Author Topic: Air mouse / remote  (Read 2668 times)

vulcanjedi

• $upporter
    • View Profile
Air mouse / remote
« on: January 05, 2014, 05:17:46 PM »
Anyone use something like this? Someone posted something like this on the XBMC forums. I have a wireless remote i like and its similar, but this says theres a mic. So I immediately thought VOX?
I'd prefer hands free but this seemed interesting for certain.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
Re: Air mouse / remote
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2014, 06:10:11 PM »
some of these devices like the Measy RC13 look interesting and are pretty inexpensive.  I have not tried any of them yet.  My guess is that they are probably pretty cheaply made and might not last very long, but that is just a guess.  As to the quality of the microphone, I really have no idea, but it seems quite possible that the quality might be good enough.

nime5ter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Getting Started with VoxCommando
Re: Air mouse / remote
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2014, 06:53:37 PM »
Just happened to notice that a VoxCommando user has reviewed this Rii mini i13 4 in 1 Wireless Multmedia Air Fly Mouse on Amazon. http://www.amazon.com/Rii-Wireless-Multmedia-Mouse-Keyboard/dp/B00BQU9NVK/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

He says more about the general quality issues than its use with VC: " I attempted to use VOXCommando in my setup but had troubles with microphones. This remote was intended as a solution for that and seems to work well as of now" is his summary of that aspect.

The popping speaker doesn't sound too pleasant though.

Since you can post questions now on Amazon, one option might be to try asking a previous reviewer for their opinions on using a particular air remote with VC.
TIPS: POST VC VERSION #. Explain what you want VC to do. Say what you've tried & what happened, or post a video demo. Attach VC log. Link to instructions followed.  Post your command (xml)