Author Topic: VC and Windows Task Scheduler  (Read 2455 times)

DHHJ

• $upporter
  • Contributor
    • View Profile
VC and Windows Task Scheduler
« on: March 22, 2011, 11:02:43 PM »
I'm trying to run a script on system start up using Windows 7 Task Scheduler. The actions run fine but when it tries to launch VC (0.875), I get the EULA form rather than loading the working version. I have tried calling the .exe directly and also a desktop shortcut in the Task Scheduler script. Both the exe and shortcut launch perfectly when selected directly.

Any ideas?
« Last Edit: March 23, 2011, 09:26:16 AM by Wanilton »

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
Re: VC and Windows Task Scheduler
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2011, 05:04:08 AM »
I'm trying to run a script on system start up using Windows 7 Task Scheduler. The actions run fine but when it tries to launch VC (0.875), I get the EULA form rather than loading the working version. I have tried calling the .exe directly and also a desktop shortcut in the Task Scheduler script. Both the exe and shortcut launch perfectly when selected directly.

Any ideas?

Hi DHHJ,

can you describe me the script, so I can understand him better?

Kalle
« Last Edit: March 23, 2011, 09:45:14 AM by Wanilton »
***********  get excited and make things  **********

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2011, 11:13:16 AM »
you probably need to specify the working directory for Vox so it can find the voicecommands.xml and other files.  When you double click a file the working directory will automatically be the folder that the exe is in, but if you are calling form a script sometimes it won't be.

I'm just wondering, why you are starting VoxCommando from task scheduler?

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2011, 11:17:59 AM »
in task scheduler, edit the action and fill in the field that says:

Start in (optional):

with the path of your VC folder.

DHHJ

• $upporter
  • Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2011, 10:44:25 PM »
Thanks- the Start In suggestion worked perfectly!     :D

The reason I needeed to start up VC is that when my VC/EG system starts up, I wanted to make sure that it immediately launched the apps so that it could be used by other family members with minimal knowledge of how to get it all going. The system is not on 7x24.

My system is now really starting to take shape. I'm trying to overcome the "too many remotes" syndrome in my household- comments from my bride and daughter. So I'm currently using a MXL conference mic and am using it to control all satellite STB and XBMC/MM commands. I have 3 different voice profiles and can switch between them using EG events. The reason for the profiles is that with the inherent background noise into the ML mic (it is about 10 ft. from normal seating position), I needed the speciffic profiles to increase recognition accuracy. The voice profile can load in less than 2 sec. so it doesn't cause any perceived delay.

Its getting pretty sweet when we can access all TV channels, stored movies (XBMC) and music (MM) using a fairly short set of commands. The big challenge was to overcome the need to wear a headset mic and offfer VC to all in the family.

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2011, 03:49:39 AM »
Thanks- the Start In suggestion worked perfectly!     :D

The reason I needeed to start up VC is that when my VC/EG system starts up, I wanted to make sure that it immediately launched the apps so that it could be used by other family members with minimal knowledge of how to get it all going. The system is not on 7x24.

My system is now really starting to take shape. I'm trying to overcome the "too many remotes" syndrome in my household- comments from my bride and daughter. So I'm currently using a MXL conference mic and am using it to control all satellite STB and XBMC/MM commands. I have 3 different voice profiles and can switch between them using EG events. The reason for the profiles is that with the inherent background noise into the ML mic (it is about 10 ft. from normal seating position), I needed the speciffic profiles to increase recognition accuracy. The voice profile can load in less than 2 sec. so it doesn't cause any perceived delay.

Its getting pretty sweet when we can access all TV channels, stored movies (XBMC) and music (MM) using a fairly short set of commands. The big challenge was to overcome the need to wear a headset mic and offfer VC to all in the family.

Hi DHHL,
the MXL working fine, when in the backround music play?
***********  get excited and make things  **********

nime5ter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Getting Started with VoxCommando
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2011, 09:19:10 AM »

DHHJ -- This sounds awesome. Are your wife and daughter actively using the voice control as well now? When you have it working the way you want, it would be great if you'd be willing to post a short video showing us "Vox - Family Edition."
TIPS: POST VC VERSION #. Explain what you want VC to do. Say what you've tried & what happened, or post a video demo. Attach VC log. Link to instructions followed.  Post your command (xml)