Author Topic: Microphone and audio ducking  (Read 3522 times)

JonPeyton

• $upporter
    • View Profile
Microphone and audio ducking
« on: October 27, 2015, 11:34:05 PM »
I apologize for starting a thread about this ,I tried to search as it seemed like an issue that would be fairly common,I probably didn't phrase my queries correctly.
Anyway my problem is this,as most folks I like to have the program interact with me through speech output as much as possible and I've been very successful in achieving high accuracy for recognition in my commands however I find that unless I output to my headphones (which I rarely do) the mic picks up VC's replies and of course begins trying to understand and act on them.I know this isn't good for my overall recognition experience as in essence Im allowing another voice to train when it should only be learning mine.
My setup is output through Realtek Digital Optical to my home theatre and  I really enjoy it that way.Im using a mid range SteelSeries Headphone set with Mic Boom.As I said I usually just plug in the IN and not the OUT.
I seem to recall hearing James mention audio ducking in one of his videos but I haven't had any luck finding it again.Of course I could just turn the volume down low but that seems rather lame.
Again sorry to clutter up the place with something that maybe an oft' answered question but you'll find I don't post much anyway so this can count as my contrib for October :).
Thanks , and thanks to JitterJames and all the other people who put so much time and energy into expanding this program.It really is wonderful.

JonPeyton      :D

PegLegTV

• $upporter
    • View Profile
Re: Microphone and audio ducking
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2015, 11:52:41 PM »
you can use TTS.SpeakSync, instead of TTS.Speak and it will ignore its self while talking, and finish talking before moving forward with other commands actions or events, hope this is what you are looking for

JonPeyton

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2015, 12:18:00 AM »
argg Im an idiot!  :bonk
I knew that speak.sync caused VC to wait for the next thing but I did not know that it also caused it to stop listening during that time.
Brilliant PegLegTV ,thanks so much!!
JP

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2015, 05:15:20 AM »
Hi JonPeyton, you can also work with a prefix.

http://voxcommando.com/mediawiki/index.php?title=Options#Prefix_Mode

Haha - a really old video from James  8)
***********  get excited and make things  **********

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2015, 08:07:37 AM »
argg Im an idiot!  :bonk
I knew that speak.sync caused VC to wait for the next thing but I did not know that it also caused it to stop listening during that time.
Brilliant PegLegTV ,thanks so much!!
JP

You must enable this option in the TTS plugin settings as well. I don't remember if it's selected by default. If you don't want to use speaksync there are also events generated when TTS starts and stops and these could be used to mute your microphone or turn the input level down quite low.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2015, 08:16:28 AM »
Haha - a really old video from James  8)

Wow, that really takes me back. The best movie browser ever!