Author Topic: blumoo  (Read 1921 times)

squatingyeti

• View Profile
blumoo
« on: December 13, 2014, 12:26:05 AM »
I think it would be cool to get VC to interact with blumoo. Now I know most people may not have Bluetooth in their PC so the uses would be limited to a small number. My real question is, has anyone heard or see anything of the api from blumoo? They stated after release they would put out the api. I'd rather figure out how to interact with blumoo than get a usbirt thingy lol

nime5ter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Getting Started with VoxCommando
Re: blumoo
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2014, 01:29:27 PM »
Maybe some day in the future.

TIPS: POST VC VERSION #. Explain what you want VC to do. Say what you've tried & what happened, or post a video demo. Attach VC log. Link to instructions followed.  Post your command (xml)

squatingyeti

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2014, 04:31:35 PM »
yeah, what's funny is they actually have a spot set on the website for it. They have not posted it as they stated they would though. This thing has been out for months now. www.blumoo.com/api.html it goes to a blank page they have set aside. I just sent them an email asking about the api as well. Hopefully they'll get back to me next week and shed some light on it. I fear they may go back on that claim though as months later they haven't mentioned it at all.

squatingyeti

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2014, 01:02:47 AM »
They actually replied already stating the project evolved beyond the original ideas to a full universal remote. Therefore they wouldn't be sharing the ir stuff as it's licensed (which I don't really care about as I just want to try to communicate with it). However they did send me the Bluetooth api  8) it is attached for anyone that has any interest. Now, who knows of a good source to read up on how I can work with this info?

EDIT: oops, attached the wrong thing. Fixed
« Last Edit: December 14, 2014, 01:08:30 AM by squatingyeti »

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2014, 09:20:02 AM »
Good luck with this.  I think this would be very difficult to set up, unless you can find a third party program for windows that can bridge the Bluetooth with some kind of command line or http api.  Either that or you would need to create a plugin for VC which uses some kind of library such as 32feet

There may also be libraries for python available but there is a good chance that they will not work with IronPython.

Then there is the matter of figuring out the command protocol, which does not exactly look like a barrel of laughs.  ::yuck

squatingyeti

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2014, 12:52:11 PM »
Right, figuring out that command protocol might cause one to commit seppuku. I was hoping they'd give me something a little more straightforward instead of, here's this, good luck chump. I will try to see if there is some way to intercept the commands sent by their app lol. Maybe something I can do rooted, but most likely not. Interest for usbirt increasing...

squatingyeti

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2014, 06:56:08 PM »
Well, I've decompiled the blumoo apk for android. The journey begins.