Author Topic: Mouse middle click  (Read 4126 times)

ilyich

• View Profile
Mouse middle click
« on: November 06, 2015, 03:23:56 PM »
Mouse middle click still doesn't work in version 2.2.0.9. All it does - mouse move down. Here's my video. You can't hear me speaking, but can see the result (ship rotating downside instead of locking missiles) and Vox Commando history. https://youtu.be/P8cu4XtaO2E

nime5ter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Getting Started with VoxCommando
Re: Mouse middle click
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2015, 06:09:47 PM »
The middle mouse click does work properly in VoxCommando 2.2.0.9.

I have just tested it again.

However, online I see different Star Citizen gamers reporting problems with middle mouse click not properly firing missiles. Are you certain that actually clicking your middle mouse button works properly with Star Citizen?

e.g. https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/150633/middle-mouse-button-does-not-lock-missile-or-fire-missile-solution-found

If not, maybe the solutions they suggest will work for you.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2015, 06:12:04 PM by nime5ter »
TIPS: POST VC VERSION #. Explain what you want VC to do. Say what you've tried & what happened, or post a video demo. Attach VC log. Link to instructions followed.  Post your command (xml)

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2015, 09:34:33 PM »
Sample test with middle mouse button emulation working correctly:

https://vimeo.com/144940918

ilyich

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2015, 10:07:29 AM »
The middle mouse click does work properly in VoxCommando 2.2.0.9.

I have just tested it again.

However, online I see different Star Citizen gamers reporting problems with middle mouse click not properly firing missiles. Are you certain that actually clicking your middle mouse button works properly with Star Citizen?

e.g. https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/150633/middle-mouse-button-does-not-lock-missile-or-fire-missile-solution-found

If not, maybe the solutions they suggest will work for you.

Yes, clicking middle mouse button works correctly in the game for me.

Sample test with middle mouse button emulation working correctly:

https://vimeo.com/144940918

I noticed you are using hook plugin and i don't. Maybe that's the case. But how to use it? I don't know what to think. If you say everything is ok, than it's game problem... Still it's odd, that it works fine with mouse. Have you tried using it in actual program to see results, or just believing what voxcommando history tells you?

Edit: Tested in Chrome browser. It works. Browser enters scroll mode. Than the issue is only with the game. Don't know what to do, besides to bind missiles to another key. Thank you for your attention.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2015, 10:20:01 AM by ilyich »

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2015, 10:13:36 AM »
The point is that there is nothing we can think of to do since we corrected the original error with the middle click action.  Mouse and keyboard emulation does not always work the same with all programs, especially games.  That is why we have 3 different types of actions for emulating the keyboard.

It is possible that the mouse click is too fast for the game to recognize it.  Games read button presses a bit differently (trying to read hardware directly) from normal desktop programs which rely on receiving messages from the operating system.

Still it would be a bid odd that left and right click works for you and middle click does not work.  The method we employ for a middle click is really identical to the way we send the left and right click, just passing a slightly different ID.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2015, 10:15:58 AM by jitterjames »

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2015, 10:19:15 AM »
I noticed you are using hook plugin and i don't. Maybe that's the case. But how to use it?

You don't need to use the hook plugin.  It won't change anything.  It was only used in the video to show that the button press was being detected.

ilyich

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2015, 10:34:09 AM »
just tested a left click in game. Results in the same rotating down and constantly shooting cannon. So, no mouse actions for me =))

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2015, 12:44:06 PM »
OK.  That makes sense.  I got the impression it was only middle click that was not working for you.

So the method we are using to emulate mouse clicks is not compatible with your game.  It is probably a problem with many games.

I will try to add some mouse emulation to the dxInput plugin using another method.  Hopefully it will work better with games such as Star Citizen.

Stay tuned...

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2015, 01:43:36 PM »
Here is a test for the DxInput plugin.

I assume you are already using the DxInput plugin.  If you are not then be sure to enable the plugin.

How to update to the test version:

1 - Completely close and exit VoxCommando.  Make sure it isn't just hidden.

2 - Download an unzip the attached file (DxInput.zip) to your "VC"\plugins\DxInput\ folder, being sure to overwrite the original files.

3 - Right click the DxInput.dll file and select properties.  If you see an "unblock" button at the bottom, click it.
(More about this irritating Windows feature: http://superuser.com/questions/38476/this-file-came-from-another-computer-how-can-i-unblock-all-the-files-in-a)

4 - Run VoxCommando again, and then try this command. (see http://voxcommando.com/mediawiki/index.php?title=XML_on_the_forum for help with using XML)

Code: [Select]
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-16"?>
<!--VoxCommando 2.2.1.1-->
<command id="312" name="mouse click {1}" enabled="true" alwaysOn="False" confirm="False" requiredConfidence="0" loop="False" loopDelay="0" loopMax="0" description="">
  <action>
    <cmdType>DxInput.Mouse.Click</cmdType>
    <params>
      <param>{1}</param>
    </params>
    <cmdRepeat>1</cmdRepeat>
  </action>
  <phrase>Mouse click</phrase>
  <payloadList>left, right, middle, x1, x2</payloadList>
</command>

.dll removed.  Install the latest version of VC instead
« Last Edit: September 20, 2016, 12:14:17 PM by jitterjames »

ilyich

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2015, 02:57:56 PM »
Tested in game your commands, now it works. Missiles lock as intended. Right click fires weapon group 2. But left click command seems to do nothing, instead of firing group 1... Now, i guess, we'll have to wait for another version of your cool program for this to be implemented =) By the way, can you do an option to set the amount of time the mouse buttons are being pressed? ;) Thanks.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2015, 03:06:06 PM by ilyich »

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2015, 03:32:39 PM »
Great news.  Thanks for letting me know that it's working.

Left click is implemented exactly the same way as all the other buttons.  I tested them all and they are all working in Chrome so if left click is not working for you in your game for some reason, there must be some other reason that is beyond my control to fix.  I also tested left click in the game "Rebel Galaxy" and this worked, but the old mouse click actions worked in that game too.

If you edit the command action you will see that setting the click duration has already been implemented as an optional parameter for DxInput.Mouse.Click.

There are also DxInput.Mouse.Down and DxInput.Mouse.Up actions so you could combine this with other things like keyboard emulation and delays etc. (with caution).

I did not yet implement mouse movement but I think this is also possible using the same approach.

ilyich

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2015, 04:19:59 PM »
Played a little bit with mouse click delays. Left button works too. Think it depends on weapons in game and time it has to be pressed to actually shoot.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2015, 04:25:31 PM »
Excellent. That's why I added the delay option.  :)

ilyich

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2015, 04:32:27 PM »
Thank you.