Author Topic: Moving VC From One PC to Another PC  (Read 857 times)

pmdaniels73

• $upporter
    • View Profile
Moving VC From One PC to Another PC
« on: April 12, 2014, 04:25:43 AM »
I have been building my command tree on a computer that has the trial version of VC on it. What would be the fastest and easiest way to move my tree over to he computer that has the full paid version of VC on it?

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
Re: Moving VC From One PC to Another PC
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2014, 05:07:39 AM »
You can copy the whole VC folder to your registered pc.
***********  get excited and make things  **********

pmdaniels73

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2014, 06:10:36 AM »
... and thanks once again Kalle!

nime5ter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Getting Started with VoxCommando
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2014, 08:16:56 AM »
Just keep in mind that if, in some of your commands, you refer to payload xml files or other programs using absolute file paths instead of relative paths, you may have to go in and edit those commands to correct the file paths on the new computer.

Also, James usually suggests that people purge their caches and restart VC in these cases as a precaution. http://voxcommando.com/mediawiki/index.php?title=Main_Menu#File

It's not strictly necessary, but it's a good idea -- particularly for people who may have different speech engines on their different computers or who are trying to merge two different command trees (not for newbies!), etc.
TIPS: POST VC VERSION #. Explain what you want VC to do. Say what you've tried & what happened, or post a video demo. Attach VC log. Link to instructions followed.  Post your command (xml)