Author Topic: Alarm Design  (Read 6124 times)

nime5ter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Getting Started with VoxCommando
Re: Alarm Design
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2014, 06:24:12 PM »
I'd like to place multiple cameras (low cost) in and out of the home and have them linked to Vera/DSC. I would like to arm and disarm using VC (eventually moving towards a proximity detector). When an alarm condition exists, I would like to establish a 2 way audio and video link, via Android, and challenge the intruder, in addition to the alarm sounding off.

Using VC, I'd like to arm/disarm and check status. And of course, I'm looking for a frugal design.

One of the key design criteria is that I would like to have multiple speakers in the design so that I can "talk to/challenge" to an intruder in any room. So do I need multiple sound cards (1 for the media part of the design and a second for the alarm broadcast, and VAC?)

Hi DHHJ,

Just wondering if any parts of your vision have come together yet. Or, if not so far, whether you've learned anything of interest since you initially posted, perhaps about the feasibility or challenges of particular components?

thx
TIPS: POST VC VERSION #. Explain what you want VC to do. Say what you've tried & what happened, or post a video demo. Attach VC log. Link to instructions followed.  Post your command (xml)

Casmo

• $upporter
  • Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2014, 06:30:20 PM »
Thanks for bump Nime!

I'd also be very interested to hear how this has progressed..

MrWolf

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2014, 08:05:08 PM »
Wow!  The Arduino build is axe Kalle!

I may be bothering you for some instructions when Neesha and I finally get our own place!

-P
Home automation guides for idiots like me by an idiot (me)...
https://www.youtube.com/user/wolfsweb