Author Topic: Sound Problems  (Read 1288 times)

OklahomaGreyBeard

• Contributor
    • View Profile
Sound Problems
« on: May 07, 2015, 02:04:01 PM »
Any attempts to adjust the sound volume on my system gives me an unexpected error message. I enable the log and got the following entry.

Code: [Select]
5/7/2015 11:50:47 AM 411 unexpected error in action: Sound.SetVol
System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'CoreAudioApi, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=f66bdc7305ed7bf3' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
File name: 'CoreAudioApi, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=f66bdc7305ed7bf3'
   at eval_᜚.eval_ᜀ(String A_0, String A_1)
   at eval_d.eval_ᜃ(macroElement A_0, List`1 A_1, Int32 A_2)
   at eval_d.eval_ᜂ(macroElement A_0, List`1 A_1, Int32 A_2)

This is an older Dell machine running Vista. I don't see anywhere on my machine where a CoreAudioAPI dll  file exists. any ideas?

nime5ter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Getting Started with VoxCommando
Re: Sound Problems
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2015, 02:44:41 PM »
Can you double-check the dlls folder of your VC installation? It should be there.

If not, maybe try to reinstall VC.
TIPS: POST VC VERSION #. Explain what you want VC to do. Say what you've tried & what happened, or post a video demo. Attach VC log. Link to instructions followed.  Post your command (xml)

OklahomaGreyBeard

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2015, 05:45:24 PM »
Already looked and it's not there. Also an uninstall/reinstall was one if the first things I did when I saw it was missing.

nime5ter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Getting Started with VoxCommando
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2015, 05:57:58 PM »
Hm. What version are you using?

I have now downloaded fresh versions 2.145 and also 2.142 from the VC website and installed each of them in fresh folders. The CoreAudioAPI dll is there in both installations in the dlls folder.

I'm on a Windows 7 machine, not Vista. Not sure if that could be the culprit or not.

Anyone else here on a Vista machine who could test this? I don't think we have any Vista machines in the house anymore.

@OKGreyBeard -- If you tried to reinstall VC using an installer exe you'd previously downloaded, perhaps you can try downloading it again in case somehow your installer file got corrupted. Or if you have virus protection on your computer, who knows, maybe it didn't like that dll?

« Last Edit: May 07, 2015, 06:43:43 PM by nime5ter »
TIPS: POST VC VERSION #. Explain what you want VC to do. Say what you've tried & what happened, or post a video demo. Attach VC log. Link to instructions followed.  Post your command (xml)

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2015, 05:58:08 PM »
Did you enabled the Audio endpoint plugin in VC? I'm not sure it has to do with that  ::)
« Last Edit: May 07, 2015, 06:01:50 PM by Kalle »
***********  get excited and make things  **********

OklahomaGreyBeard

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2015, 08:15:08 PM »
Found the issue.... Anyone want to recommend a replacement for AVAST? (which used to be a really nice unbloated program)

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2015, 08:55:09 PM »
I have disliked AVAST for a long time now.  It is not just bloated but terrible for false positives.

I have always liked ESET NOD32 and it has never interfered with any legitimate programs I have used AFAIK.

It is a bit expensive but they have a 30 day trial.

If you want free free, AVG is not so bad but I prefer NOD32.

Of course, that's just one guy's opinion.  I'm sure you'll find plenty of other opinions out there.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2015, 08:57:22 PM by jitterjames »