Author Topic: Robo b not updating url  (Read 1955 times)

Darthvuder2

• View Profile
Robo b not updating url
« on: May 11, 2015, 02:19:24 AM »
I am trying to automate a call to my bank website to obtain a balance in an account
The login for this is two stage, first page you enter username, then click a button, then a second page loads where you enter a password.

So I made a robo b browser that successfully logs into the first page by finding the element, setText, and click but once the second page visually loads, I try to find the ID of the second input box (using the visualizer of the browser and pulled the element I'd straight from that into my command) but when run the program says that the element id cannot be found.

When I trouble shoot and have the url of the page displayed along with the html of the current element it still reads the url as the first login page and the element as the first page login button.

Seems like robo browser does not update page information when it loaded the second page hence cannot find the required element to login.

Any ideas?  Site is www.bankofamerica.com

PegLegTV

• $upporter
    • View Profile
Re: Robo b not updating url
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2015, 02:40:46 AM »
When I trouble shoot and have the url of the page displayed along with the html of the current element it still reads the url as the first login page and the element as the first page login button.

I don't work with Robo B all that often but I have seen this with other login pages some sites do this as a form of security so someone can't get your username by grabbing the url., sometimes I've been able to still login by using "VC.Pause" "RoboB.wait" and setting it around 800 Milliseconds, before finding the next element (Password element ID), I wish I could be of more help but I don't use the Robo B plugin all that often 

Edit:: "RoboB.wait" is the better answer not "VC.Pause" had a late night brain fart, or do as nim5ter suggested below
« Last Edit: May 11, 2015, 12:12:49 PM by PegLegTV »

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2015, 04:14:37 AM »
Maybe you can try a "RoboB.wait" after the first login page, this will pause the macro until the page has loaded.
***********  get excited and make things  **********

nime5ter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Getting Started with VoxCommando
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2015, 07:53:26 AM »
It's possible their security measures prevent such things.

Have you tried using the RoboB event that is generated when you submit your username form to trigger a second command in which you enter your password?

When you click to submit your username and a new page loads, you'll see a RoboB.DocComplete.[name of your Robob] event. The event includes several payloads. The first is the URL of the page that has been navigated to. You can use this in your command to check that it's actually registering the correct page. i.e., only enter the password when the event's {1} indicates the correct URL (using a logic block).

As Kalle says, I would use a Robob.Wait action as well, before trying to choose the current element, to help ensure the page has properly loaded first.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2015, 09:42:55 AM by nime5ter »
TIPS: POST VC VERSION #. Explain what you want VC to do. Say what you've tried & what happened, or post a video demo. Attach VC log. Link to instructions followed.  Post your command (xml)

Darthvuder2

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2015, 12:37:49 AM »
Thanks for the advice,

I liberally put Robob.wait statements throughout but it doesn't work
Interestingly, the robob.docComplete after submission shows the correct URL of the second page navigated to, but if I request a robob.geturl, the returned address is still www.bankofamerica.com (the first page).

the getURL is done after a robob.wait statement to ensure that the page loaded

Any ideas, thanks

nime5ter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Getting Started with VoxCommando
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2015, 08:25:41 AM »
It's not clear: are you saying that you're now using the robob.docComplete event as your command trigger, in which you only try to submit password info if the payload has the correct URL, and it's still not working?

(It would be easier if we could see your commandXML -- without personal info obviously.)

At any rate, if that's what you're saying, then you can also try using a VC.Pause action at the beginning of your password command.

**However you must then put that command in its own thread by adding ++ at the beginning of the command name: ++your command name

Otherwise the action will freeze the UI thread and the webpage won't be able to load properly.

The threading solution should not be used liberally. It's an Easter egg kind of thing for special occasions like this one. :)
TIPS: POST VC VERSION #. Explain what you want VC to do. Say what you've tried & what happened, or post a video demo. Attach VC log. Link to instructions followed.  Post your command (xml)