Author Topic: Accessing a plugin in eventghost from voxcommando  (Read 4984 times)

crawfofd

• View Profile
Accessing a plugin in eventghost from voxcommando
« on: July 11, 2013, 03:57:47 AM »
I am new to this forum and to voxcommando but from what I've read and seen this is a great piece of software. I have purchased it and am working thru a lot of the tutorials and videos to try to get a understanding on how everything works.  I feel like I'm making some head way, but I am stuck on one area. Hopefully someone can help me. Here is my problem.  I want to access a plugin that is in eventghost (sageTV) and perform the actions that are in that plugin.  I've tried using a vc macro with EventGhost, but can't get it to work. Can anyone lead me in the right direction to do this. Any help would be appreciated.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
Re: Accessing a plugin in eventghost from voxcommando
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2013, 08:39:33 AM »
Hi Crawfofd. Welcome to the forum.

Take a look at this wiki info.

Let us know if you still have any specific questions.

http://voxcommando.com/mediawiki/index.php?title=EventGhost

crawfofd

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2013, 12:45:19 PM »
Good Morning jittterjames, First off wanted to let you know I think this software is great!.

I have looked at that wiki info that you posted. I set it up and it all works, but when I try to execute a action in the eventghost plugin it does not work. Here is what I am doing.

VC - I build a action ( EventGhost, SageGuded)
EG - I build a macro (SageTV: Guide), event (broadcast.SageGuide), action (SageTV: Guide)

The Action in EG works great, but when I do a 'Save and Execute' in VC  I get 'EventGhost:SageGuide' and in EG I get 'Broadcast.SageGuide' with no action.  I know I'm doing not doing something that is very simple, but I can not figure it out.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2013, 02:08:59 PM »
« Last Edit: July 11, 2013, 02:11:07 PM by jitterjames »

crawfofd

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2013, 10:28:55 AM »
Problem solved.  I finally got everything working.  It was really simple once I figured out the sequence everything had to happen.
Here is what I did (just in case it will help someone else):

EG - Create a folder (Any Name), Under this folder put all macro's associated with task.
EG - Create a macro from the plugin that I want to use
EG - Create a event under the macro with the same name as the macro
VC - Create a new group (Any Name), Under group put all commands associated with task.
VC - Create a Command in new group, Use LCB to add action
VC - In action put EventGhost, In Label1 put name of macro that is in EventGhost
VC - Under action put a phrase to use to start everything.

I plan on doing a better write up and will share as soon as I'm done.  Thanks for all your help.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2013, 10:42:53 PM »

I plan on doing a better write up and will share as soon as I'm done.  Thanks for all your help.

That would be great, thanks.

lja

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2014, 11:28:59 AM »
Problem solved.  I finally got everything working.  It was really simple once I figured out the sequence everything had to happen.
Here is what I did (just in case it will help someone else):

EG - Create a folder (Any Name), Under this folder put all macro's associated with task.
EG - Create a macro from the plugin that I want to use
EG - Create a event under the macro with the same name as the macro
VC - Create a new group (Any Name), Under group put all commands associated with task.
VC - Create a Command in new group, Use LCB to add action
VC - In action put EventGhost, In Label1 put name of macro that is in EventGhost
VC - Under action put a phrase to use to start everything.

Are you in a position to share as yet?

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2014, 01:13:30 PM »
You should not need to worry about how to name the events in EventGhost.  When you send an event to EventGhost from VoxCommando, it will appear in the EventGhost history, and then you can simply drag it onto any macro in your EventGhost tree.  In this sense, it works exactly the same way as events in VoxCommando.

If you have a general familiarity with both programs then getting them to talk is extremely simple.  Just read the wiki.

If you don't know how to use EventGhost then you should learn the basics.  There are plenty of resources available for this including the links I posted above.

nime5ter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Getting Started with VoxCommando
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2014, 11:35:41 PM »
Are you in a position to share as yet?

Maybe this demo/tutorial video will be of use. http://www.screencast.com/t/u5cOohK0mjy

The same method would be used to trigger any macro that you've made in Eventghost, including macros that turn your stereo volume up or down.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2015, 10:11:00 AM by nime5ter »
TIPS: POST VC VERSION #. Explain what you want VC to do. Say what you've tried & what happened, or post a video demo. Attach VC log. Link to instructions followed.  Post your command (xml)