Author Topic: Two for Tuesday  (Read 2536 times)

OklahomaGreyBeard

• Contributor
    • View Profile
Two for Tuesday
« on: June 04, 2015, 02:11:52 PM »
I have a macro I'm working on that uses the doubleup function on an auto playlist. The problem is sometimes that playlist will contain a song that is the only song by that artist I have. I wonder is there a way to manually run the double up and have it remove a song from the list if there is no matching artist?

Just brainstorming...

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
Re: Two for Tuesday
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2015, 10:03:48 PM »
Hmmmm. I'm not sure what you mean by "manually" run it.  It has been a while since I looked at this code but I think I must have coded something that goes through the current playlist and adds an additional song for each artist that it finds.  To fix this issue would require me to edit the code to first check if there are any other songs by that artist and then either add a song or remove the existing one.  It should be doable but I'm thinking that this is not going to be a big priority for me at this point.

Here are some other options for you to consider:

1 - write your own MM script that does it the way you want. You can do this using VBscript I think, although I'm not sure how you would call it from VC.  Possibly with a keyboard shortcut.

2 - First make sure your playlist contains only artists that have two or more tracks.  You could do this with an sql query I think, but it would need to be part of creating a new nowplaying list, not by modifying whatever was already playing.

3 - write some VC magic macro that keeps track of what is playing and skips anomolous tracks when it encounters them. I'm not sure if this is possible because it would need to be able to look ahead to the next track to see who the artist was.

Something like: "if this track's artist is the same as the last track's, or artist is the same as the next track's then we are good, otherwise skip this track.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2015, 03:56:32 PM »
OK.  I took a look at the plugin and it wasn't too hard to fix it so that it removed artists with only one track.  The update will be in the next release which should be soon.

OklahomaGreyBeard

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2015, 04:17:36 PM »
Thanks, I look forward to it.

nime5ter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Getting Started with VoxCommando
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2015, 05:17:48 PM »
James thinks he fixed this issue, but you should give a whirl and let us know. Version 2.1.4.8 has just been released:

http://voxcommando.com/mediawiki/index.php?title=ChangeLog#Version_2.1.4.8

TIPS: POST VC VERSION #. Explain what you want VC to do. Say what you've tried & what happened, or post a video demo. Attach VC log. Link to instructions followed.  Post your command (xml)

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2015, 05:18:55 PM »
Wait no longer. 2.1.4.8 is out.  8)