Author Topic: VoxWavPro on Moto 360  (Read 2808 times)

Styxman

• View Profile
VoxWavPro on Moto 360
« on: August 12, 2015, 08:16:38 AM »
Just picked up my Moto 360 (Android 5.1.1 installed).  Has anyone used VoxWavPro with it?  I've read the thread about using the autowear/autovoice/tasker combination, but would love to use VoxWavPro.  Seems a great way to communication with VC anywhere in the house.  Any thoughts / recommendations?  Thank you.

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
Re: VoxWavPro on Moto 360
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2015, 08:43:45 AM »
You can try to install VoxWav free and if it works fine the Pro version. I don't know if the Moto 360 has WiFi to connect to your network.
***********  get excited and make things  **********

Styxman

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2015, 09:02:12 AM »
Kalle - Thanks for your quick reply.  I think I watched your video form a while ago when you used VoxWav on a smartwatch to control VC...very cool.  I already own VoxWav Pro and it's installed and working on my cell phone.  Also yes, the Moto 360 has wifi and is connected to my home network, so should work.  I have a stupid question....how the heck did you get VoxWav onto the watch?  Thanks again.

Dave

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2015, 09:52:45 AM »
The Moto 360 does not run Android 5! It's running with Android Wear and you won't be able to run VoxWav on it. All Android Wear watches need special Wear-optimized apps. Kalles watch has a "real" Android installed on it, so he was able to use VoxWav with it.

At the moment there is no other solution than the Tasker+AutoVoice method to use your Android Wear watch with VC. But in my opinion this method works quite well. (I'm using it with an LG G Watch)

Styxman

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2015, 10:34:25 AM »
Thanks Dave...I thought that might be the case.  I'll give the tasker+autovoice a shot.  Thanks for the clarification.

songoffire

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2015, 04:23:50 PM »
I would love to hear what you find out, I also have a Moto360 I am trying to get to work with VoxWav/Tasker.  Thanks!

JonPeyton

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2015, 05:50:13 AM »
My Moto 360 performs admirably with autovoice and autowear commands,great for making calls , sending texts ect.Is there a Vox "Wear" app on the horizon ?   

nime5ter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Getting Started with VoxCommando
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2015, 08:23:40 AM »
No, but you can do what Dave describes above -- use the Autovoice/Tasker combo on your watch/phone to communicate with VoxCommando.

Wiki documentation: http://voxcommando.com/mediawiki/index.php?title=Using_Tasker_with_VoxCommando
TIPS: POST VC VERSION #. Explain what you want VC to do. Say what you've tried & what happened, or post a video demo. Attach VC log. Link to instructions followed.  Post your command (xml)

JonPeyton

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2015, 02:37:24 PM »
ah capitol!
much obliged Nime5ter!
 :)