Author Topic: Version 0.871  (Read 10906 times)

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
Re: Version 0.871
« Reply #30 on: January 30, 2011, 06:19:40 AM »
the next release (0.872) will operate in demo mode (limited number of commands) until activated.

Would registered users (made a donation already - you know who you are) please email me the following information which you will need to activate:

a valid email address
a username

you can use anything you want for the username, but if you use your forum username it might make things easier.

Thanks!

you can send it to james@voxcommando.com or to my personal email address if you know it.

Hi James,

the Version 0.872 works fine with activation  ;D

Thanks
***********  get excited and make things  **********

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
Re: Version 0.871
« Reply #31 on: January 30, 2011, 05:48:46 PM »

James, one question about the activation:
Voxcommando activation is done once and used for all directories involved in a computer, or a process is being done in each directory where I have installed the vox? I have three different versions of voxcommando in the same computer, one to have a control XBMC, another directory with voxcommando controlling MediaMonkey and a third, which control Windows Media Center.
 I think when we have events, we can unify all these controls in a single directory, I know I could use a prefix to resolve this, and my list of commands is quite large, so do not know what is best left separate or unify?

Sorry Wanilton, I didn't notice this question.  One activation is stored in the registry for each computer.  You can run as many copies of VC on that computer as you want and you don't need to activate each one.  If you want to use VC on another computer in your house that is OK but obviously not at your friend's house.... ;)

Probably the goal will be to unify all into one if you can figure out a way to do it that works for you.  But only if you actually use all those programs.  If you don't really use WMC then you should keep it separate.  Keeping them separate will be the safest easiest solution.

Right now you can assign grammars to work only when a program is in focus by editing the group properties.  With events it will be possible to have even more control.  For example you will be able to choose to have xbmc commands active all the time, except when media monkey is running.

Of course, adding all together, especially if you have many names of songs etc. will require more memory and might run slower.  And when you makes changes it will take longer to reload the first time.