Author Topic: USB-UIRT plugin demonstration of learning IR codes  (Read 16350 times)

mdsh

• $upporter
    • View Profile
Re: USB-UIRT plugin demonstration of learning IR codes
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2013, 12:39:43 AM »
I did not know that LCD or something like that would affect it... You learn something new every day. So to test I put my laptop (working one) in the same spot as my "faulty" laptop and wouldnt you know it, it didnt work  :bonk HEHEHE does my head in but its good to know. Thanks James and thank you for posting stuff from USB-UIRT on this forum, I def wouldnt have found it otherwise. But it is a really nice unit! And its nice to have both this and an iTach unit. Now I am just trying to see if I can get hold of vera and some zwave products....

mdsh

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2013, 12:55:19 AM »
 ;D James thank you so much for this plugin and your xml.... I have never had so much fun learning IR codes  :biglaugh

HomieTheClown

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2014, 09:51:31 PM »
Having to dig up this old thread. I seem to be having a problem with using VC and the USBIRT.  When I press a button on any of my remotes, (amulet, A\V remote, etc) the USBIRT will light up with a red dot.  However, in VC when I try to use the USBIRT plugin, I click on the LEARN button and it will tell me to press the button on remote '1'. Well I do, and nothing happens. It doesn't learn any code and my USBIRT doesn't flash red. As soon as I exit out of the plugin and close VC the red flashing comes back when I press a button on one of my remotes.  It's a weird issue.

Not sure what to do!

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2014, 09:55:12 PM »
Are you using the USBUIRT with any other programs?

HomieTheClown

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2014, 09:59:29 PM »
On my computer?  Nothing I am aware of. Maybe there is something in the background running that I am not familiar with. I just had to reboot the computer because VC crashed and the red flashing that the USBIRT does wasn't working with any of the remotes until I rebooted.

Hey James on another note, I posted about random 'pausing' that VC was telling XBMC. It's still doing that from time. I have verified that the remote was lying still by itself on the table and wasn't being bumped. It's a weird problem, but I'll post that in another forum later this week. For now I would love to get VC working with the USB thingy.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2014, 10:05:01 PM »
Have you ever used USBUIRT before with any other program?  Or with the software provided by the maker of the device?

Do you know how to learn codes with this device? Did you install any drivers? Did you read anything on the USBUIRT website?

Did you watch this tutorial?

Did you notice on the VC USBUIRT plugin settings that there is a checkbox for "blink on receive"?  Any chance that it is not checked, and checking it will cause the device to blink when receiving IR?

HomieTheClown

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 07, 2014, 10:13:21 PM »
This is my first experience with this type of device.  I downloaded the driver off of the developer's website and installed it. It shows up like it should in the device manager. I didn't check for any software from the developer. I didn't watch that particular video. I'll check it out now. I watched your other tutorial.

Not sure about the "blink on receive" checkbox. I'll check it out. Thanks as always for helping the users like me out.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #22 on: September 07, 2014, 10:21:11 PM »
The one you link to is a demo.  The one I just linked to is a tutorial.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando

HomieTheClown

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 07, 2014, 10:35:03 PM »
So do you have to use their software Girder?

I downloaded and installed with a trial 30-day key. Do I need to configure the program to get my buttons working before I mess with VC?

I read the other in this forum who seemed to be having a similar issues. You called it computer craptosis. I'll try another computer.

EDIT*

I got it to work. User error. I didn't try the remote 2-3 inches away like I was supposed too. I stilll want to know if I have to have the program Girder installed.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2014, 11:03:46 PM by HomieTheClown »

nime5ter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Getting Started with VoxCommando
« Reply #25 on: September 07, 2014, 11:14:27 PM »
I got it to work. User error. I didn't try the remote 2-3 inches away like I was supposed too. I stilll want to know if I have to have the program Girder installed.

You don't need Girder for the USB-UIRT to work with VC.

Testing whether the USB-UIRT worked with Girder would have been useful for helping to problem-solve, but it sounds like you've figured things out now.
TIPS: POST VC VERSION #. Explain what you want VC to do. Say what you've tried & what happened, or post a video demo. Attach VC log. Link to instructions followed.  Post your command (xml)

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #26 on: September 07, 2014, 11:46:56 PM »
Don't use Girder.

If you want to test the device outside of VoxCommando use the learning helper utility: http://65.36.202.170/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=5943&sid=de720856473b743561a80eed37874bcb

HomieTheClown

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 09, 2014, 01:08:07 AM »
Got it. I've already deleted it thanks.