Author Topic: Tasker + VoxCommando=Practical Artificial Intelligence (tutorial)  (Read 15552 times)

squatingyeti

• View Profile
Re: Tasker + VoxCommando=Practical Artificial Intelligence (tutorial)
« Reply #30 on: November 09, 2014, 06:51:24 PM »
Yes you are correct....auto voice uses CSV values and it is replacing them with ampersands. You did check continue task after error under the http get task? You have to have beginner mode turned off to see it. Also you can use autonotification to make VC put custom notifications on your phone also. Helpful if you don't want your phone to talk but notify you instead.

Yep, checked continue after error :/ I'm just at a loss here.

nime5ter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Getting Started with VoxCommando
« Reply #31 on: November 09, 2014, 06:59:23 PM »
@rebel -- What version of VC are you currently using?

@yeti -- It's not clear whether this is an issue, but the TCP plugin has been updated in recent versions. Since it seems as though you're able to send messages from Tasker to VC fine, up until you add autovoice to the mix, it's hard to imagine how this could be a TCP plugin problem, but it may be that.

If someone out there is currently using rebel's autovoice method with 2.103 or later, can you please verify that it's working for you?
TIPS: POST VC VERSION #. Explain what you want VC to do. Say what you've tried & what happened, or post a video demo. Attach VC log. Link to instructions followed.  Post your command (xml)

nime5ter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 09, 2014, 07:23:46 PM »
OK, I think the problem may simply be spaces between words.

First, try creating a one-word command in VC, and then test whether you're able to send a one-word command using James's method (android.phrases ...)

If that works, you'll want to replace spaces in your autovoice command with %20 -- the same way as James replaces the comma with &&.
TIPS: POST VC VERSION #. Explain what you want VC to do. Say what you've tried & what happened, or post a video demo. Attach VC log. Link to instructions followed.  Post your command (xml)

squatingyeti

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 09, 2014, 10:17:23 PM »
OK, I think the problem may simply be spaces between words.

First, try creating a one-word command in VC, and then test whether you're able to send a one-word command using James's method (android.phrases ...)

If that works, you'll want to replace spaces in your autovoice command with %20 -- the same way as James replaces the comma with &&.

Uggghhh...that could possibly be it, but in my attempts to fix this problem I'm not sure what's going on now. I'm using the same task from James that I was using earlier and getting the "Accepted new client" event, but now it's not even getting that. I created a one word command called test, but I get nothing when I send it to VC now. I even tried using show help and I don't see any "accepted new client" event anymore. Frustrating because nothing has changed. I can still get to the system by doing http://myIP:myPort/api/VC.TellVox&&test or any other command. There may be an issue with the spaces, but I'm not sure what's caused this current issue now lol.

BTW, rebelmaveric19,
I switched the map and it's much easier to work with. My API map key for autoremote is now everything from beginning through jarvistalk=:= So what I'm saying is when I scrape now it says {Map:AutoRemoteAPIKey.KrisNexus5} and then the TTS message I want sent. That works great.

squatingyeti

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 10, 2014, 01:49:05 AM »
Ooooo emmm jebus, I think I got it  :biglaugh soooo, do NOT put http:// in your HTTP Get action for autovoice...at least not for me. As soon as I left out the http:// and just entered my dynamic DNS, it worked. Maybe specific to my dynamic DNS, but no clue on that. I thought it shouldn't matter if http:// was there, but it did. ravings of a yeti that awoke from a deep slumber! Nothing to do with http:// and everything to do with me having a prefix and the space issue (%20) in the TCP plugin.

Now, I haven't tested it with an actual autovoice command yet because my gf might outright murder me if she finds out I woke up and started messing with it on my tablet in bed  :D However, adding a couple extra commands to simulate autovoice recognizing a command and inserting that has worked where it previously failed.

Lastly, nime5ter, you are correct about the error with spaces. Confirmed with my tests from above. Any command passed to VC through the TCP plugin will fail if there are spaces. Replacing said spaces with %20 solves the issue.

Extra lastly, I created a way to get random responses back ;)

Thank you all and I will double confirm that everything is working with spoken commands to autovoice tomorrow when my life would not be in peril. This is very dim screen discretely signing off.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2014, 02:07:32 AM by squatingyeti »

nime5ter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 10, 2014, 08:40:27 AM »
Cool. Glad you figured it out.

Just to clarify: When you enter a get request in a browser, the browser is automatically encoding the spaces correctly, so it will work properly.

The issue with the space is that Tasker does not appear to be encoding spaces in phrases that it's getting from Autovoice properly before sending them onward. In this case, it's not a VC thing. I don't know if rebel was already taking care of the space problem in some other way, or whether Tasker or Autovoice have changed how they work, or what.

squatingyeti

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 10, 2014, 10:08:33 AM »
Oh I see. Yes that makes sense. I have tested with autovoice this morning and it is now receiving everything correctly. Thank you for the help!

rebelmaveric19

• $upporter
    • View Profile
Re:
« Reply #37 on: November 10, 2014, 06:13:21 PM »
Glad you got it working. Also I don't use a map table anymore....I use a python script nimester helped me write. As I talk to "Jarvis" from my personal and work devices. I have a gear live watch with the google now api on my personal phone and a droid turbo for work so I don't even have to touch anything to talk to my "Jarvis".

rebelmaveric19

• $upporter
    • View Profile
Re:
« Reply #38 on: November 10, 2014, 06:15:44 PM »
BTW I didn't have http;// in my task but it didn't click in my head when I read your response. Stuff like that drives me nuts too.

squatingyeti

• View Profile
Re:
« Reply #39 on: November 10, 2014, 08:17:21 PM »
Glad you got it working. Also I don't use a map table anymore....I use a python script nimester helped me write. As I talk to "Jarvis" from my personal and work devices. I have a gear live watch with the google now api on my personal phone and a droid turbo for work so I don't even have to touch anything to talk to my "Jarvis".

Sounds interesting! I currently have it set to pass the speaking part back to my phone if it isn't connected to my network and to go the normal speaker route if it is. I feel tasked and VC are a perfect match for a ton of cool stuff.