Author Topic: Omate Truesmart and Voxwav  (Read 2326 times)

three6zerocool

• View Profile
Omate Truesmart and Voxwav
« on: February 01, 2014, 04:55:20 AM »
Hello.

I am a paid user of Voxwav Pro,  and am contemplating ordering developer version of the Omate Truesmart smartwatch.
Will there be a Truesmart version of Voxwav Pro for this smartwatch?, or will I be able to purchase another copy of Voxwav Pro and somehow install it onto the Omate?.

I am aware that Google Play Store will not be available on the Omate device, so just wish to know that I am not making a wasted Omate purchase, if Voxwav Pro can not be installed on it.
Would appreciate any insights/advice regarding the above.

..thanks in advance..

nime5ter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Getting Started with VoxCommando
Re: Omate Truesmart and Voxwav
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2014, 08:45:30 AM »
A few North American Kickstarter backers are just starting to get tracking numbers, so it is probably a good idea to be patient to see what happens with it.

Jitterjames is still waiting for his tracking number, let alone the watch. But he will be working on modifying VoxWav a bit for the Omate when it arrives, and one way or another, there will be a version of VoxWav for the Omate.

We've heard that there is an unlock sequence you can use to enable the Play Store on the Omate. If, however, it turns out that we're not able to distribute VoxWav Pro for the watch on the Google Play Store, then we will offer some kind of alternative, such as something on the Omate store or a free limited version that you can download directly from the VC website and sideload.

If you're in Europe, note that you can get a watch like Kalle has shown in his demo (
). He's using the Pearl watch from Simvalley (aw-414). I have seen other companies in Europe selling what looks like the same watch too. Despite what Omate says, that appears to be a very similar watch depending on your needs.

In any case, when jitterjames gets his Omate, he will begin making some demos and share his first-hand opinion on it then.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2014, 10:32:24 AM by jitterjames »
TIPS: POST VC VERSION #. Explain what you want VC to do. Say what you've tried & what happened, or post a video demo. Attach VC log. Link to instructions followed.  Post your command (xml)

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2014, 01:16:57 PM »
***********  get excited and make things  **********

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2014, 08:14:03 PM »
I hope there is or will be another page that makes more sense than that one!  Very confusing, although I guess you can just dial that number and hope for the best.  :biglaugh

three6zerocool

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2014, 07:32:27 PM »
I have been perusing the Omate forums, and there seems to be a lot of unhappy customers, with horror stories like buttons falling off after an hour, and stuff like that.
Kinda scary stuff, when customers have issues, and seemingly get no support.

Thanks for the info about the Pearl AW-414. I am not in Europe, but downunder in New Zealand, so in Euro, the Pearl is round the same price as the Omate watch.
My only concern being that I am an english language only user, so can the Pearl AW-414 be configured and used for my locale and language, and can I use regular Google Play english store, or is it locked to German Play store.
(For obvious reasons, this would be a major problem gor me)

Thanks in advance..

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2014, 07:54:41 PM »
The AW414.go is not limeted to german language, because the OS is Android which is multilanguage. The good one is, Googleplaystore is pre-installed and need no secrets "like the Omate" to use it. I'm happy with my AW414.go and use it each day - and it works.  ;D
200 Euro is not cheap, but in my case it was a good investment.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2014, 07:56:47 PM by Kalle »
***********  get excited and make things  **********

three6zerocool

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2014, 11:55:57 PM »
Thankyou very much for that information. (really appreciated!)

I have found the same deal you speak of, on the Pearl site, tho Google Translate is not good enough to get me thru the checkout process, and freaks out, so am kinda surfing blind.
(heck knows what I might end up buying) (grin)

I managed to find an email adress for order enquiries, so hopefully they can help me out.

Thanks for your videos on youtube, and your comments here.
If I get no reply from Pearl, I might need to contract you in to translate/broker a sales inquiry for me.