Author Topic: VC keeps turning off  (Read 964 times)

dagrouch

• View Profile
VC keeps turning off
« on: April 06, 2014, 12:36:56 PM »
Hello All, I'm sure this is an easy fix and discussed plenty on this site but I couldn't find anything when I searched the solution.  My VC keeps changing mode to Standby and then Off.  I am using it for home automation and want it to always be at the ready.  How can I keep the software in the On position?

Thanks

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
Re: VC keeps turning off
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2014, 12:41:23 PM »
It will stay on by default.  So either you've got a setting that is turning it off automatically, or it is detecting a "false positive" voice command and thinks that you are telling it to turn off.

You haven't provided us with any specific information to work with so I can't tell you more than that.

Like it says in my signature "please read the forum rules before posting".

nime5ter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Getting Started with VoxCommando
Re: VC keeps turning off
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2014, 06:59:04 PM »
Try to pay attention to what the history panel in the main window says is happening as well, when Vox is standing by and turning off. That should give you some clue as to what is triggering it -- a command being recognized or some kind of event, etc.

http://voxcommando.com/mediawiki/index.php?title=Getting_Started#Understanding_the_main_window_interface

TIPS: POST VC VERSION #. Explain what you want VC to do. Say what you've tried & what happened, or post a video demo. Attach VC log. Link to instructions followed.  Post your command (xml)