Author Topic: Major update ALPHA 2.3.0.*  (Read 19532 times)

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
Major update ALPHA 2.3.0.*
« on: August 07, 2019, 12:00:23 PM »
I normally put all new releases on the main download page of the VoxCommando website.

In this case I have been working on so many different changes in the core program that I feel it would be best to release an Alpha version here before putting it somewhere that may confuse new users.

The beta releases are now back on the regular download page:

https://voxcommando.com/home/downloads/

The information below is still important:

Added 2 new plugins:  GTTS and AccuW  (more on these later).  Both these plugins require the user to set up their own credentials to use the required cloud services.  At the moment it's free but there are extra steps.

Changes to the core program:

64bit.  VC was always compiled as a 32bit program for compatibility reasons.  The new version of VoxCommando has 4 executibles to choose from instead of two.

VoxCommando.exe (Will run on 64 bit machines as 64 bit application but will still run on 32 bit machines - does anyone still have one?)
VoxCommando32.exe (Will run as 32bit.  This is similar to previous versions of VC)
VoxCommandoSP.exe  (As above but the SP version of the speech engine - 64bit)
VoxCommandoSP32.exe (As above but the SP version of the speech engine -32bit)

I would recommend using the 64bit versions unless you run into a compatibility issue.  For example, some TTS voices will only run on 32bit and some others will only run on 64bit.  Most TTS voices *should* run on either.

Other core changes:
Action parameters are now multi-line.  I had to create a home-grown autocomplete for variables to work on multi-line text boxes but the good news is that we can use autocomplete anywhere in the parameter text box now, not just in a blank text box.

Compiled now using .NET 4.5.2 instead of 4.5.1.  This should not be noticeable in any way.  Eventually we will move to 4.6.1 but I did not want to rock the boat too much more than I already have.

Regex Tool.  Changed how line endings are evaluated in the tool window (\r\n instead of \n) so that it will match the way actions work.

RoboB plugin(RoboBrowser) : Minor but important bug fixes.

Please use this version and report any issues.  If you are updating an existing configuration please be sure to back up your whole folder first!
« Last Edit: March 09, 2020, 12:14:19 PM by jitterjames »

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
Re: Major update ALPHA 2.3.0.1 - GTTS
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2019, 12:00:39 PM »
Using the GTTS plugin

This plugin was suggested by Kalle.  It uses the Google cloud text-to-speech service, which has very high quality voices in many languages.

https://cloud.google.com/text-to-speech/

You must sign up as a developer and go through the steps necessary to download your own authorisation json file.

You'll need to do this *before* trying to enable the plugin in VC, or you'll get an error message.

Instructions here: https://cloud.google.com/text-to-speech/docs/quickstart-client-libraries

You only need to follow steps 1 to 4 to obtain the .json file.
* It is not necessary to modify your environment variables.
* It is not necessary to install the SDK.

Once you do this you must rename the json file provided by Google to GTTSAuth.json and save it in your plugin folder: ...VCroot\plugins\GTTS

I believe you are limited to 1 million characters per month which should be enough for anyone.  All TTS audio will be cached to the plugins\GTTS\cache folder as mp3 files, so if you use the same TTS text with the same voice, pitch, and speed then it will re-use the mp3 file instead of generating a new request.  This should save your quota, reduce your bandwidth, and be faster but could eventually result in a lot of storage space occupied by the cache.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2019, 05:29:04 PM by nime5ter »

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
Re: Major update ALPHA 2.3.0.1 - AccuW
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2019, 12:00:59 PM »
Using the AccuW plugin

In order to use the AccuWeather plugin (AccuW) you will need to obtain your own API key.

Follow instructions here to get your free key: https://developer.accuweather.com/

Enable the AccuW plugin and enter the key in the plugin settings, and save settings.

You will be limited to 50 calls per day.  The plugin will cache information and only update when it is stale but there are different types of calls (Current, forecast, hourly) so be careful not to exceed your daily limit when experimenting.  If you exceed your limit I think you will simply be denied access for that day.  It won't cost you anything as far as I know.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2019, 01:29:10 PM by jitterjames »

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
Re: Major update ALPHA 2.3.0.1
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2019, 12:21:43 PM »
If someone would like to create a video walk-through showing how to sign up for Google services and obtain the .json file I would appreciate it.  Otherwise the instructions provided by Google should be fairly straightforward to follow.

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2019, 12:45:31 PM »
absolute great work  ::bow :yay :bignod ::banana
***********  get excited and make things  **********

PegLegTV

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2019, 04:10:47 PM »
this looks awesome, I can't wait until I have some free time to really test it out, but right now when I try to enable the AccuWeather plugin I get a system error.

I enable the plugin and select "Save and Close" then click ok on the popup, then I see this window immediately after

I click continue and then select a full restart and I see an error in the history window when VC restarts

Error:
Code: [Select]
Error loading plugin: C:\Users\pegle\Desktop\New\Plugins\AccuW\AccuW.dll
I've tried this on my full VC setup and on a fresh install to see if anything would change but I get the same thing with both setups

looking at the log file it makes a mention of:
Code: [Select]
Could not find file 'C:\Users\pegle\Desktop\New\Plugins\AccuW\varinfo.json'.
Log file is from the fresh install, thanks for the great work

PegLegTV

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2019, 04:59:34 PM »
not trying to nit pick the alpha release but I noticed that the action boxes are cut-off when they are not in focus

the top action box is only full because I clicked in the text field, but if I focus another action the top one becomes cut-off and the action I click becomes full sized

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2019, 05:29:20 PM »
this looks awesome, I can't wait until I have some free time to really test it out, but right now when I try to enable the AccuWeather plugin I get a system error.
Sorry about that. Looks like we are missing this attached file.  Please put the attached file in your AccuW folder for now and I think it will load OK.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2019, 05:37:49 PM by nime5ter »

PegLegTV

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2019, 06:15:41 PM »
That solved the AccuW plugin issue Thanks

PegLegTV

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2019, 02:09:01 AM »
hey I'm loving the GTTS and the AccuWeather plugins, great work, like always ::bow ::bow ::banana,

here's a bug report / request for the two new plugins

would it be possible to add in something similar to TTS.SpeakSync or Sound.PlayWav's wait option, apparently I have several commands that use TTS.SpeakSync, I was going to switch all my TTS.Speak actions over to GTTS.Speak to really put it to the test but apparently I use TTS.SpeakSync for a lot more commands then I thought, and those commands rely on the pause while its talking.

Looking at the AccuWeather plugin the AccuW.GetForcast says "Format 0-3 What format string to use" when hovering over the format box, but when I try to use "3" the output is "expecting integer from 0 to 3" looking at the AccuWeather plugin under the forecast tab it is showing options "1,2,3", so the integer options aren't lining up properly.

also when first setting up the AccuWeather plugin Current tab when I clicked Test current weather format string the variable [C.Wind.Speed.U] doesn't get filled, looking at the list of variables it should be [C.Wind.Speed].

I already hit my limit for my AccuWeather plugin API ::duh, totally worth it when testing out a new plugin.

keeps up the great work!

nime5ter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Getting Started with VoxCommando
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2019, 08:13:36 AM »
Thanks for all your efforts with alpha-testing, PegLegTV. Historically this phase was my job, but I've been too busy at work. Glad James has other good folks who're willing and able to contribute!

And yes, wrt speaksync, James mentioned to me last week that it was going to be a challenge to find a good solution for that; rest assured it's on the list. :)
TIPS: POST VC VERSION #. Explain what you want VC to do. Say what you've tried & what happened, or post a video demo. Attach VC log. Link to instructions followed.  Post your command (xml)

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2019, 10:15:56 AM »
The problem with GTTS speaksync is that we are downloading .mp3 files and then playing them with a windows mediaplayer object and it does not support waiting for the media to finish.  I might be able to find a solution but for the moment you should assume that it won't be available in the near future.  I am about to go on vacation so no new development is going to happen until September.

As far as the AccuW plugin goes.  Please ignore any variables that might have been in the plugin setting fields and use the variable picker.  The variables that are there were from early phases of testing.

Thanks.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2019, 06:36:49 PM »
I am about to go on vacation so no new development is going to happen until September.

OK, maybe I lied a bit.  Today I did some programming when I should have been packing...

Please try the new download link at the start of this thread.  2.302.

PegLegTV

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2019, 01:42:38 AM »
hey great work on the new Gtts actions!  :yay ::banana they work great from the testing I've done so far, I think I'm going to change the voice for my theater experience commands just to make it feel a little bit more like a movie theater and being able to change the voice and pitch will make it a lot easier. keep up the great work and enjoy your vacation.

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2019, 03:48:46 AM »
Now I have tried both new versions of the plugins and they works great.

The GTTS.SpeakSync action is fantastic!

Again, absolute great work  ::bow :yay

See you in a few days  ;)
***********  get excited and make things  **********