Author Topic: VoxWav - Microphone  (Read 1200 times)

tn42

• View Profile
VoxWav - Microphone
« on: January 09, 2015, 01:29:41 PM »
Hi!

I have VoxWav Pro, I have set it to always listen.

Now I want VoxWav to only listen while the tablet is on. If the tablet enters sleep mode VoxWav should stop listening.

Is this possible? If not maybe this would be something that should be in the settings? It should not be that hard to implement?

Best Regards TN42

tn42

• View Profile
Re: VoxWav - Microphone
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2015, 01:39:30 PM »
Just a quick addition to my first question. I have noticed the setting "Keep alive when screen off"

I have tried to set this setting to both ON and OFF but it dose not seam to make any difference.

nime5ter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Getting Started with VoxCommando
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2015, 04:57:34 PM »
I believe the "keep alive when screen is off" setting is specifically for the tilt function.

One possible workaround, depending on how you use your tablet, is to have your tablet set to turn off wifi when it goes to sleep (using Tasker or one of the free apps that do this, or your OS settings themselves depending on which OS.)

Of course, if you want to keep getting other kinds of notifications that arrive via wifi when the device is asleep, this won't work.  :-\

Most folks seem to want the mic to stay on with their screens off when using "always on" mode.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2015, 05:05:19 PM by nime5ter »
TIPS: POST VC VERSION #. Explain what you want VC to do. Say what you've tried & what happened, or post a video demo. Attach VC log. Link to instructions followed.  Post your command (xml)

tn42

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2015, 04:07:51 AM »
okey, that explains why the "keep alive when screen is off"  did not work for me. (the tablet is permanently mounted on the wall)

But still I think it should be such an option that the mic is off when the device screen is off. And when the screen is switched on, VoxWav switches on the mic allso.

Pleas add this feature  :) It would be really appreciated.