Author Topic: New Here And Need Some Guidance.  (Read 5656 times)

eugekiller

• View Profile
Re: New Here And Need Some Guidance.
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2016, 01:28:14 PM »
If you were randomly editing commands without knowing what you were doing, then the first thing you should do to correct that is to go back to an unmodified standard configuration.  You can do that from the file menu >> "apply standard configuration".  In the future, it would be really helpful to all of us if you did not report that a command was not working after having edited it.  If you have edited a command and it is not working then you should at least tell us that you have edited it and preferably let us know what you did.  It will save everyone a lot of time because we can't correctly diagnose problems when given misleading information.

Here is the command (in a group) for live TV.  It should really be part of the default configuration but I don't have Live TV here so I keep forgetting to include it (and I can't test it but I'm pretty sure it works fine).

First thing you will need to do is to read and fully comprehend how to use XML on the forum.  All the information is here:

http://voxcommando.com/mediawiki/index.php?title=XML_on_the_forum

Then you will know what to do with the following xml to get it into your configuration:

Code: [Select]
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-16"?>
<!--VoxCommando 2.2.1.4-->
<commandGroup open="True" name="Kodi Live TV" enabled="True" prefix="" priority="0" requiredProcess="" description="">
  <command id="711" name="Switch to channel {1}" enabled="true" alwaysOn="False" confirm="False" requiredConfidence="0" loop="False" loopDelay="0" loopMax="0" description="">
    <action>
      <cmdType>XJson.Raw</cmdType>
      <params>
        <param>Player.Open</param>
        <param>"item" : {"channelid" : {1}}</param>
      </params>
      <cmdRepeat>1</cmdRepeat>
    </action>
    <phrase>Switch to, Go to, Start</phrase>
    <phrase>Channel</phrase>
    <payloadFromXML phraseOnly="False" use2partPhrase="False" phraseConnector="by" Phrase2wildcard="anyone" optional="False">XbmcPayloads\xbmcTvChannels.xml</payloadFromXML>
  </command>
</commandGroup>

In order to do key combinations the best place to start is usually with the InputKeys action.  I will see if I can come up with something for you.

If you want to be able to create your own commands you should start with the tutorial videos VoxCommando Tutorial 1A and 1B:

and of course taking a good look at the wiki:
 http://voxcommando.com/mediawiki/index.php?title=Getting_Started

I See for the tv channels it uses names of chanels any way possible to do it by channel number (value)? and chanel name?

nime5ter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Getting Started with VoxCommando
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2016, 02:30:58 PM »
Anything is possible.

It's not clear what you'd like, though. Do you want to be able to select a channel by asking for:

a. *either* the channel number *or* the channel name?

OR

b. the channel number *plus* the channel name?

OR

??

Basically, you need to edit your payload XML file to use the phrasing that you want. The value needs to remain the channel number, but you can edit the phrases column.

You could either customize the SQL query that is used in the xSql plugin to generate the payload XML files (unless you're using mySQL with Kodi, in which case edit the xMySql plugin query) , or manually open and edit the payload phrases in the payload XML file, within VoxCommando's command tree editor.

Personally, I'd do the former.
TIPS: POST VC VERSION #. Explain what you want VC to do. Say what you've tried & what happened, or post a video demo. Attach VC log. Link to instructions followed.  Post your command (xml)

eugekiller

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2016, 02:47:49 PM »
Sorry for not beeing clear. So i would like to open the channel ether by channel number or by name of the channel. So both.
My payload of channels looks like this.

-<payload>

<value>2</value>

<phrase>Карусель International</phrase>

<subsetmatching>true</subsetmatching>

</payload>

So the value is the channel number if possible?
Another question voice recognition can it be in dual language like english and russian?

nime5ter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2016, 03:01:50 PM »
Do you know whether "2" is the actual channel number for the channel, Карусель International?

It might actually just be a unique ID used in Kodi's TV database, but not the real channel number. I don't have Live TV so I can't use my own system to check this. Kodi's documentation doesn't seem to explain their TV database.

Regarding using both languages at once: no, you can't do that.

You'll need to use either the Russian language speech engine or the English one.

If you do some searches, you'll find discussions of how users try to deal with the problem of needing two languages. None of the solutions are perfect but they may be good enough for your needs.
TIPS: POST VC VERSION #. Explain what you want VC to do. Say what you've tried & what happened, or post a video demo. Attach VC log. Link to instructions followed.  Post your command (xml)

eugekiller

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2016, 03:04:38 PM »
So the best bet i got is to edit the phrase then.
Thanks.

nime5ter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2016, 03:26:37 PM »
You can edit the phrase column of the payload XML file, yes.

If you do that, you should also re-name that file. Otherwise, the next time you run a genXML for Kodi, that file will be overwritten.

eugekiller

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2016, 03:41:56 PM »
Well thank everyone. Been very helpful with all my questions. Time to play now :)

Well actully one more question...
Where in kodi live tv does the payload get generated from?
Want to see if i can find that file and try to edit that lol.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2016, 03:55:03 PM by eugekiller »