Author Topic: VoxWav on the Google Play "App" Store  (Read 16039 times)

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
VoxWav on the Google Play "App" Store
« on: August 18, 2012, 02:37:55 PM »
https://play.google.com/store/search?q=jitterjames

VoxWav is available in a "Pro" version which is about $5.00 Canadian but there is also a "Free" version which has advertising and some feature limitations.

More information on setup, as well as a comparison between VoxWav Pro and voxWav Free can be found at the VoxWav Wiki found here:

http://voxcommando.com/mediawiki/index.php?title=VoxWav
« Last Edit: March 31, 2015, 04:59:01 PM by nime5ter »

ajith

• $upporter
  • Contributor
    • View Profile
Re: VoxWav on the Google Play "App" Store
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2012, 01:43:00 AM »
Does the pro version on Google Play currently have more features than the VW 1.6 that you've attached at http://voxcommando.com/forum/index.php?topic=887.0

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2012, 01:51:16 AM »
Does the pro version on Google Play currently have more features than the VW 1.6 that you've attached at http://voxcommando.com/forum/index.php?topic=887.0

Hi ajith, I think it is the same (you are one of the betatester)  ;)
***********  get excited and make things  **********

ajith

• $upporter
  • Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2012, 02:39:38 AM »
Hi ajith, I think it is the same (you are one of the betatester)  ;)

Okay  :)

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2012, 08:38:10 AM »
It's currently the same version.  The next version will be new and after that hopefully you'll be able to use auto-updates.

RVB

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2012, 10:46:29 PM »
I'm trying to get the voxwav microphone android app to work on my Nexus 7. I read all the posts and tried them all to no avail, still Network error message.
Can't find a simple direction on how to get this going. This is my last gasp before I give up. Seems like it sure is difficult to get a grip on this especially with no guide. So if someone would be so kind as to help with some simple easy to follow directions I would be appreciated. Thanks!

xtermin8r

• $upporter
  • Crunchie
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2012, 11:15:46 PM »
Hi RVB

Welcome to the forum, unfortunately James (creator of VoxWav) is not here at the moment.
I'm 100% sure, as soon as he sees your post he will respond.
Neural Net Based Artificial Intelligence.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2012, 02:29:16 AM »
I'm trying to get the voxwav microphone android app to work on my Nexus 7. I read all the posts and tried them all to no avail, still Network error message.
Can't find a simple direction on how to get this going. This is my last gasp before I give up. Seems like it sure is difficult to get a grip on this especially with no guide. So if someone would be so kind as to help with some simple easy to follow directions I would be appreciated. Thanks!

Hi RVB, welcome to the forum.  :)

The VoxWav app is still very new and largely under development.  Hopefully one day I will be able to devise a method that is a bit more foolproof.  We have not put together a comprehensive guide yet.  There is no "simple" explanation because it is not simple to set up, especially if you do not have much network experience.  Kalle has done a pretty good guide though and I suggest you try that:

http://voxcommando.com/forum/index.php?topic=873.msg7172#msg7172

If that doesn't work you need to give us more information, so we can help you.

- What version of VoxWave are you using?
- What version of VoxCommando ?  (ok not really relevant as this point but it's always best to include this info just in case)
- What exactly is the network error that you are getting?  There are different messages you can get that will give us a clue as to the problem.
-  If you access your network share from another computer on the network, what is the full path as seen in the address bar?  for example it will be something like this...

\\bigpc\myshare\mywavfolder

- If you access this folder from another computer on the network, using the same user account that you are using with VoxWav, can you create files and folders within the share?  It is important to verify that you have write access to the folder.

Are you sharing this folder using an account with a password, or creating a share for "everyone"?

What network settings did you enter into the VoxWav samba configuration for:

Host:
path:
Username:
Password:

Obviously you don't need to tell us your password, but we need to know if you are using one.  If you are not 100% of the IP address of the host you can enter the name of the host, or you can use ping to get the IP.  From the command line in windows type ping myhostname and it will come back with the ip address.

Please provide as much information as possible or we won't be able to offer you any useful advise.  Answer all these questions and anything else you think might be relevant.

Sorry it is not easier to set up at this point, but we have to start somewhere.  It is actually pretty simple to set up if you "know what you are doing", but I guess that is true of most things.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2012, 02:55:35 AM by jitterjames »

claymic

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2012, 07:48:29 PM »
Ok, this is another great news.
Thanks James.

ajith

• $upporter
  • Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2012, 02:54:15 AM »
James,

I bought VoxWax Pro  ;D

Here's how the Phrases screen looks in my Galaxy S2:

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0By_tFQrgDNf9TS1DX21HMXZad2M

It is working great. A few suggestions, though, if implemented, would be nice -

1. Reduce the text size in the Groups panel so that at least some group names don't wrap, making it appear on a single line. Presently, even the smallest of words are getting wrapped (eg., "XBMC")
2. Make multiple groups selectable simultaneously, i.e., change the Radio buttons against the Groups to Check-boxes (this would of course mean that the results should be the summation of Phrases from all selected Groups).
3. Move the check-boxes against the phrases to the right of the phrase-button.
4. On the main screen of VW, let the last 5 or 10 recognised commands be shown, instead of just one as is being done now. This should be like a regular history list (in chronological order). That way, one need not switch to the Phrases window and search for a recently used command.

So what do you think?

-Ajith

« Last Edit: September 01, 2012, 10:39:47 AM by ajith »

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2012, 03:29:52 PM »
 Thanks Ajith,  :)   :)

1. Reduce the text size in the Groups panel so that at least some group names don't wrap, making it appear on a single line. Presently, even the smallest of words are getting wrapped (eg., "XBMC")
2. Make multiple groups selectable simultaneously, i.e., change the Radio buttons against the Groups to Check-boxes (this would of course mean that the results should be the summation of Phrases from all selected Groups).
3. Move the check-boxes against the phrases to the right of the phrase-button.
4. On the main screen of VW, let the last 5 or 10 recognised commands be shown, instead of just one as is being done now. This should be like a regular history list (in chronological order). That way, one need not switch to the Phrases window and search for a recently used command.

1 - OK
2 - OK working on it
3 - Why?
4 - Good idea. Still thinking about this and other related options

ajith

• $upporter
  • Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2012, 06:15:54 AM »
>> 1 - OK
>> 2 - OK working on it
>> 4 - Good idea. Still thinking about this and other related options

>> 3. Why?

For consistency. To make all check-boxes appear on the right of their corresponding text.
Also, if/when you change the Group-selection Radio-buttons to Check-boxes, then the Phrase-selection check-boxes will be in close proximity to the Group-check-boxes, all of them bunched up together.

This isn't very important though. I just made a note from a user-experience perspective.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2012, 09:07:19 AM »
OK thanks.  I'm moving the boxes on the groups to the left.

ajith

• $upporter
  • Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2012, 02:14:21 PM »
That is fine too :)

RVB

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2012, 12:03:03 AM »
Thanks all for the welcome.
Let me give you some nfo on how to help me.
Using ver .956
Free ver of android app
My biggest problem and may be the only one is the user name and password, what is it asking for?
Set up a folder for wavwatcherfolder.
My ip address is for the computer, right ie. 192.168.0.3
I set the path as C:\\voxcommando\wavwatchfolder, as is the setting in the options in VC
Now message says Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password.
Sounds like the network is set right but I don't know of any user name or password.
Is it the user of the computer?
Still don't know what password is being asked for though.
Guess I'll leave it there and see what you come up with.
Thanks!

claymic

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2012, 07:19:15 AM »
James
Just for curiosity.
I have a little delay using the version Pro when i send a coomand, is it normal ?
Compared with the version 1.4.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2012, 08:28:13 AM »
No.  I can't think of any reason why it would be slower.  Obviously there must be some delay while the file transfers.

On my wireless-N network, short commands are almost instant, even with 44khz setting.

Can you determine when the delay is occurring, in the chain of events?

Is it

- before mic turns on
- before file transfer starts
- time to copy to network share
- time for VC to process the wave

If it is the last option, try to restart VC

How long is the delay? Same with all you devices?

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2012, 10:21:46 AM »
Thanks all for the welcome.
Let me give you some nfo on how to help me.
Using ver .956
Free ver of android app
My biggest problem and may be the only one is the user name and password, what is it asking for?
Set up a folder for wavwatcherfolder.
My ip address is for the computer, right ie. 192.168.0.3
I set the path as C:\\voxcommando\wavwatchfolder, as is the setting in the options in VC
Now message says Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password.
Sounds like the network is set right but I don't know of any user name or password.
Is it the user of the computer?
Still don't know what password is being asked for though.
Guess I'll leave it there and see what you come up with.
Thanks!

Yes, it is the username and password of the windows user account that the folder is shared to.  When you share a folder in windows you need to specify which accounts have access to the folder and what permissions they have. If you have set up file sharing with no password (as described in Kalle's post that I gave you the link for) then you can leave password blank in VoxWav settings, but I generally recommend that you share your folders using a password protected account.  I also recommend that you always use a password on ANY windows account, especially if it is an administrator account.

The path you have entered in VoxCommando is not correct.  C:\\voxcommando\wavwatchfolder
There should not be a double \ after C:

You have to share your folder or it won't work.  Search google or youtube for windows file sharing, or follow Kalle's guide.

ajith

• $upporter
  • Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2012, 10:55:30 AM »
James,

VW auto-updated on my Samsung S2 to version 1.71 :)

Nice to see my pet peeves addressed  ;D

Everything is working fine, except for one funny thing: The Group-selection check-boxes seem to have a life of their own when it comes to selection/de-selection!
As I select a series of Groups, the actual "tap" follows one step behind, like a ghost is following me :D
So, upon tapping on a Group to select/de-select it, the actual action of selection/de-selection happens to the previous Group that I had tapped on, leaving the state of the current one unchanged!
I hope you got what I'm trying to explain. If not, let me know and I'll upload a video of this check-box dance somewhere and post a link :D

-Ajith

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2012, 11:31:18 AM »
I think I know what you mean, but I tested on two devices and did not see this behaviour.  I think you have both an Android phone and a tab.  Can you please confirm which models exhibit this behaviour?  Thanks.

Also, please check the following:  If you click "all groups" twice, do you then see the correct phrases?  (This would serve both as a clue to me, and also as a temporary work-around for you if it works.)

ajith

• $upporter
  • Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2012, 12:16:38 PM »
The odd behaviour I reported is on the Galaxy S2 phone.

And up until now, I hadn't tried version 1.71 on the Tab. Now that I did try it, I find the Tab does not have this problem. Everything is as expected on the Tab.

>> If you click "all groups" twice, do you then see the correct phrases?

On the Galaxy S2 -
Tapping on "SHOW ALL" once (when a few other Groups are shown as selected, but not "SHOW ALL" itself) selects the "SHOW ALL" check-box correctly, as expected, greying out all the rest of the Groups, and all phrases are shown.
Repeating the tap on "SHOW ALL" (second tap) de-selects the "SHOW ALL" check-box, "un-greys" the rest of the Groups, and the phrases belonging to the previously selected Groups alone are shown.

As far as I can tell, the "SHOW ALL" check-box is behaving correctly even on the S2.
Also, on the S2, the phrases shown at any point in time is always the summation of the selected Groups, again, as expected. By selected, I mean the ones that actually have a tick-mark in the check-boxes against them.

The issue is only that, when I actually tap on the Groups, the check-boxes select themselves in a seemingly random fashion (not exactly random, but following the pattern I described previously).
So when I tap on a Group, the intended Group's check-box doesn't change state, but the check-box against the Group I had tapped just prior to the current one, does.

ajith

• $upporter
  • Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 04, 2012, 12:21:28 PM »
James,

VoxWav 1.71's UI on the Tab with its 10.1 inch display looks awesome, BTW  :)

I'll post a screen-shot once I add some more phrases by speaking them one-by-one  ;D

claymic

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 04, 2012, 01:40:50 PM »
No.  I can't think of any reason why it would be slower.  Obviously there must be some delay while the file transfers.

On my wireless-N network, short commands are almost instant, even with 44khz setting.

Can you determine when the delay is occurring, in the chain of events?

Is it

- before mic turns on
- before file transfer starts
- time to copy to network share
- time for VC to process the wave

If it is the last option, try to restart VC

How long is the delay? Same with all you devices?
James
I think the problem is not with VoxWav, my bad.
I test using IRule to control xbmc and get the same delay, 2 seconds. There is something wrong here, i dont know what yet.
Thanks for your support.
Clayton

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 04, 2012, 01:55:27 PM »
James
I think the problem is not with VoxWav, my bad.
I test using IRule to control xbmc and get the same delay, 2 seconds. There is something wrong here, i dont know what yet.
Thanks for your support.
Clayton
Hi Clayton, reboot your systems - sometimes it helps. Take a look in your taskmanager (processes an d network)

claymic

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 04, 2012, 02:02:52 PM »
Thanks Kalle, i will try.
I think there is something wrong with my wireless network. I just test with my ipod, using CommandFusion, same thing.
Later i will reset the modem to see if anything change, i cant do this right now.
Clayton

RVB

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 04, 2012, 02:19:17 PM »
Made a little progress jitterjames.
Fixed the"\" issue, entered my computers user name and made a password that was entered into the Nexus 7.
Now the message is "Network Error" Network name cannot be found.
Is this the router name?
If so where does it get entered on my Nexus?
Isn't the host my conputer?
Please straighten me out here.

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 04, 2012, 03:40:12 PM »
Made a little progress jitterjames.
Fixed the"\" issue, entered my computers user name and made a password that was entered into the Nexus 7.
Now the message is "Network Error" Network name cannot be found.
Is this the router name?
If so where does it get entered on my Nexus?
Isn't the host my conputer?
Please straighten me out here.
Hi RVB, I'm trying to help you step by step: Did your computer have a password to login to Windows? If not, create one!

Settings on your pc:

1. Computer name = Host name or IP-address of your computer (you can find the name if you open the explorer and a right click on "computer" then "properties"

[attachment=1]

2. create a folder on your "host" computer and named e.g. "wavwatchfolder" (it does not matter in which directory you create these folder, you can use the VC directory)

[attachment=2]

3. right click on the "wavwatchfolder" ->"properties"->"sharing" and share it. (If you won't use a account and password read my first post in this thread http://voxcommando.com/forum/index.php?topic=873.0)

4. in VC you must set the the path to the "wavwatchfolder"

[attachment=3]

Settings in VoxWav:

Host: yourcomputername

Path: wavwatchfolder

Username: Your user name to access your Windows computer

Password: Your password to access your Windows computer

Enable UDP: marked

Please test all these settings and let me know if it helps
« Last Edit: September 05, 2012, 06:52:02 AM by Kalle »

ajith

• $upporter
  • Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 04, 2012, 04:21:28 PM »

RVB

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 06, 2012, 08:48:33 PM »
James
Host is set as BobBurns-PC as per your last post
Path wavwatchfolder
User Name Bob Burns
Password windows7
Result Failed to connect:BobBurns-PC/69.16.143.24
Also made sure voxwav set as \\BobBurns-PC\wavwatchfolder
Thanks for the help, getting frustrated though.

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 07, 2012, 03:37:31 AM »
James
Path wavwatchfolder
User Name Bob Burns
Password windows7
Hi RVB, is 69.16.143.24 your host IP-address? It looks like a IP from a internet provider. In a private network mostly the IP is 192.168.x.x

please check your network IP address: click on startbutton in windows taskbar ->type: CMD in the search field and press return. A window with a prompt is open -> type here: ipconfig /all and press return
It show you the hostname and used IP addresses

[attachment=1]

ajith

• $upporter
  • Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 07, 2012, 10:58:51 AM »
>> So when I tap on a Group, the intended Group's check-box doesn't change state, but the check-box against the Group I had tapped just prior to the current one, does.

Yippee!! VoxWav 1.72 fixes my check box problems :)
Thanks, James :)

« Last Edit: September 07, 2012, 11:07:33 AM by ajith »

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #33 on: September 07, 2012, 11:55:34 AM »
James
Path wavwatchfolder
User Name Bob Burns
Password windows7

I recommend you install es file explorer on your android first to make sure you have correctly set up a share with write permissions which can be access from your android.

The wavwatch path that you set up in VoxCommando should be a local path such as c:\voxcommando\wavs

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 07, 2012, 01:31:00 PM »
VoxWav 1.72 works great, thanks James  :clap

ajith

• $upporter
  • Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 08, 2012, 11:44:02 PM »
In VW, if I navigate from Groups Panel to main screen and back to Groups Panel, I am losing the Groups selection I made before. It resets back to "ALL GROUPS".
Is this by design? Shouldn't it retain the Groups selection?

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #36 on: September 09, 2012, 08:21:47 PM »
it is by design :)

ajith

• $upporter
  • Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 10, 2012, 10:44:40 AM »
Hmm... I find it a little tiresome to re-select my frequently used Groups each time...

RVB

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 11, 2012, 12:43:54 PM »
I recommend you install es file explorer on your android first to make sure you have correctly set up a share with write permissions which can be access from your android.

The wavwatch path that you set up in VoxCommando should be a local path such as c:\voxcommando\wavs

Hey James,
Changed the Host name from BobBurns-PC to the ip address of 192.168.0.3
I don't undertand why it would make any difference if either one works as the app asks for but whatever.
Now it says "network name cannot be found"
Have wavwatchfolder entered as path. Computer path is C:\voxcommando\wavwatcherfolder
Windows password is entered correctly.
User is still Bob Burns

P.S What is an es file you refered to?

Thanks!

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #39 on: September 11, 2012, 04:17:42 PM »
Hey James,
Changed the Host name from BobBurns-PC to the ip address of 192.168.0.3
I don't undertand why it would make any difference if either one works as the app asks for but whatever.
Now it says "network name cannot be found"
Have wavwatchfolder entered as path. Computer path is C:\voxcommando\wavwatcherfolder
Windows password is entered correctly.
User is still Bob Burns

P.S What is an es file you refered to?

Thanks!
If you get the message "network name cannot be found" then you have set something wrong and the android cannot see the windows PC on the network.  It is probably one of these:
- you are using the wrong IP address
- your have not enabled file sharing on the windows PC
- your firewall is blocking you
- your Android and Windows computer are not on the same network.

In my previous message I actually said "I recommend you install es file explorer on your android".  Rather than asking me what it is,why not take two seconds to google "es file explorer" ?  :bonk

The first hurdle is to set up filesharing on your Windows computer correctly so that other machines on your LAN (local area network) can access it.  Do you have more than one computer on the network?  If you do, then you should try to connect to the shared folder from one of your other computers first to make sure you have a working network and share.

If you want, I can try to help you using a screen sharing program called "TeamViewer".  If so, send me a PM with your email address.

I am working on a new version of VoxWav that will not use the filesharing, but will instead send the data diretly through TCP so you may just want to wait for that.  I think it will be ready for testing within a week.

However you will still need a working LAN with both the windows PC and your android connected to it.  If you are using XBMC with VoxCommando then you are probably OK.

mparks

• $upporter
  • Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 12, 2012, 01:36:52 AM »
I would also suggest that if he has not done so already, installs a ping app on his Android and try to ping the IP.

Looking forward to trying the TCP version...  ;D

vulcanjedi

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 29, 2014, 12:33:48 PM »
I've been through the VC install/options wiki as well as the VoxWav wiki.
The VC install says to leave the directory watch blank.
The VoxWav doesn't mention.
This thread seems to suggest its still required, not sure if that's changed from the initial deployments
http://voxcommando.com/mediawiki/index.php?title=Options#Directory_Watcher
Is the shared (directory watched) wav folder a requirement for VoxWav still? theVoxWav wiki doesn't really mention it so wasn't sure its been obsoleted?

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #42 on: April 29, 2014, 01:05:11 PM »
The VC install says to leave the directory watch blank.
What do you mean by "The VC install says" and where does it mention leaving the "directory watch blank"?

This thread seems to suggest its still required, not sure if that's changed from the initial deployments
Is the shared (directory watched) wav folder a requirement for VoxWav still? theVoxWav wiki doesn't really mention it so wasn't sure its been obsoleted?
This thread is almost 2 years old.  The watch folder is no longer required, we use the TcpMic plugin instead.

Please just follow the VoxWav wiki.  It is the most up to date reference at the moment.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #43 on: April 29, 2014, 01:29:14 PM »
The wiki talks about the directory watcher setting at the link you provided:

This is simply describing this option, but not in the context of installing VoxCommando or making any connection to VoxWav.  It is still possible to use this option if you want, if you have some other program which creates wav files and saves them into a local folder, then VC can automatically detect this new file, open it, and analyze the audio for voice commands.  But it no longer has anything to do with VoxWav which streams audio directly from the Android app to your TcpMic plugin.

vulcanjedi

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 29, 2014, 02:01:55 PM »
Cool I was under the impression the TCPMic plugin no longer required it, just having some performance issues so wasn't sure I needed to revisit the directory watch or not. Just wanted to be sure, thanks for the clarification!

Sinbe

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 23, 2014, 09:42:42 AM »
I'll just use this thread as it's no a big issue. I have VoxWav Pro running on my Android 4.2 phone and it works fine, but a 5" phone is a bit clumsy to use. It also worked fine on my previous 3.14" Android 2.2 phone until I updated that thing to 4.2 CyanogenMod. Now every time I try to launch the app, it crashes. What makes this interesting is that VW Free works just fine on that phone. Can you think of any reason why this would happen?

Edit: I think I found the reason for this in one of the threads below. Maybe should have checked more carefully first......

Also is it possible to disable the mic listening while VW is receiving. Right now I get the same command twice sometimes.

And one last thing, can you check if it's possible to force the orientation sensor on while screen is off? It used to work on Android <4 but apparently there's a way to do it with the new ones as well. This would allow giving the commands in screen off mode by tilting the phone.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2014, 09:58:36 AM by Sinbe »

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #46 on: June 23, 2014, 02:15:23 PM »
... It also worked fine on my previous 3.14" Android 2.2 phone until I updated that thing to 4.2 CyanogenMod. Now every time I try to launch the app, it crashes. What makes this interesting is that VW Free works just fine on that phone. Can you think of any reason why this would happen?

Edit: I think I found the reason for this in one of the threads below. Maybe should have checked more carefully first......

I can't think of any reason for this but it certainly sounds like a problem with CyanogenMod.  You could try a full uninstall/reinstall of VW.  If you find the reason please let us know.

Also is it possible to disable the mic listening while VW is receiving. Right now I get the same command twice sometimes.

If you look in your VC history window you will see that various events are generated by VoxWav and the TcpMic plugin.  You should be able to use those to turn your regular mic on and off if you like.

Sinbe

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 23, 2014, 06:43:32 PM »
I can't think of any reason for this but it certainly sounds like a problem with CyanogenMod.  You could try a full uninstall/reinstall of VW.  If you find the reason please let us know.
It was because the FW didn't have a TTS engine (saves precious memory on old cheap device). Installing a TTS fixed it.

If you look in your VC history window you will see that various events are generated by VoxWav and the TcpMic plugin.  You should be able to use those to turn your regular mic on and off if you like.
Okay, didn't think of that. I'll try.