Author Topic: Who's talking  (Read 1665 times)

OklahomaGreyBeard

• Contributor
    • View Profile
Who's talking
« on: April 20, 2015, 12:26:18 PM »
I'm just getting started with VC and this may be a pipe dream, but can VC distinguish who is speaking? ie:

I say "Good morning Jarvis, what is my schedule for the day?" and after checking my the calendar have it reply, "Good morning sir, you have blah blah at 2:00 This afternoon. is there anything else?"

If my wife says the same thing it checks her calendar and says "Good morning m'lady, you have blah blah at 10:00 this morning. is there anything else?"

In other words I don't want to have to say, Good morning Jarvis, this is GreyBeard, what is my schedule for the day?

-GB

nime5ter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Getting Started with VoxCommando
Re: Who's talking
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2015, 12:38:33 PM »
There are a few threads discussing different solutions, so you might want to poke around a bit.

The easiest: you don't necessarily have to say your name, but if you each have your own Prefix or special way of saying hello, it accomplishes the same thing. (e.g. You say, "Hey Jarvis," your wife says "Good morning Jarvis" etc.)

Another pretty easy solution: if you're using VoxWav and you each have your own Android devices, VC can identify who is speaking because it will know which device it's communicating with.
TIPS: POST VC VERSION #. Explain what you want VC to do. Say what you've tried & what happened, or post a video demo. Attach VC log. Link to instructions followed.  Post your command (xml)

Haddood

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2015, 11:45:58 AM »
You can check this: http://voxcommando.com/forum/index.php?topic=1594.0, I haven't yet get to test it in actual use (I am waiting for the next version of VC, as it seems it will make things easier to implement) ... But experiments sounded promising ...

The way I approached this, at the end (and or at the beginning) of each phrase there is an optional Darling and Dude :)
And on recognized event (you will need this http://voxcommando.com/forum/index.php?topic=1689.msg14689#msg14689)
I check {last spoken} ... If it has Darling it sets a variable as my girlfriend is the speaker, if it contains dude then it is my son ... Otherwise it is me ...
This approach depends a lot on how people speak and some learning curve

After I typed this, I checked the downloads and seems the new version is out  :yay
« Last Edit: April 21, 2015, 11:53:56 AM by Haddood »
When Voice command gets tough, use hand gestures

nime5ter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Getting Started with VoxCommando
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2015, 11:56:14 AM »
:)

You might want to follow James on Twitter or join the VoxCommando Google+ community. Those are the tools now used to make all release announcements.
TIPS: POST VC VERSION #. Explain what you want VC to do. Say what you've tried & what happened, or post a video demo. Attach VC log. Link to instructions followed.  Post your command (xml)

Haddood

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2015, 12:12:58 PM »
:)

You might want to follow James on Twitter or join the VoxCommando Google+ community. Those are the tools now used to make all release announcements.
I do have accounts on both (I am already into google circle) sadly I do not use these services much ...
I should learn to incorporate them more into my life

Now, that gives me an idea, find away that VC knows when a new version released and announce it and/or send push notification :)

Time to do some digging :)
When Voice command gets tough, use hand gestures