Author Topic: Error When Launching VC  (Read 3546 times)

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
Re: Error When Launching VC
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2014, 02:40:59 AM »
Hmm, did you mean this command group? http://voxcommando.com/forum/index.php?topic=870.msg7149#msg7149
If yes, you need a android device with installed VoxWav app which you will find in the "google playstore" and also the TcpMic plugin in VC must be activated.

If you want use "ducking" without a android device, you can test the following command group which will softmute xbmc and mediamonkey when your VC is in standby and you speak the prefix first. After the spoken command, VC will softunmute XBMC and Mediamonkey. You can drag and drop the command group code from here direct in your VC commandtree editor.

Code: [Select]
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-16"?>
<commandGroup open="True" name="VC prefix start-end" enabled="True" prefix="" priority="0" requiredProcess="" description="">
  <command id="257" name="start prefix event" enabled="true" alwaysOn="False" confirm="False" requiredConfidence="0" loop="False" loopDelay="0" loopMax="0" description="">
    <if ifBlockDisabled="False" ifNot="False">
      <ifType>ProcessRunning</ifType>
      <ifParams>MediaMonkey&amp;&amp;</ifParams>
      <then>
        <action>
          <cmdType>MM.SoftMute</cmdType>
          <cmdString>10</cmdString>
          <cmdRepeat>1</cmdRepeat>
        </action>
      </then>
      <else />
    </if>
      <ifParams>XBMC&amp;&amp;</ifParams>
      <then>
        <action>
          <cmdType>XJson.SoftMute</cmdType>
          <cmdString>60</cmdString>
          <cmdRepeat>1</cmdRepeat>
        </action>
      </then>
      <else />
    </if>
    <event>VC.Prefix.Start</event>
  </command>
  <command id="341" name="end prefix event" enabled="true" alwaysOn="False" confirm="False" requiredConfidence="0" loop="False" loopDelay="0" loopMax="0" description="">
      <ifParams>MediaMonkey&amp;&amp;</ifParams>
      <then>
        <action>
          <cmdType>MM.SoftUnmute</cmdType>
          <cmdString />
          <cmdRepeat>1</cmdRepeat>
        </action>
      </then>
      <else />
    </if>
      <ifParams>XBMC&amp;&amp;</ifParams>
      <then>
        <action>
          <cmdType>XJson.SoftUnMute</cmdType>
          <cmdString />
          <cmdRepeat>1</cmdRepeat>
        </action>
      </then>
      <else />
    </if>
    <event>VC.Prefix.End</event>
  </command>
</commandGroup>
***********  get excited and make things  **********

pmdaniels73

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2014, 05:58:32 AM »
I figured out the xml files. I had to click file and open once i clicked edit in the vox screen. Took a while but I got it. Thanks guys and gals

nime5ter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Getting Started with VoxCommando
« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2014, 07:33:24 AM »
If you click File > Open in the command tree editor and then browse to the xml files of interest, VC will open a second MDI window (http://voxcommando.com/mediawiki/index.php?title=MDI_editor_interface) and import the commands there. Then you can drag that command group into your main tree. So you did that over and over for the various command groups?

But that should not be necessary. It should have worked for you like this: http://www.screencast.com/t/VxJI8BC1LyE

It's still not clear to me whether you were seeing specific messages or not when you tried -- without success -- to drag the files directly into your tree, as per the messages in the link above.

Anyhow, as long as you found a solution that works for you.
TIPS: POST VC VERSION #. Explain what you want VC to do. Say what you've tried & what happened, or post a video demo. Attach VC log. Link to instructions followed.  Post your command (xml)

pmdaniels73

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2014, 12:48:34 PM »
Naomi,

This is exactly what I tried over and over and over. I was not able to get it to work this way.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2014, 02:02:17 PM »
Let's just end it here.  This thread is going nowhere.

This thread was originally about having trouble running VC on windows 8

You never told us if you got that sorted, but I guess you must have if you are trying to import xml groups.

pmdaniels73

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2014, 02:50:27 PM »
Sorry James. I guess this thread did get a little off track. When I run as admin I just get  message asking if I want to let VC control my computer. But yes it works fine when I click "ok" on that message. So all is good with that.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2014, 03:40:34 PM »
Thanks for letting us know.  You may be able to avoid this by either:

- changing the location of your VC install folder (e.g. to c:\Voxcommando\install01) instead of putting it on the desktop
- disabling UAC (user account control)
- making sure your account that you sign in to windows with is an administrative account.

Of course the 2nd and 3rd options are theoretically reducing the security of your system, but it is how I prefer to use Windows.  The first option (changing the folder) is a long shot but is probably a better location anyway.

This appear to be a windows 8 bug that only affects certain users.  For some reason Windows decides that it won't give us access to the speech recognition engines without having elevated privileges.  I have no idea why it does that.  It does not make any sense, and has never been an issue with Windows 7.  Probably someone at Microsoft made a mistake when trying to plug up some other security hole.  I am not aware of any way that we can get around it other than to run with elevated privileges.  The best I was able to do in the programming was to detect the situation and provide a meaningful error message which suggests a solution.