Author Topic: Major update ALPHA 2.3.0.*  (Read 19545 times)

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
Re: Major update ALPHA 2.3.0.1
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2019, 11:15:53 AM »

I noticed an "bug" in the AccuWeather plugin - the location is only temporary saved.
When VoxCommando is restarted, the field with the location in the plugin is empty and causes an authorization error 401.
I have solved it temporarily by first executing the"AccuW.Change" action with the location code followed by the weather query.
***********  get excited and make things  **********

nime5ter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Getting Started with VoxCommando
« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2019, 03:53:57 PM »
oops.  I'm not sure what happened there.  I will take a look at this when I get home at the end of August.
TIPS: POST VC VERSION #. Explain what you want VC to do. Say what you've tried & what happened, or post a video demo. Attach VC log. Link to instructions followed.  Post your command (xml)

keithj69

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2019, 03:36:27 PM »
Just found the alpha release.  I'll start playing around with it and report any issues if I find any.   Thanks for the continued development.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2019, 11:50:28 AM »
oops.  I'm not sure what happened there.  I will take a look at this when I get home at the end of August.

OK.  I think I've fixed this now.  The new version is linked to at the top of this thread, but the version of VC is still 2.3.0.2 because only the plugin was updated.  The new version of the plugin will be 2.0.0.7

PegLegTV

• $upporter
    • View Profile
Re: Major update ALPHA 2.3.0.*
« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2019, 12:48:13 AM »
Hey I've been using the new version for a little over a week now as my main VC And it's working great, I've set Gtts as my tts for everything, but I haven't had time test out AccuWeather more.

I've noticed that  | (pipe) doesn't work with Gtts, so you can't use random phrases like the tts plugin does,

Would it be possible to add in the ability to amplify the MP3 that is played back when using Gtts? with tts I was using a command that made the tts volume seem normal at all levels ex. if watching a video that had a low volume level it would turn down the tts volume so it didn't sound like it was screaming at you and vice versa.

also would It be possible to store the mp3 file name created by the gtts plugin in some type of variable, this could be used to send the mp3 to another device for playback

keep up the great work!  ::bow ::bow :hugs

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2019, 12:00:18 PM »
Hey Pegleg.

Nice to know someone is actually using the new version.

I noticed this too and had started to work on that and some other additions.  So today I finished up what I was doing.   Please try out 2.3.0.3 at the top of this thread.

The volume was at 100% so it cannot be "amplified" but now you can set it to anything from 1% to 100%.

You can also set the output device etc.

This version is also much easier on the RAM as the last one was not always disposing of the sound player object properly after playing the TTS audio.

I've added info on the speak actions which returns the relative path of the audio file.  You can access this using the {LastInfo} variable.  Note that it's relative to the root VC folder so if you are passing it to another program you'll need to add to the beginning to create the full path.

PegLegTV

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2019, 12:07:20 PM »
Awesome work, apparently great minds think alike  ;), I'll have to find some time in the near future to take a look, I'm working on learning my new CNC   ;D

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2019, 02:13:54 PM »
Hehe, I used this version too  :biglaugh

That is awesome work James
***********  get excited and make things  **********

Aniv_D

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 04, 2020, 03:38:41 AM »
Thanks for the update!

more question. is it possible to implement 2 new actions.

Marker and Jump to marker.

which made it possible to move to a specified location within the command.
only I do not know whether it will be actual for other users and whether it is real to implement such.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #24 on: January 04, 2020, 08:39:06 AM »
I have considered this before and I think it is too difficult to implement properly.

I think you can achieve the same effect using events to trigger other commands, or logic blocks and loops.

Or if you need to to something more advanced then I think it makes sense to use python.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2020, 08:41:18 AM by jitterjames »

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #25 on: May 21, 2020, 02:05:42 PM »
Thread split and continued here:

Topic: Hungarian recognition and TTS using Google
https://voxcommando.com/forum/index.php?topic=2941.msg24831#msg24831

Telorast

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 30, 2020, 06:24:06 PM »
I noticed the AudioEndpoint plugin is 32b only. Will it ever be 64b?

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #27 on: November 01, 2020, 03:31:58 PM »
Sorry for the delay in answering this but I had to do a bit of research first, since I have not touched that plugin since 2016!

Anything that relies on a 32bit dll will only work in a 32bit application.  The AudioEndpoint plugin uses coreaudio.dll which appears to be 32bit only.

The DirextX plugin is another example of a plugin that relies on a 32bit dll.

I will look to see if there is another option instead of coreaudio.dll that works in both 32bit and 64bit programs.  If there is I will need to rewrite the plugin.  Not exactly from scratch but all the important code will need to be replaced to use a different api.

But I should point out that there is really no advantage to using the 64bit version of VoxCommando instead of the 32 bit version of VoxCommando, at least in terms of performance.  I  have included both options of VC only for the sake of compatibility.  There may be something that only works in 64bit and in that case you might need to use VC 64bit but if everything works for you in the 32bit version, I recommend that you just keep using that instead of the 64bit.  You won't be missing anything.

So far the only thing I'm aware of that requires a 64bit version of VC is certain TTS voices seem to work only in 64 bit applications.  There might be other things like 3rd party plugins that only work in 64bit but if there are I am not aware of them.

Aniv_D

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 25, 2020, 03:30:03 PM »
Hi jitterjames !!!
I don't know, but it may have been fixed, but still...
I noticed that in 2.3.0.8 in the Russian version there are some errors in the algorithms.
1. Not locked these fields in the algorithm. I think this may confuse users and they will enter data in the wrong fields
2. Some operators contain an extra # character, and the operator "(A)Contains(B)" is also translated and also has an extra #character)
« Last Edit: November 25, 2020, 03:35:11 PM by Aniv_D »

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #29 on: November 26, 2020, 09:18:51 AM »
Wow.  I did not know about this.  Big problem.

Thanks for letting me know!  :)