Author Topic: released: New MediaPortal Configuration and VoxCommando 0.936  (Read 18966 times)

shango

• $upporter
  • No English flag :(
    • View Profile
Re: released: New MediaPortal Configuration and VoxCommando 0.936
« Reply #45 on: January 14, 2012, 01:45:43 PM »
Nice one, connects no problem now, also the wifi remote dll works better, no more weird behaviour jumping to lyrics

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #46 on: January 14, 2012, 02:22:50 PM »
yes.  too bad the other calls don't work properly to open series by name or go to movie details page etc.  I think this is a bug in the MediaPortal 1.2.2.0 itself.  I guess we should see about filing a bug report on that...

shango

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 14, 2012, 05:20:18 PM »
I think you are probably better qualified to file the bug report than myself
I wouldn't know what to request  :D . Of course I'll vote if you do.

Tbh tho. I can live with it as it is for the time being, its really not that bad for me.
I've not had an issue like the image you posted on the wifiremote page though
I do use streamedmp and I see mentioned it isn't as bad with that skin.

It's just a bit slow and clunky but all seems to load ok in the end.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #48 on: January 14, 2012, 05:43:55 PM »
well, I don't consider it acceptable, and even with StreamedMP it crashes my htpc after a few calls to different commands that require load parameters.  The folks at MpWifi don't seem to be too interested at the moment.  I guess they have other stuff they are working on and I suspect their couch potato app isn't really using these features yet so it doesn't affect them directly.

It's frustrating because we are so close!  I'm not too sure where to file an error report for MediaPortal but I'll take a look and if I do I'll post a link here for sure.

bodiroga

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 15, 2012, 10:30:12 AM »
The folks at MpWifi don't seem to be too interested at the moment.  I guess they have other stuff they are working on and I suspect their couch potato app isn't really using these features yet so it doesn't affect them directly.

James, this is a bit unfair, don't you think so? As I can read in the issue tracker, they are answering to your questions and trying to help you, so I don't understand why you have said this :S Perhaps you can jump to #mp-extended in freenode and talk directly to DieBagger as he was the man who developed the parameter launcher stuff for MediaPortal. I'm sure that you will able to fix the issue quickly, so be a bit more patient please ;)

It's frustrating because we are so close!  I'm not too sure where to file an error report for MediaPortal but I'll take a look and if I do I'll post a link here for sure.

If you still think that this is a MediaPortal's bug, here you can report it (including logs, of course):

http://forum.team-mediaportal.com/bugreports-74/

Nevertheless, many many thanks for all your work and I truly hope that this little bugs get fixed as soon as possible. I can't help you now testing VoxCommando because I have exams at university, but in a couple of weeks I will do my best ;)

Best regards,

Aitor

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #50 on: January 15, 2012, 10:52:13 AM »
James, this is a bit unfair, don't you think so? As I can read in the issue tracker, they are answering to your questions and trying to help you, so I don't understand why you have said this :S Perhaps you can jump to #mp-extended in freenode and talk directly to DieBagger as he was the man who developed the parameter launcher stuff for MediaPortal. I'm sure that you will able to fix the issue quickly, so be a bit more patient please ;)

I think you are misreading my tone.  I am not trying to bash the folks over at WifiRemote.  Sorry if I did not chose my words carefully enough.  They don't seem to have tested these commands, and have not proposed any possible solutions.   I am assuming that this is because their app doesn't use it.  I am not saying that they are bad people or anything.  Without their plugin there would be no support for MediaPortal in VoxCommando at all.

I am pretty sure that the bug is in MediaPortal itself, but there might be a way to get around it as I did in the calls that don't require a load parameter.

bodiroga

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 15, 2012, 11:11:56 AM »
I think you are misreading my tone.  I am not trying to bash the folks over at WifiRemote.  Sorry if I did not chose my words carefully enough.  They don't seem to have tested these commands, and have not proposed any possible solutions.   I am assuming that this is because their app doesn't use it.  I am not saying that they are bad people or anything.  Without their plugin there would be no support for MediaPortal in VoxCommando at all.

I am pretty sure that the bug is in MediaPortal itself, but there might be a way to get around it as I did in the calls that don't require a load parameter.

Ok, sorry then for my reply James ;-)

Then I think that you should contact directly to DieBagger as he wrote the patch that was added to MediaPortal for the parameter launcher option. There's nobody that knows better how that part of the code work and I'm sure that that he will help you to solve the problem.

Here is his profile in case you want to send him a private message:

http://forum.team-mediaportal.com/members/56421.html

Or you can join to the channel #mp-extended here:

http://webchat.freenode.net/

That's the dev channel for MP-Extended plugin, you can have a look at it as it also offers great tools to access MP Databases using the WCF protocol. It's an open source project so you can have a look at the code here:

https://github.com/MPExtended/MPExtended

Thanks again for your work and best regards,

Aitor

shango

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 15, 2012, 11:57:54 AM »
Also If their app doesnt use the same calls I guess they wouldnt make it a priority with currently only a few MP Vox users, I think Diebagger is currently hard at work with ampdroid which is the main user of wifi remote and that android app has a hell of a lot of buzz around it at the moment so that is understandably their priority i'd imagine.

Ampdroid is very impressive but I dont find it practical for general use as a standard remote. I'm sure XBMC has one similar.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #53 on: January 15, 2012, 12:07:46 PM »
I tried to talk to DieBagger about it and he made it very clear that he is not interested.  So I am just going to let this lie for now.  Perhaps in a few months some others will start using ActivateWindow in their plugins and the bug will get fixed.

shango

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 16, 2012, 12:42:33 PM »
Are you planning any more updates for the MP features of Vox though?

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #55 on: January 16, 2012, 12:48:30 PM »
sure.  Is there something in particular that you feel is missing at this point?

shango

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 16, 2012, 01:16:03 PM »
Well I was just thinking of the start with windows issue that you already know about really, was just curious about when you said let it lie for few months you were only talking about the activate window bug and not Vox and MP as a whole.

One thing I would like is browse a music artist so when giving command "browse artist streetlight manifesto" it will show the albums I have by that band, I'm guessing it's possible but I can't figure it out.

I know if it can be done it doesnt need an update though.

I cloned the play artist command and tried to edit that, I'm guessing the 1st action 'RequestMusicbySQL' would be the same but I don't know what to put in the next box where it has 'strArtist like %{1}% order etc'
Presumably thats the bit that needs changing or am I on a wrong path altogether?

Cheers

Edit

Just looked at the find movie command and that just has {1} so gave it a try, as I expected it wasn't that simple  ;D
« Last Edit: January 16, 2012, 01:20:02 PM by shango »

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #57 on: January 16, 2012, 03:09:28 PM »
The start with Windows is a VoxCommando bug, not specific to MP and I have what I think is a working fix.  It will be in the next release, as soon as I tie up a few loose ends.

Unfortunately the ActivateWindow bug affects many of the commands that we are using, but it works as well as it works.  If these commands are not causing you problems then great.  I just meant that i"m not going to waste any more of my time trying to fix MpWifi or Mediaportal itself because I obviously don't know enough to do it myself, nor do I have the time to spare.

As far as I know there is no way made available by MpWifi yet to browse an artist, or jump to a particuarl album etc.  You can only add them to the now playing list.  Of course you can then jump to the current playlist and see all the songs by that artist/album etc.  The reason you can jump to a particular movie or a particular season of a tvseries is that those plugins have provided load parameters that allow us to do that.  Unfortunately these loadparameters require us to use activateWindow so on my system anyway that means glitches and crashes.  I don't really care because I don't use MediaPortal, but it prevents me from making a compelling demo video which really sucks after all the work I have put into creating support for this program.  :bigno

When you are editing actions in the command builder there are popups explaining how the action works and what parameters are expected.  You can also click the magic wand icon to browse commands and view explanations.  Here you can see that the RequestMusicbySQL action is expecting an "SQL where clause", whereas MpWifi.MvPcFindMovie is expecting "Name of movie to find" for the parameter.

{1} always gets replace by your payload which will be determined by the way your command is defined in the tree, and what you say when you issue the command.

if you have a command where you say "set volume 50", the 50 is probably a payload either defined as a payload list or a payload range.  In any case when you put {1} in any of your actions it will be replaced by 50.

The only way I know of now to browse to an artist, would be through a long series of commands that emulate what the user would do to get to the artist. But this is not really possible to do at this point in any kind of reliable way and even if it were it would be slow and kind of silly.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2012, 03:12:30 PM by jitterjames »

shango

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 16, 2012, 04:01:08 PM »
Thanks for detailed reply, it is a shame but i guess this is still new to MP so with time maybe (hopefully) it will get better.

The start with Windows is a VoxCommando bug, not specific to MP and I have what I think is a working fix.  It will be in the next release, as soon as I tie up a few loose ends.

I forgot we are using a normal updated version of Vox now and not the mediaportal test version  :bonk

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #59 on: January 16, 2012, 07:07:23 PM »
new version with fix for the "start with windows" bug:
http://voxcommando.com/forum/index.php?topic=704.msg5249#msg5249