Author Topic: HELP - Voxcommando is not working  (Read 8072 times)

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
Re: HELP - Voxcommando is not working
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2013, 04:04:17 PM »
Yup.  You must set up your mic so that your voice is the primary sound coming in or you won't have much joy.  For this reason the three methods I find work best are:

- VoxWav
- AmuletRemote
- Wireless Headset (non bluetooth)

...or something equivalent that lets you have a mic close to your mouth and/or has a way to detect when you want to speak so it can lower your multimedia output levels.

Sometimes it can also help to create a new speech profile in windows speech settings.  See if it makes a difference.  You might also consider doing a single windows speech training session, even though it does not sound like you need to.

Svu79

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2013, 04:38:24 PM »
Yes the speakers are a bit close to the webcam. That is probably the issue. When I pull it away from the monitor and put it close to my mouth, most command works fine.

This is a test run, so I am very glad it works. Gonna try to set up a HTPC now. Will I be able to do veralite commands through VC? Dim lights, turn on music, or movie at once?

How does VC control a computer to wake up or go to sleep?

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2013, 04:52:49 PM »
Yes you can create custom commands to do whatever you want.  There is a bit of a learning curve for creating your own commands, so you must be willing to spend some time to learn how to do it.  There are many instructional videos and lots of information on the wiki to get you started and we are here to help when you get stuck.

There is a plugin for Vera and you can combine commands that use that plugin with a standard set of commands such as the ones for Frodo.

There is an Action for WOL (wake on lan) which can be used to wake other computers.  Obviously VoxCommando can't wake the computer that it is running on.
http://voxcommando.com/mediawiki/index.php?title=Actions#WOL

There is an Action for putting the computer to sleep.
http://voxcommando.com/mediawiki/index.php?title=Actions#Sleep