added by the devs? I'll make the request if it does.

Cheers

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #40 on: January 02, 2012, 08:38:19 AM »
yes, at the very least they would need to add a load param like the one in TVSeries so you could specify to open the plugin to a particular video or artist.  I don't really do the music video thing (I just use youtube for it now and then) so I'm not sure if that is all you would need or not.  You could point them to the issue that was just solved in mp-tvseries as a reference.

shango

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 02, 2012, 09:04:43 AM »
OK cheers, The plugin is pretty new and i'm sure he's got more important updates to do anyway but I'll add it to enhancement requests.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #42 on: January 02, 2012, 09:17:57 AM »
OK cheers, The plugin is pretty new and i'm sure he's got more important updates to do anyway but I'll add it to enhancement requests.
Sometimes it is easier to add functionality when something is still new.  It is probably a good idea for him to consider the concept of load parameters in general anyway since this is becoming more of a standard thing in MP.

Post a link here to your issue when you create it so we can vote for it.

shango

• $upporter
    • View Profile

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #44 on: January 10, 2012, 04:46:59 PM »
new version: http://voxcommando.com/forum/index.php?topic=705.0

many new features, many new bugs!