Author Topic: IP Webcam (Foscam)  (Read 6827 times)

vulcanjedi

• $upporter
    • View Profile
IP Webcam (Foscam)
« on: October 04, 2012, 11:13:36 AM »
I just got some FOSCAM 8910 IP Webcams and managed to get hooked into XBMC via STRM files.
So I can see the feeds, but I was hoping I could manipulate the camera and pan directions ...etc.

I know there is web guis and smartphone apps but I was thinking w/ VC this could be great, anyone done these / have insights?

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
Re: IP Webcam (Foscam)
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2012, 12:01:37 PM »
you can probably do something with either the scrape command or possibly with robobrowser, but without access to one of these devices I can't tell you much more than that.

Hellow

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2013, 07:05:33 AM »
I just got some FOSCAM 8910 IP Webcams and managed to get hooked into XBMC via STRM files.
So I can see the feeds, but I was hoping I could manipulate the camera and pan directions ...etc.

I know there is web guis and smartphone apps but I was thinking w/ VC this could be great, anyone done these / have insights?

You could use python to do that. You can use https://github.com/mrkipling/maraschino/blob/master/modules/ipcamera.py as a starting point

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2013, 11:59:27 AM »
Actually this is very easy to accomplish just using the scrape command.

I helped Kalle create some commands to control his Foscam recently so hopefully he still has the xml for these commands lying around.

I have also created commands for my "trendnet ip-tv422w" which I am attaching, but they won't work with Foscam.  You could use them as a guide and look at the manual for the foscam to see the correct URLs to use.

« Last Edit: December 15, 2013, 04:37:31 PM by nime5ter »

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2013, 05:00:38 AM »
Here are the complete payload xml to control a FOSCAM 8910 with VoxCommando.

and what James said, use the scrape action in the command builder as shown in the attached picture.

description for the numbers in the picture:

1. the IP of the Foscam

yellow mark: the free variable parameter for the payload

2. user
3. password

the xml contain english and german commands  ;)
« Last Edit: February 16, 2014, 02:24:58 PM by nime5ter »
***********  get excited and make things  **********

Hellow

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2013, 08:22:12 AM »
Actually this is very easy to accomplish just using the scrape command.

I helped Kalle create some commands to control his Foscam recently so hopefully he still has the xml for these commands lying around.

I have also created commands for my "trendnet ip-tv422w" which I am attaching, but they won't work with Foscam.  You could use them as a guide and look at the manual for the foscam to see the correct URLs to use.

Thats very cool. Any chance you can share some insight on how the scrape command works. I check the wiki but it didnt explain the wizardry behind it. How does it? In myhead i was thinking its scrapes html id and classes and you can use phrases like that, but i have no idee :P

nime5ter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Getting Started with VoxCommando
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2013, 09:00:40 AM »
In this case, the "wizardry" of the scrape is based on how Foscam responds to a given URL.

Using the scrape command is the same as typing a URL into the address bar of your web browser except that, instead of displaying the web page, its HTML gets stored in {LastResult}.

In this case, we're not looking at what comes back. Sometimes you will want to look at what comes back to try to get information from the web server, which is why it's called "scrape".

You could use Launch.OpenURL to do the same thing in this case, but then you'd have a web browser window (or new tab) opening up every time you issue a Foscam speech command.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2013, 09:08:21 AM by nime5ter »
TIPS: POST VC VERSION #. Explain what you want VC to do. Say what you've tried & what happened, or post a video demo. Attach VC log. Link to instructions followed.  Post your command (xml)

nime5ter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Getting Started with VoxCommando
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2013, 09:06:07 AM »
For more about "the magic" of the Foscam URLs, see page 13  of this pdf: http://www.foscam.es/descarga/ipcam_cgi_sdk.pdf, which explains decoder_control.cgi commands.

If you look in the document you'll find some other commands as well, such as how to take a snapshot (page 9).
TIPS: POST VC VERSION #. Explain what you want VC to do. Say what you've tried & what happened, or post a video demo. Attach VC log. Link to instructions followed.  Post your command (xml)

Hellow

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2013, 09:37:27 AM »
In this case, the "wizardry" of the scrape is based on how Foscam responds to a given URL.

Using the scrape command is the same as typing a URL into the address bar of your web browser except that, instead of displaying the web page, its HTML gets stored in {LastResult}.

In this case, we're not looking at what comes back. Sometimes you will want to look at what comes back to try to get information from the web server, which is why it's called "scrape".

You could use Launch.OpenURL to do the same thing in this case, but then you'd have a web browser window (or new tab) opening up every time you issue a Foscam speech command.

thanks! that explained a lot :)

jb5349

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2013, 01:53:34 PM »
Now if I can only get all of the sound coming from each of my 7 Foscam cameras to feed into VC and then audio output to go back through the Foscam where the sound originated (and have a small speaker connected to the camera's audio out port) and use iSpy for motion detection to tell VC which one to use. I could see a two way communication in each room I have a camera in. Anyone have any suggestions for this? I have virtual audio cable installed so maybe I could use that along with iSpy to make something happen. Not very familiar with how iSpy works with VC though. Seems like the trick would be to get VC to only listen to the camera audio for the one where motion was detected.

Any suggestions or help would be appreciated. Thanks!

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2013, 04:59:22 PM »
I suggest you look at the discussions about ispy that are already on the forum for starters.  You may be able to do something with the VC.SetSpeechInput action.